chapter 5

" Miracle you're out of line. These are  our guests," Samaria scolds her. 
" I'm sorry," she spat. I chuckle," you might not like the way I'm doing things but I will capture this person."
 " That's all we can ask of you," Kenneth says. 
" Thank you for being here and taking this in your personal hands," King Oisín says. 
" You're welcome," I take a sip. The mood in the room shifts as Queen Samaria talks to Orissa and Pete. Kenneth, Tristan, Miracle and King Oisín go to the other side of the room and talk. I look back out the window trying to  see the silhouette.
 " What are you looking at?" Ryan stands next to me.
" I think my eyes are playing tricks on me," I shake my head, turning back to the room. Ryan looks at me then sits back down.

" I should be heading to bed now," Kenneth put his cup down.
" It's too early," Queen Samaria  says. 
" Yeah I have to make a trip through the portal," she nods. He walks over to me," nice meeting you Princess Nayyirah. I hope you're able to figure this out."
 " Nice meeting you too," I smile. He says his goodbyes then leaves the room. I walk around the room mingling for a few hours before calling it a night. We walk the quiet hallways as a dark shadow runs past the staircase. 
" You see that," Ryan points. 
" Yeah," I take my heels off and start running down the  hall. We follow the shadow out one of the windows across the grass into the forest. 

I run full speed behind the shadow. Fireflies light the forest up.
 " Slow down Princess," Noah says. I keep running until I knock into someone. I  land on top of them. I look up to see orange curly hair and goatee, greenish/ brown eyes and  pink lips. 
" What are you doing out here," I lean back on my knees," I was-." 
" Princess, are you okay," Noah stands next to me, grabbing my arm
." Yes," he pulls me off the ground. Ryan stands next to us while he takes deep breaths," shit you're fast. Whose that?" He points to the man on the ground," that's what I'm trying figure out." He stands up wiping his clothes down.
 " Who are yall? Why are you in  my family's forest?" 
" I'm Nayyirah from the royal immortals. I'm here to capture the immortal that's attacking your people." He moves closer inspecting me. Now that he's standing I can tell that he's over six foot and very muscular. 

The purple mark runs up his right arm into his shirt black shirt. 
" Is that so," he looks behind me. 
" Yes, is that a problem?"
 " I thought they would have a more experienced person here. Not some little girl," he scuffs.
 " I'm more than capable of capturing this person," I step closer to him. He closes the space between us,'' I highly doubt that," my chest touches his lower stomach.  I grit my teeth," will see about that," I stomp off walking back to the castle. 
Who do he think he is? Thinking I'm not able to capture an immortal. I'm going to show his handsome face. No, I can't think like that. 

I shake my head walking into the castle.
 " Where could she have run off to?"
" I hope it's to find the killer and  not to fornicate." I walk to the staircase seeing king Oisín, Queen Samaria, Tristan and Miracle standing at the bottom of the staircase. 
" There you go Nayyirah," Queen Samaria walks over to us. 
" Hello mother," a body brush passes me, sending a flash of heat up my arm. "Sebastian,where have you been? You've been gone for days." She pulls him into a hug," I'm good. Just following leads to the murders."
 "This is our guest form the immortal royal family, Nayyirah. Nayyirah, this is my son Sebastian."
 " We already met, mom. It's been a long night, I'm going to bed," he leans down kissing her cheek. 
" Night son," he walks up the stairs with Tristan and Miracle following him. 
" Don't take offense to his brutish ways."

" I won't. Good night," I walk past her going up the stairs. We walk to our wing of the castle," we need to report what we saw," Noah tells me. 
" Let's just wait until we inspect the bodies and give them all the information at one time." He takes a few seconds to think about," okay."
 " Good night guys," I open my door. 
" Night Princess," I close my door. I drop my shoes at the end of the bed then slide out my dress. There's a spirit immortal here. Why are they here and how did they get here? Why was it in the castle? Who's helping? I go in my suitcase pulling out my sleep shorts and tank top. I fold the dress up then put it back in the suitcase before  getting in bed. Let's hope tomorrow brings more information, I pull the covers over me then close my eyes. 

" Princess," a knock on the door wakes me up.
" Yes," I sit up in bed. The door opens with Noah peeking his head in.
 " Breakfast is being served in an hour."
 " Alright, " I pull the covers off me. 
" We'll be in the sitting room," Noah tells me before shutting the door. I get out of bed and walk to the bathroom. I sit on the toilet thinking about the shadow last night. I  thought this was some hoax in getting me or Niome here to form an alliance. Now,there's an immortal here causing trouble. I flush the toilet then turn on the shower. After I  strip out my clothes, I get in the shower. I stand under the water thinking about last night. Why was the spirit in the house? Was it visiting someone? Someone close to the royal family is working with the immortal. After I finish washing, I  turn the water off then wash my face and brush my teeth.

 I walk out of the bathroom grabbing my suitcase. I pull out underwear then put on a black t-shirt, blue jeans and all black Nikes. I put my box braids in a ponytail. I grab my notes and pen sitting on the bed while I write about the spirit. I put it in the nightstand then leave my room going to the sitting room. 
" What do you think about this," Noah stands up while Ryan sits on the couch with his feet on the table.
 " They have a traitor here?" I walk in the room. They both look in my direction. 
"I'm thinking that Marty let the spirit in undetected."
 " You could be on to something," Noah points to me.

" What about the fairy dust lady?"
 " I don't know yet. We need to see what fairy dust can do so we can determine why she was killed." They nod their heads in agreement," let's keep our eyes open while we are here." 
" Yeah, if it's a higher up involved in this. They could put a hit on us," Ryan points out. I nod," let's get to breakfast." We leave the sitting room walking down the hallway to the staircase. Prince Sebastian stands across from us at the other landing. Our eyes clash as we take each other in. The sleeveless white tunic and cotton pants fit him right. I walk down the stairs with Noah and Ryan. Another set of footsteps are heard. Sebastian walks next to me, Princess Nayyirah, how was your night?" 

" Good, what about yours?"
 " Great, I hope you don't take offense to this but you are out of your league here. You need to go home before you get hurt." We reach the bottom of the stairs," I'm thankful for your concern but I can deal with this myself. "I walk towards the dining room leaving him behind.Fairies fly in and out of the dining room. We walk through the threshold to a table filled with every food known to man. Miracle and Tristan are already sitting at the table. 
" Good morning," I sit a few seats down from them.
 " Good morning," Tristan says.
 " Good morning, nephew," Miracle says in a high pitch voice. Sebastian sits across from us and grunts at her. I hold my laugh in as I fill my plate.