chapter 23

Daphne stands at the entrance with two maids," let's have a small dinner." The maids grab our bags while we follow Daphne into the dinning room. A huge spread fills the table. Grace and Neomi fill their plates first then sit down. Me and Kaine made our plates then sit across from them. Daphne sits a few seats away from all of them with a glass in her hand. 
" Taylor, I know that you came to solve one problem but we need your help on this recent one as well." My stomach drops," Daphne we can talk about this later." Grace turns in her seat," no this can not wait." Daphne raises her hand stopping Grace.
" What's going on?" They both turn to me," I didn't want to spring this on you all at once." Grace pauses for a brief second," the vampire king wants the girls taking off the throne."

 " What," this can't possibly be happening. Nayyirah is in another realm while Niome is about to face an attack by the vampire king. 
"What does the council want to do?" Daphne takes a sip of her drink," they want to set up a meeting in a neutral spot and they would like you to be there, Taylor." I take a second to think about it. I haven't seen the vampire king in 100 years. He's not going to be very keen on seeing me since the last time, but this is about the girls. I can't let him take what they fought so hard for," I'll come."
 " Great, I'll go tell the council," Daphne gets up from the table. Kaine leans close to me," we'll talk about this later." 

Nayyirah

Sebastian walks me to the carriage. "Thank you," I quickly move my arm around him. Noah and Ryan stand on either side or the small step to the carriage. They each take a hand and help me in the carriage. I sit down," I'll see you later Nayyirah," he turns to leave. 
" Wait a minute," I hold my hand out the door. I look at Noah," can you get my small bag?"He moves to the back of the carriage. After a few minutes,  he hands me the duffle bag. I set it beside me then go through it. After a few seconds, my fingers brush a box. I pull out the necklace that Grace gave me," you might  need this. It will fight off any harmful magic." I hand it to him," thanks." He takes it and takes a few seconds and examines it," it's the same one you have." He points to the  one on my neck," yeah," I chuckle.

" I'll make sure that we don't stray anywhere unknown," Sebastian says before he leaves. Let's hope they don't try to come up with a half ass plan while we're on the road. I close my bag then hand it back to Noah. After Noah secures the bag in the back of the carriage, Ryan and Noah  get into the carriage. Ryan sits next to me while Noah sits across  from us. After a few minutes the carriage starts to move. I close my eyes letting the sway of the carriage help me fall back to sleep.
 " Princess," I open my eyes.
" Yes," I look at Noah.
 " Are you aware of your situation?" I sit up straight," and what would that situation be?" Noah looks at Ryan then clears his throat," that you and prince Sebastian could be possible mates."

The question caughts me off guard," why would you think that?" Noah gave me the look," you two have become protective of each other and we also saw your markings light up when you touched him." Damn they found out. I thought I was doing a good job at hiding it.
 " I don't know how fairies mate but it won't be too long before he knows." I nod my head," yeah, I'm hoping that this will all be over  before he finds out and I'm long gone." Ryan turns to me, " you don't want a mate?" I take a deep breath," I do but I want to be free to explore the other realms. With me being mated and him the future fairy king it won't happen." 

Ryan nods his head," you eventually going to have to deal with it."
" I know," I sigh leaning back. The carriage goes quiet while I look out the window. The trip to the next village was long and boring, only stopping to relieve ourselves. As night starts the carriage pulls into the village. I watch the people as they talk to one another and smile at each other. This village is a little more cheerful than the last. The carriage goes through the village until it stops in front of the biggest house in the village. Noah and Ryan move closer to the window as we all watch as two fairy guards go to the door. They knock and a few minutes later, the house lights up and the door opens. They move out of the way and an old lady stands in the doorway.

The guards walk back to the carriages and open doors. Miracle and Tristan walk to the house while Sebastian walks to our carriage. Ryan and Noah get out first then I slowly step out.
" This is one of the approved stops that my father assigned." 
" Good to know," I look around as fairies walk up and down the street. We follow Sebastian to the door," Nayyirah this is Betty. My father's great aunt."
 " Nice meeting you, Mrs. Betty," I reach my hand out. She pulls me into a hug," nice meeting you sweetie." 
" Nice meeting you too," she let's go. 
" Let's get you all to a room then breakfast in the morning before you leave."  We walk into the beautiful house when I feel a veil of magic come over me.  Does she have a spell over the house?  The walls are decorated with red and gold stripes on the walls. 

Family pictures hang on the walls," why are you all here so late? You know an old fairy like me needs her beauty rest."
" Aunt Betty, you're still young as the day I was born. Also  we ended up taking a little detour the other night and Nayyirah got hurt." She grabs my shoulder," are you okay?"
 "Yeah it was just a little cut." Sebastian looks at me hard," good, let's get you to bed." We follow her upstairs," Sebastian, you know where your room is." Betty laces her arm through mine," I'll put you in a room closer to mine. I don't want any of these young men disturbing you." We go to the last two doors, " here's your room and your guards can take the rooms that are next to your room." She opens the door allowing me to step in first. 

The room is decorated in white and cream. A huge bed sitting in the center of the room with a huge window with a bench underneath it.
" The bathroom is on the left. There are clean rags and towels on the counter. If you need anything don't  hesitate to ask."
 " Thank you Mrs. Betty," I turn to her. "You're welcome, have a good night," she smiles then leaves the room. Ryan and Noah set my bags at the bottom of the bed. 
" You want us to stay with you?" I take a seat on the bed," no, I believe she put a protection spell on the house." 
" I felt it too when we walked in the house," Naoh says.
 " At least let me check your wound before we go," Ryan digs in one of my bags while Noah walks over to me. I pull my shirt up and look down at the bandage. Noah slowly peels it off," it looks a little better.

 I look down at my stomach. The stitches are red and a little tender to the touch.
 " Nayyirah, you don't have to worry-," I look up at Sebastian standing in the doorway. He stares at my wound," what were you saying?
" I pull my shirt down," you don't have to worry about being attacked. Aunt Betty put a protection spell over the house." 
" I felt it when we walked in the house."
 " Yeah," he stares at me for a few seconds.
 " Goodnight, I'll see you all in the morning," he walks away. Ryan sets the medical stuff on the bed then closes the door. Noah wipes antiseptic over the stitches," good thing I brought a first aid kit." I nod my head watching as they put gauze over the wound and tape it.