chapter 25

Sebastian 

Where did all this rain come from?  I look out the window as it pours hard. The fox curls up to me as thunder  cracks through the sky. This is going to take us longer to get to Julius and Victoria's castle. I look out the window behind me and see that  Nayyirah's carriage is barely visible. We might have to stop in a small town and wait this rain out.The wind starts to blow hard almost tipping the carriage. I hang on to the seat as the carriage rocks. 
" Prince Sebastian," one of the guards yell over the howling winds. I make my way to the window in front," yes."
 " We can't see  anything. We need to take shelter." 
" Can  you see any of the carriages?" 
" No sir, we're blind as bats out here." Fuck, this is bad.

 Nayyirah might get attached while we're at a stand still. 
'' Pullover under a tree. We need to keep an eye out for the other carriages."
 " Yes sir," the carriage ventures  to the right. I open the door," get in here." The guards rush inside the carriage," thank you sir." They sit on the opposite bench shivering. I nod my head and pull the curtains back on the window between the benches. I keep my eyes trained on that spot waiting to see the other carriages. As time passes the rain steadily falls and the guards' clothes dry. I gotta do something. They should have rode past  by now. 
" I'm going down the road and see if I can spot the other carriage."
 " Prince Sebastian, I don't think that's a good idea. It's raining and you may get lost." 

" I'll be fine. Just stay here and I'll be back. Make sure the fox doesn't follow me." I open the door and let my fairy dust go. It makes an umbrella shape over my head  as I step out of the carriage.  The rain drops down around me. I walk in the middle of the road looking up, Miracle and Tristan must have kept driving.  I walk quickly down the road avoiding puddles as I go. Lighting and thunder continues as I walk farther down the road. Did they stop or did something happen to the carriage? I pick my pace up while I go  down the road not caring if I ran into any puddles. After a couple more minutes, I spot the carriage tipped over. I go over to it looking through the windows. No one here. Where did they go? I look around when I hear a faint noise of someone groaning. I  follow the sound into the forest. 

 I push my through the first," shit." One of the guards leaned against a tree with his hand on his stomach. I crouched down to him," what happened?" 
" The carriage flipped over on the road. It felt like something rammed into it. We go help get the Princess out when a black shadow appears on the road." Fuck, I knew that immortal was going to do something.
 " We used our fairy magic to stop it but it did nothing. We run into the forest when I get hit and Dan." The look on the guard's face, let me know that Dan had a horrible ending. I nod my head," which way did they go." The guard points to the left," thanks."  I move the  shield from over me to him," I'll be back for you."
 " Yes sir," he nods. I run in the direction he pointed. 

The rain and wind makes it hard to see in front of me. I jump over logs and broken trees when a spear comes my way. I jump out the way following on the ground. 
" Fuck, where did that come from?" I push myself slowly into a crouching position. I look around when another one comes from in front of me. They must be fighting the immortal. I run in that direction for a minute until I come to a small clearing. The immortal stands in the middle of the clearing with Nayyirah  and her guards surrounding her. The blonde hair one charges at the immortal but she changes into a dark shadow. He passes  through her stumbling into the ground. I slowly walk into the clearing not trying to draw attention to me.

 The dark haired guard holds his hand out and a long sword appears in his hand. He circles the shadow, that's not going to hit it. What is he doing? I stilled my movements to watch what happens. The dark hair guard moves closer to the shadow swinging his sword.
 " You can't hurt me with that," it laughs.
 " No, but I can," Nayyirah stands behind him, turning into a shadow. The immortal turns around and Nayyirah punches her in the face causing her to stumble back. 
" You insolent child. I'll have fun killing you then bringing down Taylor." The immortal runs to Nayyirah throwing hits. Connecting one in Nayyirah's face then stomach. I move closer to the fight," stop."

The blonde guard stands next to me," why? Nayyirah can handle her." 
 "She could be hurt further."
 " In that form no one can hurt them but another spirit. You're gonna have to watch this play out. Nayyirah is a tough girl." I look at him then turn to the fight," you sure this is the best thing?"
 " Yeah, just have faith in her." They throw blow for blow at each other. Bruises  and cuts litter their faces. They stand a few feet apart breathing hard," you mine as well give up kid. You can't hold this form for long." Nayyirah's physical form would come and go for the last couple of minutes.
 " That's fine. I should be able to kill you before it's all gone."
 " Let's see little girl," she runs a couple of feet to Nayyirah. 

Nayyirah closes her eyes and these markings in her arm and hand light up.A huge explosion of fire comes from her. The fire forms a circle around them," what's happening?" The fire circles around blocking our view of them.
" We don't know. This wasn't in the report about her powers," the other guard runs over to us. The blaze from the fire makes the air around us muggy. A loud female scream is heard from the flames. 
" We gotta see what's going on," I step forward.
 " No," they grab me and pull me back.
" You fucking crazy. That fire will kill you even if you're not touching it."
" We have to see if she's hurt," I push through them. I walk towards the flames, how do I make an opening?

I stand a few inches from the flames. The heat radiating from the flames makes the rain disappear. Sweat rolls down my face, let's hope this works. I stretch my hands in front of me as my fairy dust wraps around my  hands. I reach into the flames gripping the fire. I grit my teeth as my fairy dust burns away. I use my strength pulling the flame apart. More. I need more strength. I use all my strength and add more fairy dust around my hands as I open the flames. A small circle starts to appear giving me a view of a small fire on the ground. 
" Nayyirah," I yank the flames open and walk through the open. 

Nayyirah stands across from the smaller flame. 
" Nayyirah," I run over to her. Her eyes light up like her marking, what's going on? 
" Nayyirah," I reach out and touch her shoulder. She doesn't move," is she in a coma state or something?" I stand in front of her placing both my hands on her face. I need to get out of this. I move my face closer to hers and softly place my lips on hers. A zip of electricity goes through my body. A small movement from her lips causes more electricity between us. Fairy dust spins around us. She grips my shirts as the kiss gets more intense. Our lips pull apart and the fairy dust disappears along with the flames.
" Wow." Nayyirah looks up at me. 
" Yeah," I stare in her eyes.