chapter 22

Maya 

I stand at the top of the training grounds looking at the pack members' train. 
" Okay ladies and gentlemen, training for the week is done. I'll see you all on Monday,"Taylor says.  The pack members say their good nights before leaving. They walk past me down the hill whispering. I hold my head high walking farther into the training ground. Me and Taylor make eye contact for a brief second before she walks away. I bend down and grab the equipment on the ground.
" Derek, you ready?"
 " Just give me a few minutes." I take the equipment to the storage room then go back. 
" Have a good weekend," Derek tells the warriors. I walk over to his area and start cleaning up.
 "Eve is having brunch with some of the females in the pack tomorrow. She wanted you to come."

 " Sorry, Derek, I told Grace that I will visit this weekend."
 " It's okay,  she'll understand. Come let's get home." She's going to the royal council this weekend.I rush cleaning the training ground and trails. I walk down the trails going home. Pack members still whisper as I walk past.
 " She challenged Kaine's mate. Let's hope Kaine  doesn't banish her when he becomes alpha." I bite my lips and walk past quickly. Ever since the fight everywhere I go I hear the saying thing. If she wasn't here I would be loved by the pack. They would only have good things to say about me. I get home without encountering any  pack members. 

I stand outside the front door, " I don't know what's been going on with her."I open the door then follow the voice of my mother to the living room. She sits on the couch with her back towards me. 
" Attacking the future luna, bringing dishonor to our names." My chest starts to hurt at each word my mother says. 
" Everyone whispers everytime they see us and don't let me get started on the way Luna Crystal treats me now. I don't know if I can take this. It could start affecting my business." She's hurting my family. I can't let her ruin us. I rush out of the house to my car. I swing the door open and jam the key into the ignition. I speed out of pack territory thinking of the one man that can help, Kyle. 

I speed down the road when my phone rings. My best friend's name appears on the screen," yes, Kerry." 
" Girl, where are you? A couple of us are having a bonfire in the forest."
 " I'll be there but I need to meet a friend first."
 " Who are you meeting? Is it a man? I hope so. You need to get over mating with Kaine." I roll my eyes," I'll see you later," I hang up. After ten minutes of driving I pull into Pete's parking lot. I get out the car and wall to the door, there's a few cars here let's hope they're not any pack members. I walk through the door  going to the bar.
 " What can I get you," the overweight greasy looking bartender asks.
" Gin and tonic," I go in my pocket, pulling out a twenty and placing it on the bar.

He makes my drink while I look  in the mirror behind the drinks. Where is he? I scanned the tables close by," here you go" " Thanks," I grab my drink and take a sip. I turn around looking more closely until I see short blonde hair in the back away from everyone else. I slowly walk to the table as he looks down at his phone. The closer I got he pick his head up and lock eyes with me. I sit in the empty chair across from him. I place the drink down," good to see you Maya."
 " I wouldn't say that but I need to ask you something." He leans back on his chair and crosses his arms over his chest. 
" What's the question?"
" I need reassurance that Taylor will be gone from the pack and my life." A smile spread across his face.

 " I can guarantee that she will be eradicated  from your life." I smile while picking my drink," I do have a little information for you." He put his elbows on the table and lean forward," what would that be?" I take a sip of my drink," she will be going to the royal castle this weekend." 
" Do you know why?"
 " No, but it looks like she was in a rush to get there." He nods his head," thank you for the information." He gets up from the table and pulls his wallet out. He throws a couple of bill's on the table," I'll see you in a couple of days." 
" Okay," he leaves. This better work or I'll definitely be kicked out of the pack. I finish my drink then head for the parking lot. I get in my car seeing a familiar black car when my phone rings.
" Hello," I get in my car.
"Where are you Maya?"
 " I'm on my way," I start the car. 

Taylor

" Have a good weekend, " Derek says.
" You too," I walk to the house. I pull my phone out calling Kaine," hey baby."
" Hey, I'm on my way home now. I'll pack us a bag then I'll be ready when you get home."
" Okay, baby I'll see you in an hour." I hang  up. I pull my key out my pocket and unlock the door. I walk in the house throwing the key on the hall table, then go upstairs. I walk in my bedroom going to the bathroom. I turn the shower on then strip out of my clothes before getting in. Let's hope that Nay has made some sort of contact. I wash up quickly then get out of the shower. I walk out the bathroom stopping in front of the dresser. I throw on a pair of panties and a bra then a white shirt and black joggers. I go in the closet and suitcase and duffle bag. 

I start to stuff the bag with essential things we need when I hear the front door open then footsteps on the stairs. Kaine walks in the room," you done packing?" He bends down and kisses me.
 " I'm almost down," I put the last bit of clothes in the bag. Kaine starts taking his clothes off. 
" You just need to grab some shoes," I turn around and stop. His shirt hangs open showing off his ads. I bite my lip," don't start or we won't be leaving tonight." Kaine walks to the closet while I watch him. He knows how fine he is. I turn back to the bed and finish packing our bags.

" I'm ready," Kaine walks over to me wearing a black Puma shirt with basketball shorts and black Puma shoes. 
" Okay," I slide my feet in a pair of sandals and grab my phone  while he grabs the bags. We walk out of the house to his car. I get in the passenger seat while Kaine put the bags in the truck. I unlock my phone calling Grace.
 " Hey Tay," she answered.
 " Hey we are about to pull off."
" Good, we're getting worried. We still haven't heard anything." Kaine gets in the car and puts the key in the ignition. 
" Shit, I hope she's okay. This is unlike her to not call. There got to be something wrong." Kaine pulled off," when you get here we'll figure this out."
" Yeah, I'll see you later," I hang up. I place the phone in my lap and close my eyes. Nayyirah is a fighter. She will be okay, Kaine places his hand on my leg. 
" Hey, she'll be fine. Nayyirah is a tough girl. She'll kick anyone's ass that's in her way." I chuckle," I know but I think I should have gone instead of her "
 " You can't do everything for them. They need to be independent and this is what you are allowing." I shake my head but I have a gut feeling that she's in danger. The five hours drive was long and tiring. I keep thinking of all the possibilities that are keeping her  from contacting us. 

We stop at the gate as a couple guards swarm our car. After they see us, they open the gates and we drive to the castle. Kaine parks at the bottom of the stairs and we get out. He grabs the bags while I look around remembering everything from the fight to the last day we were here. Footsteps run down the stairs and I look up at Niome running towards me. She throws her arms around my waist and I wrap mine around her. 
" You're here," Grace walks down the stairs. 
"Yes," I smile. Niome let me go and I hug Grace.
 " I guess I'm not part of the hug committee," Kaine stands a few feet away from us. They both give him a hug then we walk up the stairs. 
" What has the council said?" 
" A lot but there's a new problem," Grace's face goes dark. 
"What is it," I look at her.
" We'll talk about this in the morning." "Okay," I look over at Niome's stiff posture.