chapter 7

Feeling something like sand. I pick my fingers up seeing this gold dust on my finger tips. Must be a lot of fairy dust on this tree. I look behind me," was anyone able to track where the fighting started?"
 " No," it could have happened anywhere.  I stand up," we need to go back to the castle and inform  the immortal council." 
" Yes,princess," the guard leads the way. My arm gets snagged back," what?" I pull my arm out of Sebastian's hold.
" I want to know now." Noah, Ryan and the guard turn to us," you'll listen in when I tell the council then tell me about fairy dust." He steps closer to me," no, you will tell right now." I look up to him bumping my chest to his stomach," either you wait or I'll find someone else to tell me about fairy dust." We stare at each other for a few seconds until he backs away. 

I turn around as Noah and Ryan look at me. They wait for me as I walk up," don't get too friendly with him." 
" I'm not," I shake my head at what Noah said.  After a short walk, we make it back to the castle.
" It will take a few minutes to get the portal up."
" Okay," I walk to the sitting room. I sit on one of the empty chairs while Noah and Ryan sit close by. Sebastian glares at me on the other side of the room. What's his problem? I look out the window behind me," every fairy is born with a certain amount of dust. Each fairy's magic is designed to work with certain elements or things they can control."
" Why do you make fairy dust?" 

" Eventually we will run out. We also sell the dust to other supernaturals."
" Is there a difference in the dust?"
" Yes the dust that's made in the factory is average magic while the other dust is what we royals  use. It can make any supernatural being ten times stronger and the effects will last thousands of years." That's what the immortal is after strength. Tiffany worked with royal fairy dust. 
" Now it's your turn," Sebastian crosses  his arms looking at me.
 " After seeing the bodies today, there is an immortal here. It looks like they're after your royal dust. I'm assuming they need to become stronger. We need to find the rest of the fairies that work with the dust. They could be next."
 " Shit I'll go find out," Sebastian runs out of the room. Ryan turns to me," you didn't tell him the other part."

" I don't need him thinking that I'm. hiding the immortal since we're not out looking. We'll find it soon enough." I hear a creak from outside the door.  I stand up and run into the hallway," ohh." Miracle puts her hand over her chest," you scared my princess."
 " It's not very nice to eavesdrop on conversations. Let's call this even." 
" Yeah," she smiles then turns away walking down the hall. Ryan and Noah  stand on the doorway," I don't like her."
 " Me either," the guard walks down the hall.
 " Princess the portal is up," we walk down the hall. 
" The portal will remain open for ten minutes since there won't be a fairy in the room. So make the call quick. Also the room that you're in is soundproof. You can speak freely as you want." 

 We walk up to the third floor stopping at a thick mahogany door. He pushes the doors open," what happened." The guard runs into the trashed room. Chairs throw around the room and a broken table in the middle of the room.
 " The portal," I move closer to the broken table. A metal bowl split in half and liquid on the floor.
" What is that," I point to the bowl.
" This is the royal portal that we use to communicate with." Who destroyed it? Sebastian, Miracle or the guard. 
" Is there another way that we can communicate?"
" There's another portal but it's three villages away." 
" How long would it take to get there?"
" On foot it will take four days." Fuck," how quick can you make the arrangements?" 
" After talking to the king, an hour."

 " Okay, we will go pack," we walk out the room. We walk down stairs to the second floor to our wing.
 " I don't like this princess," Ryan stops us in the hallway.
 "Let's talk in a closed room," I open the first door. The room was an unused bedroom with a white and beige color. Ryan closes the door," this is getting out of hand. We have a spirit that is killing to get more powerful. We need to get more men here." I nod my head," we can if one of us can go through the portal." 
" That can work," Noah nods his head.
" Let's pack then meet downstairs." They agree and we walk out the room. I go straight to my bathroom grabbing my toiletries. Something drops in the bedroom and I rush in the room. A dark shadow stands in the middle of my room. 

" Who are you," I move a few steps closer to the shadow. I need to keep a good distance but keep her from leaving.  The shadow moves toward the the door," fuck." I move in its path," why are you here?" Laughter is heard," I'm here to get the power to defeat the ultimate power."
" Taylor, what's your problem with her?"
"You'll know very shortly," the shadow runs past me. Knocking me into the wall before leaving my room. I get up and follow the shadow out of my room. Fuck, I don't know how to use it. I concentrate on my palms but flames appear on my hands.
" Fuck," I run down the hall shaking the flames away. I need to try harder, I stop and close my eyes. 

A warm sensation comes across my palms. I open my eyes to see the arm becoming translucent. I run full speed down the hall tackling the shadow. We roll down the stairs to the bottom of the first floor," how?" We stare at each other," a gift from the ultimate power," I smile, grabbing its arms.." What is this," people start to gather around us. I flip over and the shadow gets up. I reach my arm out but it turns back visible going through the shadow. I get up running behind it but it makes it through a window into the forest,fuck.
 " Princess Nayyirah, what's going on?" I turn around as King Oisín, Queen Samaria, Sebastian, Orissa and the house staff. 

" We should go somewhere private to talk about this."
 " This way," Queen Samaria ushers down the  hallway into a room. A huge desk dominates the room with two chairs, gold curtains, a bookshelf on the left and a window behind the desk. King Oisín walks in front of us " what was that?" 
" That was an immortal with spirit powers." " How long have you known about this?" 
" Just last night. After seeing the bodies and Sebastian giving us the information about the difference in fairy dust. I'm able  to tell you that the immortal wants your fairy dust to become more powerful."
 " What can we do to stop it," Queen Samaria asks. 
 " Keep your fairy dust on lock until we're able to capture the immortal. Also I need to.get in contact with my council and have men sent over but since your portal is destroyed.

 I was told that we are going to have to travel to the next one."
" When did that happen," King Oisín look at me. 
" Not too long ago," I cross my arms. 
" I'll take a look at that then determine what to do next," King Oisín says. I nod my head and we all leave the office. Noah and Ryan walk in front of me. A hand wraps around my mouth as I get pulled away. My back slams against a wall as  I look up at Sebastian," you lied to me." I move his hand away from my mouth," I didn't lie."
" You didn't tell me about seeing the immortal," he moves his face closer to me.
" And if I did you would have caused a panic through the castle. Making it difficult to catch it," I tilt my head up at him. Our faces only a few inches apart as we stare at each other," next time you lie to me. You won't be lucky," Sebastian backs away.