chapter 39

Taylor

The Vampire King working with fairies and immortals. This is bad, I look around the room seeing the scared looking in everyone's face. " What else do you know?" The fairy turns to me,"  Miracle is planning to take the throne from King Oisín." Fuck this is getting worse the more she tells. I look over to Grace and her face shows pure horror. " For now you'll stay here until we reach a final verdict on what to do with you." " If I'm not there to meet the Vampire King they'll kill my family." She runs over to me and grabs my arm. Everyone around us get ready to attack her," we'll help you as much as we can.'' '' Thank you," she releases me. We walk out locking the door behind us," what are we going to do?" Daphne moves next to me," we need to send our men back there and rescue Nayyirah, but how are we going to do that?" 

" I know a fairy in the French quarters. He might get a couple men to the fairy realm for a price." We continue walking to Daphne's office," I want to go." All heads turn to Niome as all footsteps stop leaving the hallway silent. " Niome, you can't leave. We already have to find Nayyirah. Especially with war about to start. I need to make sure that you're safe." " I need to find my sister," tears start to fall down her face. I nod dismissing everyone. I walk over to her and pull her into a hug. " I know that you want to find Nay and make sure she's safe. But I can't risk them taking you as well." She wraps her arms around me," I'll make sure that they bring Nay back."

She looks up at me," promise." " I promise," I pull her in a tight hug and kiss the top of her forehead. I let her go," lets go calm down," Grace grabs Niome's hand and pull to the opposite direction of Daphne's office. Fuck, what am I supposed to do with all this. I need an army to defeat them. I walk in the office with a  worried face from the council. " We need to rally up all the immortals for this fight," Fred tells us. " We don't know who's working with Charles or not. We need allies that we trust." Daphne turns to me," what do you think ultimate power?" Everyone turns to me," we need to send our men to the fairy realm so they can secure Nayyirah." " Who is this person that can get us to the fairy realm," Dean asks. " He's an exiled fairy that has a portal. 

He smuggles things in and out of the fairy realm." " He'll help us?" I look over at Holly," it will cost a price and it won't be cheap." She nods her head," we will pay anything." " Kain is informing his father about what's happening on our part. So will have the moonlight pack but someone need to get in contact with Devon." " I'll do that," Fred gets up and walks out of the office. " I'll go with you to meet this fairy," Daphne says. "Get a car ready. We need to be there before morning." I walk out of the office and pull my phone out calling Kaine. It rings a few times before he answers," hey baby, you okay?" " Yeah, we just got some disturbing news." I walk up the stairs," Charles was working with Nicole before Nayyirah killed her." " Shit he's working with immortals." 

" Yeah, he's also working with fairies as well." " Damn, babe. What are we going to do?" I walk into my room," can you see how many men your dad can give  us. The council is going to get in contact with Devin while me and Daphne go talk to Brandon, '' I put my phone on speaker while I go through my suitcase. " Who's Brandon," I pull out a leather jacket." He's a fairy that has a portal. We're gonna send a few men back to the fairy realm  to get Nayyirah." " Okay, just be safe out there." " I will, I'll call you when I get back."  "Okay, I love you."  My heart tightens," I love you too." I hang up and grab everything I need before leaving the room. I go to Niome's room and knock on the door. The door opens, " I just got her to calm down." Grace walks out the room closing the door," I'm leaving to meet the fairy in the French quarters." " Be safe," Grace looks at me." I will. Keep her safe." 

Grace nods before going back into the bedroom room. I go downstairs going straight to Daphne's office. She sits behind her desk with a jacket on. " They volunteered to go," Daphne points to the men in the room. The first two are Ryan and Noah. The other two are a small woman and the other is a bulky man," thank  you for taking this mission on. Your goal is to rescue  Princess Nayyirah and take her to safety. Get her to the fairy Kingdom and back home." " We understand ma'am," Noah says. Daphne grabs a black and gold case off her desk," lets go." We walk out of the castle into cars. Daphne, me and Ryan in one car while Noah and the other in the other. " What's in the case?"

" Our badgering chip." " It better be something worth wild. He doesn't take nothing of low value." " He won't be able to find anything that's more valuable than this." I nod my head then get on my phone. I text anyone that can help during the drive. The car stops at the entrance of the French quarters," stay with the car," I tell the driver. We get out of the car walk walk through the crowded streets. After twenty minutes,  we make it to the end of the French quarters where less people go to the Mississippi River. " Taylor, where is he," Daphne whispers to me. I stop in front of a tree then look around before knocking two times then placing my hands on the bark. A cloud of fairy dust comes from behind the tree surrounding us. It picks us off the ground," what the fuck." After a few seconds, our feet is placed back on the ground and the fairy dust disappears. 

" Where are we," Ryan looks around."Inside the tree," wood surrounds us. I walk down the hall to Brandon's office. The door sits open with him behind the desk. His darker green  head down, looking at some paper," what can I do you for?" He picks his head up and eyes shine bright when he sees me. " Taylor, it's been a while. Or must I say ultimate power," he chuckles." I knew you were going to be a threat to Imani since the day you were born." " You was right about that," I set closer to his desk. " We need your help." He leans forward," I need you to send them to the fairy realm." I looks behind me," that a lot of fairy dust. Which means I need a good reward for that." 

Daphne walks over placing the case on the desk and opening it. A huge sapphire diamond sits in the case. Brandon looks at us," where do you want me to take them?" " Not so fast," Daphne closes the case. " you'll have someone escort them around the fairy realm." Brandon looks at her then the box," I'll see who I can find." His wings peek up and start flapping. He flies out the room," that was a good way to get more help out of him." Daphne nods," we can't afford losing time and them getting lost." I nod leaning on the desk when my phone beeps. I pull it out seeing a text from Kaine. I open and read it quickly. " Kaine's pack is able to send over their special team and half their fighters." " That's good. Now we're only waiting to hear back from Devin." I put my phone back in my pocket," let's hope he can give us more." We need all the advantage we need. Charles always had a trick up his sleeve when he wanted something. 

 Brandon comes back in with a young boy behind him with indigo hair color," this is Roger, he know the fairy realm like the back if his hand." " Good," Daphne picks up the case and walks over to Brandon. She place the case in his hand," if they don't find what I'm looking for. I'll be making a visit very soon to see you." Her arms start to light up," that won't be a problem. Roger will make sure of that." He chuckles," good, let's go to your portal." He leads us out of the office down the hall into another room. On a table in the center of the room sits a round stone," you ready." I look over at warriors," we ready." " Ladies come over here with me," we move out the way. Brandon release his fairy dust and it goes to the stone," where to?" " The dark forest," Daphne says. A purple line appears then in a few seconds morphed into a purple circle. Roger walk in first then Ryan and Noah. The last two looks skeptical at first but follow. After they all walk through the portal disappears.