Chapter 20

Sebastian 

" Nayyirah," she lays on the ground clutching her stomach. 
" Sebastian," I feel a warm hand on me. I open my eyes as Miracle stands over top of me.
" What's going on," I sit up and look around. 
" Sebastian calm down," Miracle put her hands on my chest.
 " Where is Nayyirah?"
" She's fine, calm down. A doctor will be here shortly to check on you," she pushes me back on the bed.
" Was that immortal caught," she shakes her head no. Shit it's still on the loose after last night. If I didn't drink that wine I would have been able to protect Nayyirah. I take a deep breath in and out calming down when a doctor walks in. His yellow hair sprouts a few strands of grey. He sets his bag on the ground in front of the bed. 

" Prince Sebastian, it's an honor to meet just not under these circumstances," the doctor bows. 
" Yes, it's very unfortunate," I look over at Miracle standing at the end of the bed. I hold my hands out and he grabs my forearms. Fairy dust swirls around my arms. Heat travels up my arms and spreads across my body. After a few minutes, the doctor let go of me. 
" You were drugged. Did you eat or drink something that may have tasted funny?" The image of the bottle of wine that Nathaniel gave everyone," some old wine." The doctor nods," it wasn't too severe. Just keep hydrated and relax."
 " Thanks doctor," I shake his hand. 

He picks his bags up," let me walk you out," Miracle walks him out the room.
 " Sebastian," Tristan walks over to me. I look at him," I know how your mind works. This was not a planned attack." I scuff," you have me fooled. We're at your wife's friend's house that gave us drugged wine. The maid that's been here all day attacks Nayyirah while no one can help her." 
" I know it doesn't look good but you have to believe me. That we are not involved in this," grab my hand. I close my eyes and calm down," since you're my uncle I'll believe you right now. If I find out that you or your wife are working with this immortal I'll kill you myself." I look Tristan in the eyes as I say every word," we are not involved with the immortal." 

I nod my head then lean back in the bed," I'll let you rest. I'll be back later." He leaves the room, one of them or both of them  are working with the immortal. Tristain  closes his door," they better hope to the fairies that I don't find out about who was involved with this." For a few minutes, I lay in bed staring at the ceiling before I get out of bed. I walk down the hall going to Nayyirah's  room. One of Nayyirah's guards, the blonde haired one walks down the hall carrying fresh fruits and bread.
 " Prince Sebastian," he bows.
" How's Nayyirah," I stop in front of him.
" She's doing good. The wound has been stitched up and cleaned. We're just waiting to depart." I nod my head," are you going to see her?"
 " Yes, I'm bringing her fresh food to eat." 

" Mind if I accompany you?"
 " No, she would be happy to know how you're doing." My heart flutters at the mention of her caring about my well being.  I follow him down the hall but he stops at the other guard's room. He opens the door," princess, I don't think it's safe to be around prince Sebastian."
 " Why do you say that?"
" He's not very fond of our kind and he made it pretty obvious that he can't tolerate-." I walk farther into the room as Nayyirah and the dark haired guard notice me.
 " Prince Sebastian," he bows.
 " What were you saying," I look at the guard sitting by the bed.
 " I-I was telling princess Nayyirah," Nayyirah picks her hand up, stopping him. " Sebastian, do you remember last night," she looks at me. 

" Yeah a good amount of it," I move to the edge of the bed.
 " Do you remember the maid coming into the bedroom?" Flashes of the maid stabbing Nayyirah in the stomach pop into my mind.
 " Yeah, after she stabbed you, I gripped her neck and the necklace fell off. Fuck,  where did the necklace go?" I look around the floor, don't tell me they took the necklace off me. 
" You mean this," Nayyirah holds the pink stone in between us.
" Yes," I grab it, feeling the magic coming off of it. 
"Who can be powerful enough to use this type of magic?"
" This isn't strong magic. It probably only lasted for a couple of hours at a time." 

The blonde haired guard gives Nayyirah some fruit and bread. He offers me some and I refuse," I know Tristan has powerful fairy magic since is his born a royal. I've seen Miracle use little fairy magic here and there but I can't tell you how powerful she is." I look closely at the rock," but what I can tell you is that this came from a climate that has mines." I move the stone out of my view as  Nayyirah slowly eats  dragon fruit. I tongue darts out my mouth licking my lips imagining me licking the juice off the corner of her mouth. She set the fruit down, "if we find the closest mine then we should be able to find out who's involved in this." I nod my head since my mouth is cotton ball dry.

 I clear my throat," yes, I start asking around, while you rest." She nods her head picking her fruit up," I'll stop by later with the information." I turn around walking to the door," be careful." I grab the handle then look back making eye contact with Nayyirah," I will." I open the door and walk out. I walk down the quiet hallways, no maids cleaning? I go down the stairs quietly stopping when I hear voices.
 " We need to hurry up and leave before Nathaniel let something slip from his lips." I move closer to the living room," Tristan, sweetie, we can't leave until the toxin is fully out of Sebastian's. We also have to make sure the princess heals properly as well before leaving." 

My eyes land on the mirror on the side  wall. Miracle sits in a chair drinking from a cup while Tristan paces the floor.
 " Trust me, I can't wait to leave this place of filth that Nathaniel calls home. It seems he ran the town into the dirt. Good thing, I didn't marry him. I would be living this poor lifestyle." Tristan stops in front of her, " we don't need this getting back to the king."
 " I'll make sure that Nathaniel and his very small staff keep their mouths closed."
 " Good, now I have to deal with Sebastian."  I quietly back away from the living room and up the stairs.

 " Prince Sebastian " Nathaniel walks my way. Just the man I need to see. He stops in front of me," I'm glad that you're feeling well after last night. I just checked on the princess. I'm so sorry about last night. I have men looking for the intruder as we speak." Trying to save face, I see. 
" Thank you, I'm sure the princess will make a full recovery. I do have a question." I pull the necklace out of my pocket," do you know where a stone like this came from?" Nathaniel starts to sweat. His eyes dart everywhere but the necklace," well, I-I can't be positive." He wipes the sweat from the top of his head," there are mines between here and the kingdom. It might be either in the mine in the fly mountains or in the monster river." It would be the two difficult mines to get into. " Thank you Nathaniel for everything."
 " Your welcome,Prince Sebastian," he smiles.