chapter 44

I keep my eyes peeled as I walk through the streets. People walk up to us offering to sell us things but I keep walking. I ended up finding an empty barn twenty yards from the village. Sebastian helps me off the horse then instantly lets me go. He grabs both horses' reins and pulls them to the side of the barn. After Sebastian ties them up for the night, he pushes open the door. I make a fireball in the palm of my hands and illuminate the barn. It's mostly empty beside the small pile of hay in the center and machinery scattered around. " We should be good for tonight," Sebastian moves farther in. I walk around checking the place out." We should be able to leave at dusk and be back home by nightfall." I nod and walk over to the hay. I kick a little of it to the side and throw my flame on it. Sebastian flops down on the hay and I sit down next to him.

 The barn is quiet besides the noises of the insects and horses. I look over my shoulder at Sebastian laying on his back with his eyes closed. " What is it," he startled me. " What's with the change of mood? You bearly want to touch me let alone speak to me." He opens his eyes and look at me," it's all my fault. If I would have been more worried about what's happening in the castle instead of refusing your help. You getting taken and hurt would have never happened." I crawl through the hay next to him," Sebastian no one knew that Miracle had been setting this up. She tricked everyone and convinced your uncle to work with her." I place my hands on both sides of his face," this is not your fault but we can stop her." 

He looks at me then pulls my face down. Our lips touch, sending sparks all through my body. His lips start to move and I follow his lead. My heart flutters as Sebastian pulls me on top of him. My hand travels down the front of his shirt while his hands move to my waist. I pull back caughting my breath. Sebastian stills holds me," your marking as lighting up." I look down at my arms," yeah," I nod. I try to move off him but Sebastian keeps his grip on my waist firm. I lean forward and rest my head on his shoulder. He wraps his arms around me," go to sleep, fated." My heart does a flip at his words. I close my eyes and let the beating to his heart lull me to sleep. I wake up to a low sound," what the hell." I tire to sit up but Sebastian's arms are still wrapped around me. 

I hear a loud scream," shit," I pull out of Sebastian's hold. I run to the door," what's going on," he says groggy. " I heard a scream," I open the door. The village is in chaos, fairies flying and running around. " What's going on," I set out of the barn. " Nayyirah," Sebastian gets up, following me out of the barn. We both look down the path seeing a male in a black suit running at lightning speed. He grabs a female fair and bites her neck. " Shit, how did they get here," another vampire shows up grabbing a young male fairy. " We gotta go," Sebastian grabs my hand pulling me to the side of the barn. He unties the horses then he hoists me onto Bella. 

Sebastian gets on Blue and we pull them to the front of the barn. The vampires stop and look at us," lets go." We whip the reins and the horses start moving towards the forest. I look behind us and both vampires run in our direction. I whip the reins again making Bella move faster. Sebastian looks back," how are we going to out run them?" I lit a fire ball in my  hand and throw it at the  vampire in the suite. It hit him in the chest knocking him back. The other vampire looks at him then growls, damn I made the other one mad. It runs faster," Nayyirah." I turn to Sebastian, he hands me the reins to Blue. I pull them closer while Sebastian grabs his bow and arrow. He turns around then aims while the Vampire is a few feet from us. Sebastian's fairy dust swirls around his arm and the bow. 

He releases the arrow and the Vampire ducks. Just as the  vampire lunges at us the arrow comes from behind and hits the Vampire in the back. It drops to the ground, I let the reins go and throw a fireball at it. As it starts to turn ash, the vampire in a suite starts running towards us. I try to guide both horses while Sebastian gets his aim together," fuck where did he go?" I look behind us and the vampire is gone. This is bad. He's too fast for us to catch him but not to be able to see when he will attack.That would be fatal to us. " Sebastian, keep your eyes out for him." He turns around and takes the reins from me. We rode for a while without no attack.  My heart rate starts to pick up at any little noise I'm on high alert.

After thirty minutes, we made it to the end of the forest. The road sits a few feet in front of us. I look over at Sebastian as a worried look is displayed on his face. I take the reins from him while he grabs the bow and arrow. We make it to the deserted road. " Where did he go," Sebastian looks up and down the road. " Shit we got to go," he takes the reins and start heading down the road. We ride fast and hard to the castle, killing as many vampires on our way. They made it this far. Did Miracle open the portal and let the vampires in? By  mid-day we make it to the kingdom. The villagers are excited to see the prince. They walk up to him screaming joy. The vampires haven't reached here yet. That'll give us enough to come up with a defense against them. We make it to the castle and the guards help me down. 

" Where's my father," Sebastian asks the guard. " In the throne room with Kenneth," Sebastian grabs my hand and we walk in together. We walk straight to the throne room with all eyes on us. He pushes the door open, King Oisín sits on the throne while Kenneth stands in front of him. They look at us," father we need to talk to you." Kenneth bows at us," I'll let you have this private time. Good to have you back prince." While Kenneth walks away he keeps his eyes on me. I cold chill gets through my body," where's Miracle and Tristan?" King Oisín gets up from the throne," why isn't Nayyirah back at home? What's going on Sebastian?" King Oisín stands a few feet in front of us looking at our intertwined hands.

" Miracle and Tristan has been planning to take over the throne." King Oisín looks at him confuse," what are you talking about son. My brother wouldn't plot against me." Sebastian let's go of my hand and place them on Oisín's shoulders," father listen to me Miracle, Tristan, Kenneth, Duke Julius and Duchess Victoria are working together. They locked Nayyirah in the mountains of the dark forest and last night there were vampire running loses." Oisín looks taking back from the information that is  given to him. A knock on the door interrupts," come in." The door opens, a guard walks in," your majesty there's something you want to see." " What is it?" " You need to see this sir," Oisín pulls out of Sebastian's hold and heads to the door. We follow right behind him down the hall and out the castle. Kenneth along with queen Samaria look down at something. 

A female fairy lays on the ground in front of them. Her skin is a gray color with blood over her clothes. " What is this," Oisín looks at the guards. " I found her a couple feet from the village sir. She was laying on the forest ground. When checked on her," the guard bends down and moves her head to the side. " There are two small puncture wounds on her neck as blood was running out of them." We all look at the two holes on her neck," put up the shield and all guards get  prepared for tonight." King Oisín turns and walks back into the castle," sire, what are we preparing for?" Kenneth falls in step with Oisín," vampires. Start preparing the villagers for hiding and getting the men that are able to fight together." " Yes, sir," Kenneth bows.