chapter 10

After a few seconds, we break apart," I need to go before I'm late." He pecks my lips one more time before moving. 
" I'll see you later," I follow him out the door.
" Here's the extra key babe," he digs in his pocket pulling out a key. 
" I'll be home at six. Have a good day of training," he leans down kissing my lips. I kiss back with more eagerness," love birds." I back away looking to my right at Tommy and Derek. 
" Hey," I wave. 
" Hey," Tommy side hugs me then dap Kaine up. 
" Man, you don't know how good it is to have my boy back at work." 
" I know,"  Kaine says. Derek  nods at Kaine then walks closer to me," you better take care of my lady " 

" She's in good hands. I know how strong she is first hand," we all laugh. Kaine and Tommy get in the car while me and Derek walk down the street.
 "I was thinking that you are our tactical strategist." 
" What would that mean for me?"
" You would help train the pack members but also I want to train a special team to go on missions for us." I nod my head," what team do you have in mind?"He smiles," you'll love them." We walk to the training grounds as pack members wave and say good morning to us. Warriors start to join us on the walk up the hill.I stop at the edge of the training ground looking around getting the feeling of home. 
" Come in Taylor. You need to whip  these warriors in shape." I walk over to the mat as everyone line up. 

" Everyone got their weapons," they all nod their heads.
 " Get a partner and start sparring. I'll be checking everyone's stance." After a few hours of training the warriors, Derek and I sat down.
 " The next group of people are the average pack members. They just need to know the basics." I nod my head as people start walking up. Derek walks over to them while I stay seated. He chats with a few people as more people come. I stand up stretching when Maya walks up. I roll my shoulders taking in a deep breath before walking over to the mat.
" Taylor will be one of our new trainers." A scuff is heard to the left. I look over to see Maya and an older lady," everyone get in groups of two." 

Everyone pairs up," I'll take this half and you take the other half," he points to the left. I move over to my group," we will be working on defense. I need a volunteer to demonstrate with." Maya steps forward,it would be her. 
 " Attack me," she smiles,  stepping forward. Maya takes her right hand swinging at me. I block it with my left," to successfully block a hit with your  opposite hand." I push her arm back," one more time." She swings her left hand and I block my right. Maya grunts then backs away then charges me. I block her first couple hits until she kicks me in the stomach. I stumble back a few inches," you don't want to do this," I look at her. She runs towards me like a crazy woman. I move out of the way at the last second. 

She skids before stopping," Maya this is my last time. You better stop before I hurt you." She growls before running at me again throwing punches. I duck and dodge then punch her in the face. She slides back a few feet. Blood drips down her mouth. She wipes the blood from her lips  then looks at her hand. Maya lets out a yell then attacks me. I dodge her punches then kick her in the ribs. I grab her arm, pulling her to me. I wrap my arm around her and  pick her up  slamming her on the ground. I jump up from off the ground and she sluggishly gets up," I'll kill you." Her bones start to shift in different places. A few seconds later a medium size brown wolf stands across from me. A low growl is heard," what is she doing?"

 The older pack members start to mumble to each other. She  takes steps towards me while growling. I stretch my right hand out, I can't kill her since she's part of the pack. Guess I'm left with injuring her. The markings on my arm move, forming a sword.
 " Maya." Derek runs over stepping between us.
" Shift now," he demands. Cracking of bones are heard and a few seconds later Maya stands up proudly with her body on display. I keep my eyes off her, I can't get used to this. 
" What is the cause of this? Why are you attacking Taylor in wolf form?" 
" It's just a misunderstanding, delta Derek," Maya innocently says.
 " Maya what did you do," Derek grits his teeth. 
"Just some pack training," she shrugs. 
" Go see the alpha," he yells. 

Maya

" I think that's a little too far for a little misunderstanding." I step closer to him," Taylor will be the future luna to this pack." I growl at the mention of her being luna. In a blink of an eye Derek stands in front of me. He grabs my neck lifting me in the air.
"This misunderstanding is you showing disrespect to her in front of the pack. " I wrap my hands around his wrist,  grasping for breath.
 " Apologize to Taylor," he tightens his hold on my neck before he sets me down. I cough rubbing my neck, he can't be serious.
 " Taylor's waiting, Maya." I look up at Taylor holding a sword " sorry."
 " Put some clothes on. The alpha is waiting to see you in his office." Fuck, I stare ar Derek as he turns and walk to Taylor.  I walk through the crowd of pack members.

 " She should be disappointed by her actions." 
" Wait till her mother hears about this." I hang my head low as I walk to the storage unit. I open the door going to the back rack where extra clothes are stored. I grab a pair of black sweatpants, a tank top and a hoodie. I grab a pair of Nike slides, putting them on my feet. I walk out of the storage unit seeing everyone in pairs of two fighting while Taylor walks around. I start my walk  down the hill,this is all her fault. If she never would have came back. Kaine and I could have been together then  I would be the future luna. I walk to the community center where the alpha's office is located. With many of our meeting rooms. 

I wave to the pack members as I walk into the building. I go to the second floor  where the alpha's and luna's offices are. I stop in front  of the closed door, taking a deep breath before knocking.
 " Come in," I open the door slowly. Alpha James sits behind his desk looking at some paperwork.
 " Maya, have a seat," he puts the paper down. I sit down as my heart starts to beat faster. 
" What happened at the training grounds?" I lick my lips," Taylor needed a volunteer to demonstrate a move. I guess my  competitive nature was getting the best of me. It was just a misunderstanding, Alpha James. I didn't mean to take it that far." The room goes quiet as my hands get sweaty. 
" Since this is the first time that you've been in any type of trouble like this."

 I wipe my hands down my pants," but you can't be challenging the future luna. So you'll get a month of cleaning the equipment room as punishment.'' 
'' Thank you alpha," relief takes over my body.
 " Maya you're a good girl, I don't want this to happen again," he points at me.
 "It wont. I promise," I stand up.
" Good, I'll tell Derek about the situation and you'll start tomorrow during the last training of the day." 
" Yes sir, thank you."
 " You're welcome," he smiles. I smile while walking out the office. I'm going to get her out of this pack. If it's the last thing I'll do.