chapter 41

Nayyirah

My eyes open slowly to an unfamiliar place. Where did they take me, I struggle to move my arms and legs falling out of the bed. Fuck, I lay on the floor trying to unwrap the covers around when the door opens. I freeze in place seeing Sebastian standing in the doorway. " Nayyirah," he walks over to me and pulls me into his arms. " I'm so sorry that I let them take you," he looks me in the eye. I didn't say anything, just took in all the bruises and cuts on his face and arms. " What happened to you?" He chuckles," a long story," he stands both of us up. " How are you feeling? They used a lot of fairy dust on you." " Very weak. I can barely move." He nods helping me to the bed," as of right now we are on the run to get back to my parents before Miracle and Tristan."

 I nod my head," okay, where is Ryan and Noah?" Sebastian sighs," Miracle, used one of the maids and changed her appearance to look like you. Ryan and Noah went back to your realm with her, but I was able to let it slip about the necklace she wore." I shake my head," I'm going to hope my sister and Taylor will be able to tell that it's not me but we have other things to worry about. Where are we?" " In the middle of the dark forest," I nod. " Whose house are we in," I look around the well kept room. " This is Dottie and Carl's house. They are letting us stay until we get better," I nod. " We need to be leaving by nightfall. We wasted a day already." 

" Let me see if Dottie has any clothes for you, I'll be back." He walks out the room closing the door behind him, is this a dream. I wave my slow responding arms, the last couple of times, I had a dream like this but when I woke up to be chained to a wall. That  little bitch would throw dust in my face and I would get sleepy. As I try to use my element power, my arm would light up but nothing happened. Am I still in the cave, I drop my arm to my side. The door opens, Sebastian walks in with a pile of clothes in his hand. Behind him an older lady walks in," your up sweetie." She stands in front of me," how are you feeling?" She looks at me," tired." " That's to be expected since they used a lot of fairy dust on you." She looks over at me some more," breakfast will be done shortly," she smiles before leaving. 

Sebastian sets the clothes down on the dresser then walks over to me," let me help you to the bathroom." He takes my hand, pulls me up and we slowly walk out of the bedroom into the hallway to the next room. He turns the water on," do you need help?" " No, I should be fine." He nods then walks out the bathroom. I slowly take my clothes off before stepping in the shower. I let the warm water fall down in my body. After a few minutes, I start scrubbing my body until I felt squeaky clean. I get out of the shower and dry off then collect my clothes before leaving the bathroom. I walk back to the bedroom to Sebastian sitting on the bed staring off into space. I clear my throat, shaking him out of his thoughts," sorry. Do you need anything?" 

He stands up," no." " There's clothes for you right there," he points to the dresser before leaving. After he closes the door, I move to the dresser looking at the clothes. These are for old people. The clothes are big and loose fitting. Most of them have floral designs on them, they got me dressing like a granny. I put on a pair of cotton pants with a loose fitting shirt. I look at myself in the mirror, guess this will do. I grab my dirty clothes off the floor, putting them on the dresser. I look out the tiny window next to the dresser. The trees surrounding the house, we're still in the forest. I can't still be dreaming?  I take my right hand and pinch my left arm, "ouch." I rub my arm, the door opens," you okay?" Sebastian stands in the doorway with oversized pants and a half  of his shirt button up. " Yeah," I chuckle at him. 

He walks farther in the room," Nayyirah, Dottie and Carl know me as Sean."  I nod my head," let's go get some breakfast, Sean." He smiles, lacing his arm with mine. We walk down the hallway to the living room.  An old man sits in a chair next to the fireplace with the fox next to him. The fox runs up to me," hey boy," I rub him. " It looks like sleeping beauty is up," an old man gets up. " Carl this is Nayyirah," I stand up and shake his hand. " Thank you for taking us in, ,'' he nods. " Let's head in the kitchen, Dottie got breakfast done," we follow him into the kitchen. Dottie stands at the stove stirring inside the pot," sit down."  The table  sits a few feet away from the stove. We sit down in the empty seats," here we go," Dottie comes over with the skillet in her hand. 

She scoops food from the skillet onto our plates." Thank you," I pick my fork up and start eating. Dottie puts the skillet back and then comes to sit at the table with us. We eat in silence the entire time until Carl gets up and puts his plate in the sink." Sean when you're done. Meet me in front of the house." " Yes sir," Carl walks out of the kitchen. Sebastian looks at me then finishes his food. He gets up from the table and puts his plate in the sink before leaving. I watch him with each step," he'll be okay. Carl is just apprehensive about you two staying here. He's just feeling him out," I nod my head going back to my plate. Dottie gets up and fixes two glasses then places one in front of me," drink this. It will help you with the effects from the fairy dust." I pick the cup and take a sip.

 I gag," it's nasty but it will do the trick." I take a deep breath and gulp down the thick substance. Dottie smiles," you should feel better in a few hours," she picks up our dishes and goes to sink. I slowly get up and push all the chairs in," honey sit down. You were just under all that fair dust. It's gonna take some time to get back your strength." I sit back down, watching Dottie wash the dishes. " How long have you and Carl been living out here?" " We've been living out here for more than ten years." " That's a long time to be living in the forest. Away from everyone. You must get lonely at times." " After a while you get use to the quiet. Every two weeks we go into town and mingle with the town folks."

" That doesn't sound bad." While Dottie  finishes the dish, I take my time and study the house. " Let's go sit on the porch," Dottie drys her hands. I stand up and follow her to the porch. Two wooden chairs sit on the small porch with a small clearing between the house and forest. The birds and insects fly around buzzing. Dottie picks up yarn and needles while I stare off into the woods. " How can you tell which direction the town is?" " You see the mountains are right there," she points a little to the left. " So walking a more straight path will get you to the edge of town." I nod my head," what's on the other side of the forest?" " The road leading to the other town." " Have you been there before?" " Yeah, a few times but it's dangerous. Especially at night," I nod my head. Got the feeling from last time we went.

 Dottie goes back to her needling while I watch the forest. The tiredness starts to leave my body, making me feel refreshed and energized. " It's finally working," I flex my arms then legs. Dottie smiles," good." Now that I'm moving, we could be leaving tonight. If Miracle left already, they are a day ahead of us. " What got you thinking so hard?" " How are we going to get to the fairy Kingdom without being caught by the Duke?" Dottie sets her kitting down and pokes her lips out," well sugar, I might got the thing for you." She gets up and goes in the house then comes back out," take this." She holds a small diamond in her hand," when you get to the next town over go to the stables. This is worth at least two horses."