Chapter 37

A few feet away from us there's  shuffling," who's there?" The two men stalk forward as their fairy dust swirls around them. The dark haired fairy cautiously walks over to them with her hands up," what are you doing out here?" The shorter male approached her," Miracle sent me to check on the immortal." He nods," have you seen anybody else in this forest?" " No," she looks between the two men. " Okay, hurry and get out of here. It's getting dark." They walk past her going towards the mountains. The maid walks the opposite direction past the tree.  Fucking close, I slouch back into the tree. I release my hand over the fox's mouth. " Be quiet," I whisper. The fox looks up at me while I run my hands through his fur. We wait ten minutes, before climbing out the tree. " Come on boy," I run in the direction the men went. I follow the trial of fairy dust through the forest and into the mountains.

 Night has settled causing me to be extra cautious where we step. We climb half the mountain when I see one of the men standing above us. Fuck, I move against the mountain and let me magic drag the fox down the mountain. " He's not here," I hear footsteps. " He may be on the other side of the mountain," the other man says." Yeah let's check it out before we head down." Footsteps move closer to the edge of the cliff making little rocks and pebbles fall. He stands there for a moment before walking away," let's hurry up."  I stand still while listening as they walk farther away. Shit, that was close, I stepped back from the wall. Where are they keeping Nayyirah? It must be close, if they  just went to check on her.

I pull the fairy dust carrying the fox back up the mountain. I continue up the mountain following the fairy dust to the mouth of a small cave. I look down at the fox," looks like we're gonna have to squeeze our way in there." I duck my head as I walk into the cave. The trail of fairy dust lights the cave up making it easier to see. After a few minutes I came to the opening, crystals litter the walls and floor causing a glow in the cave. Chains rattled caughting  my attention," Nayyirah." They move again and I walk further to the back. Nayyirah is chained to the wall with her head hanging down. I step closer to have this force stop me. " Nayyirah," her head moves to the side but nothing else. They must have drugged her. I reach my hand out touching the shield separating us. 

This is not fairy magic, I look around at the border of the shield. Symbols and words combined, outlining  the shield separating us. I can't wipe it away since half of it is on the other side of the shield. I look around the cave seeing nothing that could help. That maid was just here checking on Nayyirah. She was able to get past the barrier. I start to think, her magic is not that strong. So how did she get past the barrier? I place my hand back on and let my fairy dust try to remove the barrier. The fairy dust bounces off the barrier hanging in the air. I take a few more minutes to think. Dawn will be here soon and if I don't get her out here now. They'll move  her somewhere else in the morning. It will be harder for me to find her. 

I stop in front of the barrier and stare at Nayyirah. If only there's a way to bring her through the barrier to me. I look at the writing on the board of the barrier. I send my dust to the edges of the barrier where it slips behind the barrier. It wraps around Nayyirah, let's hope this works. I work the fairy dust up her arm to the chains around her wrist. After a few seconds, I hear a click of them open, yes. I  slowly move Nayyirah to the barrier. I take a deep breath before pulling her through the barrier. I  struggled for a few seconds before she was full through. I wrap my arms around her and squeeze her tight. I pull back looking at her face. There's no wounds or bruises. " Nayyirah," I shake her but she doesn't wake. She must be under a spell. The fox jumps on our legs," get down," I push him away.

 It's gonna be morning soon. We need to get out of here before they find us. I look down at Nayyirah," I'm going to fix this, just hold on."  I set her down on the ground and let my fairy dust pick her up. I walk down the tunnel with Nayyirah floating behind me. After a few minutes, we reach the end of the cave. I step out and look around before pulling Nayyirah out the cave. If we go west, we could be on the other side of the village in five hours. The fox barks at Nayyirah," come on boy." We walk to the other side of the mountain then walk down into the forest. Sunrise starts to come over the top of the trees. We need to get in shelter until nightfall. We run through the forest as branches scrap against our body and insects buzz around us.

I stop to caugh my breath," fuck, where is it?" I look around," think, Sebastian," I turn around in a circle. Where's the hiding spot, I look up into the trees and a marking caughts my eye. I run in that direction stopping at the thin tree. Just above the first branch is a carving of a V and B. The cabin should be a few meters away. " Come on boy," the fox stops chewing a flower and follows me. We run for hours as the sun sits high in the sky. We gotta be close, I lean against a tree. Sweat drips down my body and the fox drops on the ground. " Sorry boy," I lean my head back and close my eyes. I stay like that for a few minutes then open my eyes. I look over at Nayyirah floating next to the tree. I gotta keep her safe,  I push off the tree. " Come on boy," the fox lays on the ground.

 I lean down picking him up and start walking," we're almost there boy." I push myself with each step to keep moving forward. The heat from the sun beams down on me," fuck." I stagger with each step until my legs buckle causing me to drop to my knees. The fox leaps out of my arms while I let tiredness take over my body. I lean over with my hands on the ground. The fox walks back and forth in front of me barking," what?" I look up to see two people walking towards us from a clearing. Get up, I struggle to move my legs. I crane my head, seeing them move closer," get up, the cabin is just a few feet away." My arms wobble with each passing  second," sir, are you alright?" Move, don't get caught," Sir, can you hear me?" My eyes get heavy and everything fades to black. 

I open my eyes to a wooden ceiling above me. Where am i? I sit up and look around the small bedroom. I move to the edge of the bed feeling my muscles scream with each movement. Fuck,I can bearly move. Footsteps move across the bottom of the door. I need to find Nayyirah and get us out of here. I struggle pulling myself off the bed and slowly walk to the door. Grabbing the door knob, I quietly open it then peek my head through. I step into the hallway and smell something delicious. My stomach starts to rumble, I haven't eaten since breakfast yesterday. I can't stop now. I gotta grab Nayyirah and find a ride back home. The smell comes from the end of the hallway. I lean against the wall while I walk. By the time I walk a few feet I was breathing hard. Damn, I can barely move. 

How am I going to carry Nayyirah out of here? An old lady appears in front of me," honey, you need to be laying down.You past out this afternoon." She walks over to me and places her hand on my shoulder," I'm fine. I need to go." She placed her right hand on her hip," boy you can barely walk. Let alone go off by yourself. Now let me help." She grabs my arm and pulls me out the hall into the hallway. " Sit, I'll grab you some food and something to drink," she walks away. The living room has a large sofa and a smaller one with a table in between. The door sits on the other side by the entrance to the kitchen. The door opens and the fox runs in with an older man behind him.