chapter 55

Sebastian 

" Princess," I turn behind me, Nayyirah's laying in the mope. My heart squeezed at the sight of my mate before I registered that I'm being blown back by a strong force. I break through the tree," Sebastian, you can't afford to be distracted." Miracle walks over to me with Tristan behind her. " Fuck," pain radiates from my back. I pull myself out of the tree, I stand up looking directly at the two. " Then make this a challenge," I gather all my fairy dust and blow it their way. Tristan pushes Miracle out the way, taking the hit flying across the battlefield. Miracle stands up wiping the dirt off her dress," I'll give the fight of your life tonight." She rushes towards me, fairy dust releases from both of  her hands. 

A sword appears in the right one and a  goblin appears on her left side holding a spear. I release my dust making a sword. The goblin reaches me first swinging  the spear. I block  his hit when Miracle cuts my leg. "Fuck," I buckle getting stabbed in the stomach with the spear. I grit my teeth, picking the sword up and cutting the goblin's head off. He starts to fade away into fairy dust. The fairy dust from the spears fuses with my body, stopping the bleeding. Miracle holds the sword above her head and swings it down at me. I roll across the grass and the sword hit the ground. I get up, keeping my eyes on her," you're not going to take this from me." She pulls the sword out of the ground and stalks over to me.

" I've been planning this before you were born. I'm going to rule all of the fairy realm even if I got to kill  every last fairy in the realm." Anger starts to build in my chest thinking about all the hurt and dead fairies from last night. As Miracle charges at me, I pick my sword up and we swing at the same time clashing our swords. We are at a stand still with our strength evenly matched, her pushing towards me and me pushing back. " It seems like the immortal girl for yours might be out for the count." I glance over to the mope to see Ashley fighting next to Nayyirah's body. "Ahh," Miracle pushes all her strength, knocking me down. I block her hit then kick her legs making her fall. I rush getting off the ground then start swinging at her. My sword cuts through her right arm then her leg. Her wings start to flap, picking her up off the ground. 

Miracle smiles at me then flies towards the mope. " No," my wings flap full speed carrying me to Miracle. I grab her leg, throwing her behind me. I look behind as Miracle steadies herself, she throws a blast at me. Fuck, I swing the sword cutting through the blast. Miracle is seconds from me, I let off a series of blasts. Smoke fills the sky, I look around  trying to keep my eyes open. I fly higher in the sky to get a better view, when I see Miracle falling to the ground. She hits the ground with a big thump. Everyone stops fighting and looks over at her. I fly over to her, staying  a few feet  above her. Miracle struggles to breathe, wheezing as blood comes from her mouth. I lower myself next to her and watch as she struggles to take in air.

I pick my sword up and push it through her chest," let's hope the fairies have mercy on you." " Sebastian," I look over at the mope as Tristan holds  Nayyirah by her neck off the ground. Ashley is surrounded by vampires, trying to fight her way through to Nayyirah. My heart stopped beating, I couldn't move or think. " The golden boy," he laughs. " What is everyone going to say after I take the throne from you?" I force myself to breathe," they'll say that you were never fit to rule while I show us a new future but first I gotta get rid of this pest." Tristan holds a small blade in his hand," say goodbye, nephew." He goes to stab the blade into Nayyirah's chest," no." Fairy dust leaves my body, reaching over the grass knocking everyone and everything in its path down. Move! Move Sebastian. Save our mate. 

My wings start flapping carrying over the mope. In a blink of an eye I'm next to Tristan. His face turns to shock seeing me before he could react, I hit him in the stomach. Tristan doubles over,  loosening his grip in Nayyirah. I caught Nayyirah then fly away in time before the dust could hit us. I look down at the destruction, fairies, vampires and immortals are scattered around the ground. A sound comes from my arms, I move my eyes to Nayyirah, her breathing becomes shaky. Blood seeps from her wound, fuck I need to stop the bleeding.  Below us people  start to move, please let Ashley not be hurt. I fly down to the mope, hovering over the water, " Ashley." 

 I scan the mope before flying down to the ground. I set Nayyirah down then take off my tattered shirt. I rip it into pieces to cover the cut on her torso. The shirt soaks up the blood, now her breathing. I bend over placing my lips on Nayyirah's, I close my eyes willing that she'll get better. I hear a sigh, I pull back and open my eyes as fairy dust surround us. I look at the steady moment of Nayyirah's chest, thank the fairies. " Sebastian," I turn around to Tristan pulling himself out of the mope. He stands on a stone in wet clothes," this fight is not over." I look around me as vampires start to move our way, shit. I grab Nayyirah about to shoot into the sky when something speed in front of us then a huge wave comes from the mope knocking the vampires into the forest. Ryan turns to us," how is she?" 

" She's stable for now but we need to move her somewhere." " Sebastian," Tristan says in a sing-song voice. He holds Ashley by her hair in his right hand and her sword in his left. Ryan takes Nayyirah from my arms," we'll take her to a safe place." I nod then turn my attention to Tristan," Uncle let the girl go." I slowly walk to him while Ryan and the other run into the forest. He laughs," Bash, that can only happen when you give me the power of the old fairies." As I continue to walk towards him a figure in the water moves. " Uncle, this isn't you talking, this is Miracle. She put this in your head." Tristan full belly laugh," my dear nephew," he wipes the corner of his eyes.

" I was the first born. The throne should have been mine but my father chose Oisín. My brother has been a pain in my ass since the day he was born." A figure in the water starts to slowly break through the water," what about Miracle? She was your mate." " That backstabbing fairy, we were supposed to rule together but her selfish ass wanted to be the sole ruler. Mate, Miracle could never be my mate. She put me under a spell to be compliant to her. She works with any one with power." Sam stands behind Tristan, we make eye contact, the water slowly starts to rise up. " Uncle, you need to stop this madness. It's killing innocent fairies and destroying the fairy realm." The water starts to reach Tristan ankles," give me the power and all this will go away. No more vampires, killing and everything will go back to normal." 

The water is now about to reach his knee," okay, just let her go."  I walk the few feet that separate us, I stand on a stone a few inches above water. I reach my hand out," let her go." He looked at me for a few minutes before he released her hair. She runs out the water onto land, I push the power out of my chest and down my arm to my hand. Just as Tristan is about to grab my hand, he gets pulled into the water. He tries to flap his wings but the whorl of the water is quickly pulling him down until he's under the water. I stand on the stone watching as he tries to break through the water but he eventually stops moving. Sam walks across the water past me to Ashley. He bends down next to her, Tristan's body floats to the top of the water. I take one more look at him before stepping down off the stone. " We need to find the others," they get up and we head into the forest.