chapter 9

I walk to the freezer aisle seeing Kaine studying the meat.
" This must be a hard decision," I stand next to him.
 " It is," I stare at the meat.
" Grab it all before we are late to your parent's house." Kaine grabs a couple packs of meat, throwing them in the cart. We finish the rest of our grocery shopping then get in line. Maya stands in the next line staring at Kaine," hey Kaine."
 " Hey Maya," he waves. She walk over to us,she got some balls. I shake my head putting the food on the belt," I didn't know that you were back." She leans into Kaine," yeah,  we just got back this afternoon." Kaine looks at me," I didn't know Taylor was coming back as well."
" That's what happens when you become mates," Kaine chuckles. 

" Is that right, well congratulations. I hope to see you soon," she walks back to her cart. I grit my teeth throwing the rest of the food on the belt. Kaine pays for the food while I put the bags in the cart. We walk out of the store to the car. Kaine pops open the trunk and puts the bag in there  while I get in the passenger seat. She's playing with fire, I'll rip her head off. Kaine gets in the driver seat and pulls off," you okay babe."
 " Yeah," I smile. 
" Okay," we pull into the driveway. We get out of the car grabbing the bags," we should make it on time after putting the food up."  We walk in the house carrying the bags. After a few minutes, all the food was put up and we head back to the car. 
" I hope mom made some crawfish and some gumbo," Kaine runs his stomach. I shake my head,he can eat someone out of a house.

We pull up to his parents house seeing a couple cars," you know who else is invited?" 
" No but it should be close family and friends," he park the car. We get out and Kaine holds my hand while we walk up the stairs. The closer we get to the door, we can hear music playing. He knocks on the door," coming."  I take a deep breath as the door opens. Luna Crystal opens the door ushering us in the house.
" I'm so happy that yall are back and safe," she smiles.
 " The food is almost done. Everyone is in the living room," she tells us before walking past us going to the kitchen.
 " Okay mom," Kaine pulls ll me to the living room.

 Alpha James, beta Gabe, Tommy, Susna, delta Derek and Eve sit in the living room drinking. 
" Hey y'all," we walk in a s everyone looks at us.
" Hey," they all say back. Susan waves me over to where she and Eve sit while Kaine goes to sit with Tommy and his dad. 
" Taylor I'm so happy you're here," Susan pulls me into a hug. I chuckle," you want some wine?" 
"Yes please " Susan gets up walking to the bar. 
" Now ma'am, how did you know that Kaine was your mate," Eve moves closer to me. 
" Eve," I look at her. She looks at me back," I'm waiting." I laugh," every time he would touch me there would be small tingles but after the curse was broken the next time he  touched me  I knew." Susan hands me a glass," aww that's cute." I take the glass from Susan," dinners ready." We all get up and go into the kitchen. 

The table is filled  with every dish that Kaine wanted his mom to cook. From gunbo to jambalaya and crawfish the New Orleans taste he would say. We all grab hands while Luna Crystal says prayer," we like to thank the moon goddess for bringing Kaine and Taylor home to us. For keeping our pack safe and to continue blessing us. Amen."
 "Amen," we all say, then grab our plates. We sit down at the table as the men talk.
 " When you go back to work, Kaine '' alpha James asks. 
" Tomorrow,"  he shoves a spoon full of gumbo in his mouth.
" What are you going to do Taylor," Susan looks at me. 
" Look for a job that's close by.' Derek turns to me," you can always help with training for the pack."
 " And you can  help me with luna  duties as well," Luna Crystal chimes in.

 I look over at Kaine and he nods his head," that would be great until I find something permanent."
 " Good, there's training in the morning," Derek  smiles, picking up his fork. 
" This will be good training for when you become luna," Luna Crystal keeps talking about all the different duties. After everyone gets done eating, the men go sit in the living room while the women  clean up. I clear the table with Susan while Eve and Luna Crystal pack the rest of the food up.
" How are you feeling about being back?"
" It's surreal. I didn't think this far ahead. Being Kaine's mate and on top of that eventually helping him run a pack. Let's not mention kids." Eve laughs," you'll be fine. We are all here to help you," she pats my shoulder then grabs the stack of dishes.

 I grab the cups and put them in the dishwasher. I grab a rag out of the sink and wipe the table. I look at the doorway as Kaine leans on the frame," you ready to go?" I nod standing straight," mom." He walks over to her," we are leaving thanks for dinner." He kisses her on the forehead," you're welcome sweetie," she hugs him. I walk over thanking her," here you go," she hands me containers. 
" Don't be a stranger," she points at me.
" I won't," I say bye to the girls before saying bye to the men. Kaine takes the food from me and carries it to the car. We get in and Kaine put the containers on the back seat. 
" That was a good dinner," he pulls off. 
" Yeah, your mom's cooking lived up to what you were saying."

 "I told you. That old New Orleans taste is the best," he smiles. After five minutes, he parks in front of the house. I grab the food from the back then walk into the house. I bend over putting the food in the  fridge," babe." Kaine leans against the wall, " yes." I stand up, closing the door," I'm happy we're at this point." I walk over to him," me too. I wrap my arms around his waist. We hold each letting the tingles run through our body," let's go to bed." He holds my hands while walking up the stairs. I  open one of his drawers pulling out a t- shirt. I strip out of my clothes then throw the shirt on. 
" We need to get you more clothes," Kaine takes his shirt off.
 " Yeah," I stare at his abs. I get in bed while he takes his pants off putting on shorts.

He throws our dirty clothes in the hamper then get in bed.
" What do you want to watch?"
 " Doesn't matter as long as you're right next to me," he reaches across the bed pulling me to him. I flip the tv on and  zombie land. Kaine puts his face in my neck as I start feeling my body relax.
" Night baby," Kaine kisses the mark on my neck.
" Night," my eyes close. Beeping wakes me up," turn it off." I roll into Kaine's chest. He grumbles reaching over me," get up. You got training," he pulls away from me.
 " Give me a couple minutes, " I pull the covers closer to me. 
" Okay," I hear his footsteps retreat. I close my eyes to get  a little more sleep.
" Get up," I'm shaken awake.
 " I'm up," I open my eyes to Kaine standing in a towel. I throw the covers off me," what time you got to be at work?"

 " In an hour," I get out of bed and go to the bathroom. I quickly shower, brush my teeth and wash my face. I walk out the bathroom and put on some work out shorts, a shirt and shoes. I brush my hair in a ponytail then go down stairs. I smell bacon cooking," it smells good in here." Kaine turns around smiling at me," go sit down." I follow his orders, pulling the  chair out when he brings two plates to the table. " Thanks baby," I kiss his lips as he puts a plate in front of me. 
"You're welcome," he sits down and we eat in a comfortable silence. Kaine grabs our empty plates and places them in the dishwasher. He leans against the counter drinking the last of his coffee. I stand up from my chair and walk over to him," have a good day." I pull his face to mine," I'll will baby," he presses his lips against mine.