chapter 36

Sebastian 

The portal closes and a smile graces Miracles face. " Let's celebrate," she looks at the rest of us." Yes, let me get a maid," Victoria walks out the room. We all filed out of the room going to the sitting room. I walk behind them as they celebrate Nayyirah leaving. These fuckers acting like she's gone. She has to be close to here but where? Conversation between Juluis and Tristan goes on while Violet and Victoria sit on the couch. Two maids walk in carrying cups and a pitcher of our natural nectar. The maids walk around and pour us each a drink. Then the maids stop at Miracle pouring her a drink. Miracle leans in talking quietly to the dark haired fairy. I move to the window releasing my fairy dust. The maids finish serving Miracle, placing the pitcher on the table before leaving. 

I watch my fairy dust slide over the floor onto the bottom of the dark haired fairy's shoe. " So, Sebastian," Miracle walks over to me. " Yes, Miracle," I sip from  my cup looking at her. " This must feel like a weight had been lifted  off your shoulders. Now that they're back home." " Yeah, it's good to see her go. How long we staying before heading back to the castle?" " I was thinking of staying for three days. Letting the horses and the guards recuperate before getting back on the road." I nod my head," yeah, let everyone rest up before we head back." " Good, I know a special young fairy that would love to hear this news. Shit, Miracle walks over the Violet and Victoria. 

I turn to look out the window, where could they be keeping Nayyirah? Especially with the type of power she has? Violet's reflection appears in the window," I hear you're staying for a few more days." " Yeah, the horses and guards need time to relax before we head back to the castle." She nods," you haven't seen the forest in years. You should go see it before leaving." " Yeah, it's been a while," I watch the dark haired maid walk from the back of the castle into the forest. " The forest is still as beautiful as it was when we were kids." " Is it," I look over at Violet. She looks up at me like I'm the love of her life," yes, nothing has changed. The forest animals are still roaming." I nod my head, this is going to get out of hand the longer I'm here. I turn from the window as Victoria and Miracle whisper amongst each while peaking glances our way.

 Very conniving woman, " I'll make sure to visit before I leave." " That's great, we could make it like when we were kids." " Yeah," I wall over to one of the chairs  while Violet follows behind me. " What were you two kids talking about," Victoria turn her attention to us. " I was telling him the forest is still as beautiful," Violet chirps. " Yes, there have been many visitors over the years to come and see it." I raise my eyebrows," really?" " Yes," Victoria moves to the edge of her seat." People come from all around to see the forest and the wildlife." I sip my drink," well I need to see before I leave." " Yes, I'm sure that Violet has no problem taking you," Victoria smiles at me.

" That would be very gracious of her," I smile back. " We can go tomorrow." I nod at Violet," then it's set. We can go after breakfast." A huge smile goes across her face," I'll have the maids pack for us," she runs out the room. Tristan and Julius walk over," what's she so excited about?" " Her and Sebastian are going to take a trip in the forest." " That's good. It will be like old times," he looks at me. " Yeah," I stop myself from rolling my eyes. I stand up," I'll see you all later." " Where are you going," Miracle asks. " Just walking around the ground. I've been so busy with keeping an eye on Nayyirah. I haven't seen the changes they've made since I've been gone." " I'll send Violet after you. When she's done talking to the maids." " Okay," I head out the sitting room and slowly walk down the hall. 

I need to lose Violet. I walk around glancing around until I spot one of my guards with the fox by his side. " Sir," he bows while the fox runs up to me. I bend down rubbing him," he was just taking out, sir." " Thank you," I stand up. " Is there anything I can do for you?" I look at him," actually you can. The younger Dutches wants to spend time with me and I need a break. Do you mind keeping her busy for a while?" " Not at all sir," he shakes his head. " Thank you very much. She should be headed this way just tell her I went in a different direction." " Yes sir," footsteps starts to approach. " Thanks again," I rush past him to the kitchen. The kitchen staff stop what they are doing and stare at me.

" Hey ladies," I wave walk past them. The younger ones giggle watching me while the older fairies tell them to get to work. I walk out the back door onto the castle grounds. " Come on boy," I head to the other end of the forest. Let's see where they took her. I make it to the forest with no one stopping me. The trees stretch for miles with different colors.  The flowers has unique shapes. Bugs and birds fly past, it's still the same. After a few seconds of admiring the forest I headed in the direction the dark haired fairy went. Where could they take her? There's nothing  in the forest but the mountains behind it. Fuck, they could shield her presents from any magic. I pick my pace up, let's hope I'm right before they can move her.

 The fox growls behind," what boy?" I glance behind me to see two men running behind us,fuck this would be the time I don't take my bow and arrow with me. " Come on boy," I run faster. Let's hope the forest hasn't changed like they said. I turn right pushing branches and vines out my way. We should be close to the center where the huge white oak is. We run a few feet before the white oak comes into view. Fairy dust released from my hand, pulling the fox into my arms. The white oake's branches start to move while I run around it. I look behind to see the two men a few feet behind me. The tree starts to bend over and sweeps its branches on the ground. I duck just as one of the branches glides over my head. I run past the white oak tree when I hear a thump. I keep running knowing they'll be caught up in that for a minute. 

After getting a good distance from the white oak, I place the fox down and take a breather. " Shit," I lean against a tree caughting my breath. The fox stands in front," give me a second." I take a few minutes, getting my bearings before pushing off the tree. We're past the white oak which is close to the center of the forest. The mountains are to the north of us. That can be the only place they can keep her without the villagers seeing. I head north at a vigorous pace. The farther north we go I see little shiny specs of fairy dust. The dust swirls back to my hand as we continue to walk. We are on the right path. Along as they haven't moved her. After a few hours, the sun starts to set and the fox starts to pant. " We'll take a break for now," I sit at the trunk of a tree. The fox walks over to me sitting down in front of me.

 I pet his head," where almost there boy. Just hold out." The forest was quiet except for the it's natural sounds. I keep my eyes and ears open as we rest. The fox starts to stir and I become on alert. After a few seconds, I hear running coming from behind us," shit, I thought they wouldn't catch up." I get up and start walking when I see the dark haired maid walking towards me. I'm at a cross fire, I look behind me seeing the two men get closer. I grab the fox and start climbing the tree. I climb to the top and sit on a branch. I place the fox in my lap and cover his mouth. The men stops under the tree breathing hard," where's he at," The shorter of the two looks around. " I don't know.  If we don't find him. Miracle going be on our asses for not keeping people out of the forest," the taller one says.