chapter 30

I take the soap and start washing up. I know that Miracle wants power but this is your mate's family. Won't she hurt him by hurting them? Tristan and the king seem pretty close. I finished washing up when I heard something fall. I turn the water off and pull the shower curtain back. I wrap the towel around me then hurry into the bedroom seeing nobody. I must become paranoid. I dry off then put on clean underwear and a bra. I need to wash clothes. I go through the rest of my clothes and put on an off the shoulder shirt with some blue jeans and sandals. I move to the tiny mirror over the dresser and up my hair in a bun. Guess this will be the look today. 

I take one final look in the mirror before putting the rest of my clothes back in my bags. A knock comes from the door," yes." I walk to the door," Princess it's us Ryan and Noah." I open the door to the both of them in a white v neck shirt and black pants. " I see that it's a casual dinner for us," I smile. They smile back and I step  out of the bedroom into the hall. " Let's hurry up and get dinner over with so we can go home in the morning." I nod my head as we start walking down the hall. The hall is empty of any maids or other staff," it seems that dinner time is rather busy around here," Noah suggests. " Or it could be that the prince of the fairy kingdom is here and they are trying to impress him." 

" That could be it as well," we make it to the landing when a young maid runs up the stairs. She stops in front of us, bowing her head," sorry that I'm late fetching you for dinner." I grind my teeth  as she says fetching, what are we, dogs,? " It's fine, we were a little cooped up in our room," Noah steps forward. The maid nods and we all descend down the stairs. We turn right from the stairs going down another hall. The hall is lined with family paintings and paintings of the town. The hall leads straight to the dining room.  A huge chandelier hangs over the table with windows from ceiling to floor across from the table. A long table takes up the center of the room with red and gold cloth covering it. 

The duke and duchess sit at the head of the table sipping from their golden cups. Violet sits across from her mother, wearing a low cut dress in the front. She's just making herself look desperate. The duchess stands," please have a seat." " Thank you," we sit a few chairs down from them. A small fairy flies over us pouring the purple mixture in our cups," thanks."  Noah and Ryan take a sip first, I wait for them to nod their head before I do. " Princess Nayyirah, what kind of clothing do you have on? I never seen anything like that," Violet points at me. I set the cup down," it's just a regular shirt and pants that I have on, nothing fancy."

" I'm assuming that you don't dress up fancy for dinner in your realm," Violet looks at me innocently. I smile," no, when we're with family we usually try to wear comfortable clothes." " Oh wow that sounds different," a glint in her eye. " I'm sure that Nayyirah can wear what she desires after killing a threat to us." Miracle walks into the dining room with all eyes on her. Her black dress with gold trim fits her frame like a second skin. Tristan stands next to her wearing all black," we are all indebted to her." " We will  take that into consideration," the duke nods his head. Tristan and Miracle walk around the table sitting next to the Dutchess. " Your dress is beautiful. Where did you get it from," the dutchess turns to Miracle.

 " This old thing," Miracle waves at her. The fairy from earlier  flies over the table filling their cups." I can't even remember when I got it. I'm surprised I can even fit it." " It brings your features out," Dutchess looks Miracle up and down. " Thank you, your dress is nice," Miracle picks her cup up and takes a sip. I watch the duke fiddles with his fingers and cup while they discuss clothing. Footsteps are heard behind me, must be Sebastian. " Good evening, Prince Sebastian. You look mighty well," Violet gushes over him. " Thank you, you look lovely," he sits in between Violet and myself. " Sebastian, how are you feeling about the introduction?" 

He turns to Julius," great, I'm ready to start taking on more responsibility in the kingdom." " That's good to hear. We need someone ready to take the kingdom by force." Miracles' eyes twitch but she keeps talking to Victoria. The door at the end of the table opens, fairies come in carrying silver serving dishes with covers over them. The fairies stand behind us then set the dishes down in front of us then take  the covers off. The dish holds some type of fish with a colorful vegetable and something that closely resembles rice. " Princess Nayyirah, if the food is not to your liking then I can have my staff make you something else," Julius tells me. " I'm sure this will be fine," I pick my fork up and stab the fish. 

" This reminds me of when I used to visit," Sebastian digs into his food. The table goes quiet as everyone eats. " This is delicious," Tristan continues eating. " Thank you, the chef has been with us for years," Julius says with pride. " We might have to take your cook with us to the royal castle," Miracle laughs. Julius' face goes grim, it seems like their little partnership isn't going to work out. He laughs it off then goes back to eating. After everyone  gets done, the fairies come and grab our dishes. Victoria stands up," would you all like to come to the sitting room." We all get up following her out the dining room down the hall to another room. A lit fireplace sits on the far wall with chairs surrounding it. 

A huge family painting hangs over the fireplace. Julius and Victoria talk to Miracle and Tristan while Violet is  glued to Sebastian's hip. I plop down in one of the chairs while Noah and Ryan stand behind me. " At least this is better than Miracle's friend's crappy mansion," Ryan sits in the chair next to me. " Yeah, the good is actually edible," I stare at the flame. My mind wanders to the forest and how the flames consume the immortal. " Princess Nayyirah," a hand grabs my shoulder. " Yes," I look to my right. " You okay," Ryan asks. " Yeah," I nod my head. He points to the fireplace as the flames blaze away. I choose my eyes and take a deep breath lessening the flames. I open my eyes, seeing the fire back to its normal state. Noah leans down next to me," are you okay?"

 " Yeah, just tired," I stand up. " I'm going to my room," they both follow suit. " I'm fine, I just need some time to clear my head. You two can stay and see what Miracle is up to," they nod. I walk to the door and stop in front of the others," goodnight everyone." " You're going to bed early," Sebastian steps in front of me." Yeah, got a lot on my mind." He nods looking at me," good night." Everyone said their farewells then I step outside the room. I take a deep breath before walking down the hall. Two maids walk up, one pink and the other blue, their hands are held out in front of them. What are they doing? Fairy dust released from their hands traveling straight to me. Fuck, it swirls around me before it absorbs into my skin. I blink a few times before my vision goes blank.