chapter 13

Nayyirah

I push off the wall and walk down the hall. He's fucking annoying. Next time you lie to me. You won't be so lucky. He won't be lucky as some bar-b-q fairy. 
" Princess Nayyirah," Ryan and Noah walk over to me.
" I'm fine. I had a little talk with the prince." They nod their heads and we continue to our wing in silence. Everyone looks at us,this is the shit I'm talking about. Now everyone is going to be watching our every move. We go to our sitting room and close the sliding doors," what are we going to do about this," Ryan asks. I sit back and close my eyes as he and Noah  talk.
 " We need to get some type of backup," Noah paces the floor. " Yeah, my super speed and strength can't do nothing and your weapons can't hit anything," Ryan sits on the arm of the chair. 

The room goes silent, I open my eyes as they both stare at me.
" I guess it's time for me to say something. I need to practice on my spirit technique while you two go find some information about who's working with it." I stand up from the couch," we'll look around." I nod then head out the door. I walk past all the staring eyes and whisper from the staff. I walk through the busy kitchen to the forest.  I'm the only one that has the power to fight it, so I need to get stronger.  I walk to the pound not seeing no one. Everyone must be preparing dinner. I stop at the edge of the pound and look in the water. The fish swim back and forth then I look at my reflection. 

A thousand thoughts go through my head. Am I strong enough to capture the immortal? Will this cause a riff between the fairies and immortals? I shake the thoughts out of my head. I came out here to practice.  I move away from the pound and stretch my arms out. My arms start to warm up, your palms, Nayyirah.  A blaze of flame circles around me, " no." I take a few breaths in and out, dying the flames out. 
" Let's try this again," the warmth moves down my arms to my fingertips. Little flames sprout from my fingers. I wave my fingers, getting rid of the flame. What did I do last time? Close my eyes. I take a deep breath and hold my arms in front of me. I feel the warm sensation in my arms, palms. It travels down my arms to my hands, then my whole hands warm up. 

That's it, I open my eyes and look through my arms at the ground. 
A branch snapping to my right is heard. I run full speed into the trees without making a sound. A small reddish brown fox stands need a man leaning on a tree. The fox growls and the man bends down, picking it up and covering its mouth. 
"Shhhs," I move closer seeing Prince Sebastian's face. He wears a dark short sleeved shirt  and dark long dark pants with no shoes. 
" This is what the prince does in his free time." I stand in front of him folding my arms across her chest. 
" N-no. I was coming for a quick dip in the pound  when I stumbled across you." He sets the fox on the ground. 

" If you say so," I  turn around to walk to the castle. 
" Wait,"  a hand grabs my left arm. A warm sensation runs radiates up my arm to my chest. Light from my palms lit up. 
"What do you want," I pull my  arm away from him. He clears his throat," let me walk you to the castle since the immortal is out here." My heart aches from what he said," we're not all bad," I  roll  my eyes. " I didn't mean it like that. I'm just saying that it's becoming a threat to us all. I don't want you getting hurt here and your people not being able to be notified about itm." I nod my head then walk down the path with him  following behind.
 " Is that your pet," I look down at the fox. 
" No, I found it when I went out hunting." 
" You hunt," I crunch up my face. 

" Yes, I hunt. Most men do that." 
" Oh, I was thinking since you're a prince.  You wouldn't get your hands dirty." He chuckles," I'm more than my birthright." We walk the rest of the way to the castle in silence. He opens the door letting me walk in  first. 
" Thank you," I  rush into the kitchen. The door closes, " prince Sebastian thanks for the boar," the chef yells over the noisy kitchen. I quickly walk out the kitchen, down the hall to the staircase. 
" Prince Sebastian," I walk up the stairs. I turn to see Kenneth standing next to Sebastian. I hurry down the hall to my bedroom. I open the door and slam it shut leaning my back on it. He can't be my mate. That self righteous idiot. Looking down on me and my people. 

All I need to do is stay away from him. As long as he's not going with us to the other portal it will weaken the bond between us. I push off the door and go to the bathroom. I take a quick shower then get dressed in another dress that Grace packed. This one is dark purple with long sleeves that are sheer. I put my feet in some black baby doll shoes. I look in the mirror and fix my hair. I take it out of the bun letting it hang loose. A knock on the door startles me,"yes."
 " Princess Nayyirah, are you ready?"
" Yes," I move most of my hair in the front to the right side then leave my room. 
Noah wears black dress pants and a white button up while Ryan wears all black.

 We walk down the hall," we did find anything. Everyone's being hushed about everything."
 " I expected that," we walk down the stairs as Miracle  and Tristan do. She looks at us," you cleaned up very nicely. Making me second guess if you could be royalty." I smile," and others wish they could. It must be hard being  close to the throne but you can't grasp it." I walk past her down the hall.
 " That was good. A classy come back," Noah says.
 " It's getting there," we walk in the dining room. Fairies fly around  placing food on the table. Orissa and Pete are already sitting at the table quietly talking to each other at the far left side of the table. We take a seat across from them," hey." 

" Hey," Orissa and Pete smile looking at us. A few seconds later Miracle and Tristan walk in.
 " My darling niece and Pete," she walks over to them. The theatrics, I shake my head. She bends down whispering in Orissia's ear then looks at me. A fairy walks by filling our cups.
" I'll be fine aunt Miracle," Orissa picks her cup up. I smile at Miracle then lift my cup. She moves to the top of the table where the king and queen sit. The room is quite besides the constant coming and going of the house staff. I look across the table  as Pete and Orissa quietly speak to each other. I glance around the room, Miracle whispers in her husband's ear. 

Now I wish I was a wolf so I can hear their conversations. Sebastian walks in wearing a long sleeve dark blue button up with two buttons undone. His black pants fix him just right and his balck shoes make him look extremely handsome, I can't think like this. My heart starts to beat faster as he walks farther into the dining room. Are eyes lock for a second before I look away. " You look so handsome. No wonder the guards had to escort that woman out of your bed this afternoon." My heart stops, don't think more into this Nay. She does this to play games with people. 
" I guess that gossip is all over the castle today," Sebastian takes a seat next to his sister.
 " Who was it this time," she look at him. 
" Some female from the village." A green haired fairy flies in pouring drinks for everyone.