Bite size .1

We finally did it, we followed our dream and moved away from that stupid town we used to call home. With all of the bullying and silent judging. I couldn't stand living somewhere where your parents hear about every little detail of your life.

We finally got away and I finally had the time I wanted, time alone with Orchid. We lay on the beach, miles and miles away from the cold and cloudy, miserable town of Seadew. The one person in my whole life that I've been around forever, that I actually liked.

"Beau," he takes off the towel he had draped over his head and smiles over at me. We are both drenched from swimming in the ocean. "That girl from next door, she wants us to come over tonight." He wiggles his brows at me and texts on his phone, I assume writing her back.

My dream plan had a flaw, one that I almost forgot about until now. One major flaw that put my dream to a halt.

I was in love with my straight friend.

Okay, so maybe my dream was flawed from the beginning. I knew for a fact that he was totally into girls. Ever since we were young he started mentioning how pretty girls were, how he thinks their hair is so soft and they always smell good. I was doomed, because I was none of those things.

Currently my hair was stuck up in random places, probably full of sand. I smelled like ocean, salt, fish. And lastly, I was a little bit lacking in the genitalia area of his admiration. I was screwed.

"Awesome," I smile toward him, hoping he doesn't notice the sarcasm in my voice.

As we gather our things and head home, leaving piles of sand in our new minivan, I squeeze the steering wheel a little tighter than normal; He's texting the whole drive.

At home we take turns using the shower to freshen up, sand in places it shouldn't be fall down toward the drain and I make sure to lather extra well when washing my hair. Coming out of the bathroom changed, I use the towel to get access water out of my ear.

"They got a pool, man."

"We're getting wet again?" I stare at him blankly and don't even get a glance in my general direction.

"Possibly, a hot tub too. That would be epic." He lays backward on the bed to relax, hair longer than mine it rests against the new sheets in our room. A one bedroom house was just big enough for both of our beds to fit comfortably on either side. Moving far away meant sacrifices we had to make in order to have enough finances.

"Epic, right." I roll my eyes and hang up the towel in the back of the door to dry. Several excruciating minutes of Orchid texting later, he pipes up and we make our way next door.

A small girl answered the door after the first knock, desperate much? I hold myself back from a glare and show her a toothy smile. She welcomes us in politely and a boy walks out of the kitchen with a plate of bite sized sandwiches.

"This is Kelo." The girl smiles and we all walk to the backyard.

"I heard you guys met Kourt last week when you moved in, I'm surprised I didn't notice either. But hey, I'm Kelo. We're Kelo and Kourt." He giggles and sets the plate down on a table outside. "Nice to meet y'all." He smiles at me when Orchid continues to follow Kourt over to the pool. "Beau, is it? I heard you were a bit quiet."

"I'm not quiet." I snap, angry that Orchid left me alone with the strange boy while he got to go off and probably flirt his dumb heart away to someone who would never be able to treat him the way I would.

"I can see that," his eyes widen a little and the bottom bits of his hair stick to his head. "It's quite hot out if you wanna swim?" His hands clasp behind him whine he sways a little.

"We already swam at the beach." I let my eyes wander the dude. He was white, like, really white for a guy who lives in a place that is this hot. "You're white." I mumble, raising a brow. He looks at me, slowly tilting his head as he searches for an answer.

I know it was odd to say, maybe even a bit rude of me but I didn't care one bit. For all I care he could hate me and never talk to me again.

"So are you."

"I just moved here." I retaliate, his eyes wander my own body now and he slowly smiles.

"I get that you're angry because you're jealous your friend is spending time with someone other than you, but you really need to get over it because I want us to be friends." His arms cross over his pale body and he turns on his heal, walking over to a chair, laying down and putting sun glasses on.

For someone who wants to be friends, he was oddly rude to start off. But seeing as I started it, I'd have to give him a little slack. He didn't cry easily and definitely knew how to react.

"Beau! Come in the water it's so nice!" I look to where Orchid calls me and smile, walking over to them. Despite us already had gone swimming, it really was hot and the pool water felt nice on my feet. I ended up joining them and earning a smile from Orchid. While we play pool games and splash eachother when we loose, my mind drifts off for a moment as I notice Kelo laying on the chair. He looked relaxed, and not the least bit phased by what I had said to him.

It almost made me annoyed.