chapter 49

A noise from behind breaks our moment. Ashley pulls her sword out and fire appears  at the tip of my finger tips. I turn behind me as Sam pushes a big wave towards  three vampires, knocking them into trees. Ryan and the talkative vampire are fighting. Noah is fighting with two vampires  a few feet from us. We look at each other then split up, she goes help Sam while I go over to Noah. He swings his blade staff while the two vampires circle around him. I throw a fireball hitting the closest one in the back. She gets engulfed in flames while Noah swings his staff, cutting the head off the other one. I look around seeing just a few vampires left fighting. " You okay," Noah walks over to me. " Yeah," Ryan is still having his one on one fight while Sam and Ashley are fighting three. The few vampires still standing look at us then run away leaving  Ryan  the only one fighting. 

We surround Ryan and the last fighting vampire. After a few seconds of us standing, Ryan finally noticed," it looks like your men ran away," he laughs. The vampire looks around, for a second he makes a worried face before putting on his poker face. " They weren't strong enough to fight. Cowards," he says. " Since you're outnumbered, five to one. You mine as well tells us why you are in the fairy realm." " What's the fun in just telling you." " Okay," Ryan rolls his shoulder, moving  a few steps closer to the vampire. The fighting starts instantaneously, kicks and punches are thrown from both sides but after ten minutes Ryan has him down.

Ryan had the vampire in a headlock," tell us what's going on." The vampire struggles in his hold for a few seconds before stopping," are you ready to talk?" Ryan takes his arms and  starts to twist the vampire's neck in an unnatural angle. " We were told to come here and destroy everything in our path." Ryan twists his neck some more," that's all we were told. The only person that knows what's going on is  Kyle." " Where is Kyle?" The vampire looks at us," he's two towns over with a small group of fairies." Ryan snaps the vampire's neck and walks away. " We need to get out of  here." " Help," a kid's voice yells. " Roger," we all run in the direction of his voice. We make it to him in a few minutes, Roger is flapping his wings but a female vampire has his foot. " Let me go," he tries to wiggle out of her hold.

 She laughs, pulling him closer to her," you are going to taste so good." Noah steps in front of us, a bow and arrow appears in his hands. He pulls the arrow back and releases it, hitting the vampire in the chest. She releases Roger and turns to us and hiss. She takes a few seconds to survey us  before she flees. Sam and Ashley rush after her," let her go. We got other things to worry about," Noah says. I run over to Roger," you okay." He's sitting on a branch," its okay. The vampires are gone." He looks around for a few seconds before flying down. I check him for injuries, " you're not hurt. Just a bruise around your ankle." " Good, let's get out of here before they send another group of vampires," Ryan says. 

We all walk back to the castle in silence. By the time we make it out of the forest the sun is sitting high in the sky. " What are we going to do," Noah looks at me. " We need to talk to Sebastian," I lead the way back to  the castle. Guards are picking the dead bodies off the ground while the other fairies cry over their loved ones. I had to look away a few times to keep from crying. We walk across the bridge and into the castle," they must be busy getting the bodies to not have no one at the door." I look over at Ryan," let's find Sebastian." Fairies cramp the hallway bleeding and injured," I'm going to stay and help." Ashley moves to the mother holding her child. We continue down the hallway stopping a guard," where Sebastian?" " In the council room with the higher ups," he walks around us." Where is that at?"

 " Next to the sitting room," he yells over his shoulder. I navigate ourselves through the halls, moans and groans fill the halls of the injured. We make it to the sitting room and walk over to the next  door. The door is  cracked open,''Prince Sebastian, this matter is not up to you. I will be in charge until your father is well enough to rule again."  A long wooden table sits in the middle of the room. Sebastian and Kenneth stand that the head of the table while the other four men stand around the table " Kenneth, I'm not a kid needing  guidance anymore. I'm the next ruler that is willing to fight and die with my people. So unless you will do the same then set aside." 

The room goes silent," we don't need a ruler to sit here and only think about their safety when we're in an all out war." Sebastian turns to the other men in the room," as of immediately I am taking  over the throne. Are there any objections?" He glances around at the others," good." No one objects. "What's going on," Ryan whispers in my ear, making me fall into the door. I caught myself on the handle as everyone in the room look at me," hey." I stand up while they walk in the room behind me. " You're alright," Sebastian runs over to me and pulls me into a tight hug. We embrace for a couple of seconds before someone clears their throat," we'll talk after this meeting," he whispers. " You highness, what are we to do with her," an buff older fairy asked.

 " She is here as our guest but also as one of the targets of the vampires," the fairies in the room look at each other. Sebastian grabs my hand and pulls me to the head of the table," what, we need a plan to fight the vampires when night time comes." He pulls a chair out for me and I sit," does anyone have any suggestions?" Sebastian sits at the head of the table looking at each fairy in the room. " Do you mind if I speak," Noah asks. " No, what is it you have to say?" " We got some information that a man named Kyle is running these vampires and they are two towns over." " The fucking Duke is involved in this," one of the fairies say. " You don't know if that  is true. They could be saying that so that we could not think they're involved in this," Kenneth says. 

" What portal did they use Kenneth," Sebastian turns to him. Kenneth opened and closed his mouth," the traitor that we banished years ago. He could have easily let the vampires through." " Mr. B won't work with them blood suckers if his life depended on it," Roger says. " Who brought this kid in here? Spewing nonsense," Kenneth waves his hands. " He works for Brandon, the exiled fairy, guiding us to the castle," Ryan says. " As you can see they were brought here by that fairy. He could have also brought the vampires." " Kenneth enough," Sebastian says. The room goes quiet," we need a plan to fight the vampires when night time comes. Right now is about our battle strategy and protecting our people." Sebastian looks at everyone in the room," someone needs to assess how many warriors we have left and villagers that are able to fight. We need to gather all our weapons and fairy dust.

 Lastly we need all the women, children and the injured to escape through the tunnels." Every word that Sebastian said gave me goosebumps. He was born into this role, taking charge and thinking of others. The older fairy stands up," I'll gather the weapons and fairy dust." " The rest if us will help aid the nurses and getting people through the tunnel." Sebastian nods," good, we will all meet back here at four and discuss strategy." Everyone stands and proceeds to leave," you can't be serious about this?" Kenneth rushes to the door," we need to lock her up, her men and hand her off." " That's very cowardly of you Kenneth," Sebastian steps in front of him. " If you don't like what's going on then your services for my family have been finished. Have a good day." Sebastian holds his hand out for me and I walk across the room and grab it.