chapter 21

I go down the hall to my room, they must have had the stone sent here.  I walk in my room and sit on the bed looking at the stone. Who put the enchantment on the stone? I lean back, I can easily spot Tristan's magic but this magic is too weak. It could be Miracle's, but having Tristan as mate then her magic would be equal to his.  A knock on the door startles me," Sebastian." I shove the stone in my pocket," yes." The door opens, Tristan walks in with a tray with small cakes, cup and teapot.
 " I brought you some treats to help you feel better," he places the tray on the bed.
" Thanks," if he wants me to forget he most likely put the potion in the tea so I can't taste it.

 " One of the maids went to the bakery and brought these back," he grabs a cake. I inspect the cakes before picking up a small chocolate one.
" Mmhh, this is good. I'm going to need some for the road." I take a small bite of the cake. I chew it slowly as Tristan watches me. 
" We'll be leaving in a few hours," I nod my head while still chewing. When the door closes I run to the bathroom spitting out the cake. I rinse my mouth, he thinks I was going to fall for that. I dump the tea down the sink and the cakes down the toilet. I strip out my clothes before getting in the shower. I let the water pour down on me, Miracle, Tristan and Kenneth are all working together. What do they each want?

Only one can be king. So who would that be? Kenneth or Tristan. It all depends on who Miracle can benefit from the most. She's the one behind all this. Tristan started to change after mating with her. He went from a cool lay back uncle to very judgemental and withdrawn from us. I shake those thoughts out of my head and finish washing up.  I get out of the shower wrapping the towel around my waist. I grab my clothes off the floor then walk into the bedroom. Miracle sits on the corner of the bed," what are you doing in here?" I walk across the room putting my clothes on the dresser.
 " I know you're too smart for Tristan's old trick. I came here to speak to you." I turn around leaning on the dresser," talk then." 

She chuckles," I know that you think that we are the cause of what happened last night but we are not." I fold my arms across my chest," you could have fooled me. Your blatantly dislike of Nayyirah."
 " It's nothing personal, I just dont think she should be here," Miracle shrugs. 
" Then make sure we can contact the immortal council to send her home." 
" That's what I'm here to do,Sebastian. No matter what you think my priority is to get her home." 
" Good, we're in agreement. Now you can leave." She slowly stands up and looks at me before leaving my room. Want her to go home, my ass. I quickly change into a short sleeve shirt and pants.

I pack the rest of my stuff up in my bags when I see the note from mom. I don't trust what Miracle said. Nayyirah needs all the protection she can get.  I grab the ring out of the envelope and head to the room that Nayyirah is occupying. I stand outside the door," what are we going to do with a target on us."
 " I don't know Noah, but we need to stay vigilant. Since the princess is hurt." 
" Yeah, we need to protect her with our lives." I knock on the door and a few seconds later the door opens. The black guard stands in the doorway," how can I help, Prince Sebastian?"
 " I want to talk to Nayyirah before we leave."
" She's in the bathroom changing. You might want to come back later."
" It's alright. I'll just wait out here.

" I lean against the wall," I'll get you when she gets out," he closes the door. I pull the ring out of my pocket and stare at it. I won't be able to take it if she gets hurt again. My chest tightens at the thought of Nayyirah getting hurt again. I might not be there next time. She needs to wear this for extra protection. I roll the ring between my fingers. I watch as the royal guards walk up and down the hall. 
" Prince Sebastian," a guard bows in front of me. 
" Yes," I wrap my hand around the ring. 
" We're preparing to get back on the road. Do you want me to grab your bags?"
" Yes please. Also grab the fox. Let him walk around for a while before putting him in the carriage." 
" Yes, sir," he says before going down the hall.

A few minutes later, the door opens," she's ready to see you." The same guard from earlier holds the door open. I walk as Nayyirah sits on the edge of the bed in a white shirt and a pair of pants. 
" What did you want to talk about?" I lick my lips looking at her from head to toe, the fairies know I couldn't resist her. 
" My mom sent me a  protection ring. I would like you to have it," I hold the ring out to her. Nayyirah looks at it for a few seconds, " she put a protection spell on it?" I hold my breath waiting for her answer. She holds her hand out between us. I slowly put the ring on her ring finger as tingles move up my fingers.

 I let go of her hand after securing the ring on her finger.
" I hope this give you more protection while we're in the road."
 " Yeah," she looks at her hand.
" They're loading the  carriages now. Need any help," look around seeing  that their bags are ready. 
" Yeah you can help the princess," the blond hair one says. The guards grab the bags," I need  help putting my shoes on," Nayyirah says in a very shy voice. I look down grabbing a pair of white shoes. I get down on my right knee picking up a shoe. I gently grab her right foot putting in the shoe then tie the laces. I do the same to the other foot," I would never imagine you on your knees. Especially not for this." I chuckle," sometimes there's more important things and people besides my pride," I look into her eyes.

Her breath hitch then someone clears their throat. I stand up wrapping my arm around her waist. I slowly pick her off the bed. She grunts when she stands on her feet," you okay?" 
" Yeah, the wound is still tender. That's all."  I wrap my arm around her waist and we slowly walk out the room. 
" Yall can walk in front of us. It's going to take a while for me to get down the stairs." The two guards hesitate for a few seconds before they walk past us down the hall. We walk down the hall, guards and maids offered help as they pass by us  but Nayyirah declined. 
" This is such a sweet site," we turn around to Miracle and Tristan standing behind us." The fairy prince helping the immortal princess," they walk over to us.

 " Do you need any help," Tristan stands on Nayyirah's open side. " No thank you," she smiles. He moves back letting us walk down the stairs first. I tighten my hold around her waist carrying most of her weight. I quickly take us down the stairs," she must be light as a feather." I laugh, setting her down gently at the bottom of the stairs.
 " That's a beautiful ring. Where did you get it from," Miracle takes a closer look at the ring. 
" This thing," Nayyirah, moves it closer to her looking at it.
"My friend gave it to me before coming here."
" Well you're a lucky girl for having that kind of friend," she walks past us going out the door. 
" Do you think she knows," Nayyirah ask. 
" She might," I wrap my arm around her.