chapter 8

Taylor

" I can't wait to have some of mom's cooking," Kaine smiles. I smile looking at him. He's so excited to go back home but I'm a little worried. This is the first time that Nayyiarh is on her own. She's tough but let her emotions get the better of herself.
 " Babe," a gentle touch on my shoulder gets me out of my thoughts.
" Yes," I look over at Kaine.
 " What's on your mind?"
" The mission. Nayyirah being by herself and why would an immortal be in the fairy kingdom?" Kaine holds my hands," Nayyirah is not alone. She has two guards with her. She will contact the council in a few days telling them what's going on. Relax, they will call and tell you what's going on." I nod my head clearing the thoughts out of my head. A few minutes later, we pull into pack territory. 

Kaine navigates us to his house. The car stops in front of a  small two story white and green house. 
" Thanks," we get out  of the back seat and grab our bags. I look around as pack members walk over to us. Our names get shouted in the  streets as more people come out of their homes and stores. Pack members pull us into a hug," the problem child has came back." I turn around as Derek and Eve stand behind me, "hey." I hug them," I didn't think you would come back." I laugh," I can't be selfish since my mate needs his pack."
 " What," Eve's mouth drops open.
 " You couldn't tell," Derek laughs. 
" No, how did you know," she turns to her dad. 

" Come on, you didn't see the way they acted around each other. Kaine was damn near obsessed with her," I laugh. An arm goes around my shoulder sending tingles down my body," what are yall talking about."
 " Why didn't you tell us she was your mate," Eve points her finger at Kaine.
" Slow down sweetie, don't break his neck yet. They just got home," Derek pulls Eve back. Tommy and Susan walk over hugging us," yall are finally back."
" Yeah," Kaine smiles looking around. 
" So how is mate life going," Susan smiles while  Tommy embraces her.
"Y'all knew too," Eve gasps. 
" I think you're the only one that didn't," Derek laughs. Eve pouts looking at us," sorry Eve." I chuckle," I thought we were better than that Taylor." 
" We are girl," I pull her into a hug.

"Break this up, I need to see my son and his new mate," Luna Crystal pushes through the crowd. She and Kaine hug then she hugs me," so good to have yall home."
" It's good to be back,"Kaine smiles. Alpha James hugs us next," you good?"He looks at me," yes, a little overwhelmed from the greeting that we got." 
" What else can we say to the woman that saved her people," he laughs. I shrug, not knowing what to say.
 " Let them get settled in. Dinner will be served at seven. Be there," Luna Crystal points at us.
" We will," Kaine laughs. Everyone walks away and we pick our bags off the ground. We walk to the front door," home,"Kaine smiles.

We stop at the front door as Kaine pulls his key out unlocking the door. I feel someone staring a hole in the back of my head. I turn around glancing behind me at Maya leaning against a tree across the street. We stare at each other," babe come on." I look one more time at Maya before going into the house.
" I know it's kind of bare in here, but you can decorate however you want." Kaine closes the door behind me, I look around. A huge flat screen sits in the living room with a black couch and table. His game system sits on the TV stand.
 " The kitchen is this way," he grabs my hand leading me down the hall. The kitchen is small with black appliances and a small table and two chairs. A window over the sink showing the backyard.

" There's our bedroom upstairs and I use the other one as my office.
" He takes my hand leading me up the stairs. He opens the first door which is the bathroom then the office door is open. The desk sits in the middle of the room with a computer and pictures. Besides that desk and chair the room sits empty. 
" The bedroom is down here," he pulls me out of  the room and down the hall. Kaine opens the door to a grey and white, curtains, rug and cover. A king size bed sits in the middle of the room with the dresser across from it. A flat screen TV hangs above the dresser. I walk in the room inspecting the room," so what do you think?" 

Kaine stands in the doorway staring at me," I guess this will have to do for now." I shrug, he laughs walking over to me. He grabs my hands pulling me to his chest.
 " Well you're stuck with me to the end of time. So you better get used to this," he tilts his head down  kissing my lips. Kaine dominates the kiss pulling me closer," babe I can do this forever." He put his forehead on mine," we can't since your mom expects us at dinner."
" We can tell that you're not feeling well," he kisses down the side of my face to my neck. 
" And have her come over here checking on me. No, we will make this dinner," I pull out of his hold. Kaine smacks his teeth," fine. We can at least cuddle before leaving."
" Yeah," I kick my shoes off before getting in bed. Kaine grabs the remote then gets in bed. He pulls me close to him while he flips through the channels. 

I place my hand on his chest feeling the tingles vibrate through my body.Is this how it's going to be for us? The always wanting to be around him and the constant touching. Being with a pack. Can I be a Luna to them? 
" Babe," I jump out of my thoughts.
 " Yes," I look up as Kaine stares down at me. 
" What are you thinking about? I called your name twice."
" Just thinking am I ready to be part of a pack then eventually becoming a luna." Kaine pulls me closer, resting his chin on top of my head," you are going to be a great luna. Just from the way you protected the girls. Show that you will fight to the end," he kisses the top of my head. "Now what movie you want to watch,"I look at the screen.
 " Something funny," he clicks the remote across the screen. 

" I got something for you," he clicks on the movie fast. For the next couple of hours, we watch movies until Kaines stomach growls.
" It's too early to go to your mom's. You got something down stairs?" 
" No, come on let's go shopping," he gets out of bed. I slide to the edge of the bed putting on my shoes. I follow him out of the bedroom," we should be able to put the food up before we go to dinner." We walk out of the house into his car in the driveway. Kaine pulls off while I turn the radio on. I sing along to H.E.R.," you know you have a beautiful voice." I laugh,"I think that's the mate bond saying that." 
" No, I'm serious. It's beautiful," my cheeks heat up. 
" Thank you," we park in the pack's grocery store. We get out and I grab a cart. We walk into the store with people stopping us in every aisle. 

" We're going to need to split up to get the shopping done." Kaine nods his head," I'll go to the freezer aisle."
 " Okay," I push the cart to the next aisle. I check the shelves grabbing rice and mashed potatoes when someone stops next to my cart. I look up," Maya." 
" Taylor," she walks closer to me.
" You need to go back to the council. You're not wanted here and Kaine is not your true mate."
 "How would you know that," I cross my arms.
" He's mine, I don't know what you did to him but I'll make sure he knows I'm his true mate." 
" You can try but I don't think that's going to work." I grab a couple boxes of rice and mashed potatoes and throw them in the cart," have a good night Maya." I walk past her out of the aisle.