Festival Junkies 1

Disclaimer, I am not promoting drugs or alcohol of any kind, but they will be used in this book. Read at your own risk and maturity.  Any sexual actions are between characters that are of age and have given consent. Enjoy                     

It's my 28th festival by myself. I've been to about 36 in the past five years. I started out with friends but not many were into them as I was.                     

I sit down on a rock in the grass/tree area and take a bite of my popsicle that I just bought for five dollars. It's strawberry lemonade and is the absolute best when you're fucked up. I close my eyes to the music as it gets more vibe-ish during this set.                     

Everyone around me were either with their friends or partners. It was cute to see but also a bit annoying. Especially when you innocently try to hit a dude up and his girlfriend walks out of the porta potty and kisses him. Could have washed her hands first.                     

"Can I sit with you?" I hear a small voice and open my eyes. A boy is standing beside me with a raised brow. He's eating tater tots, I move over. "Want one?" He smiles wide at me. I take in his features, light brown hair with pink sprayed in random areas. Green eyes and a big smile, with a bit of tater tot stuck on the side of his tooth.                     

"Sure," I pop one in my mouth and stare off into the crowds of people and stands. I notice a lingering stare and grin as I hold my popsicle toward him. I kid you not, this boy giggles in the cutest way that I instantly look as he sucks part of the pop. "It's my favourite at festivals." I chuckle as he looks satisfied with the taste.                      "Mmm, feels so nice going down." His eyes wander up to mine and we both laugh at the awkwardness he started.                     

"Are you high or something?" I ask him and he nods instantly almost as if everyone should know that or as if everyone here was fucked in that way. He's not wrong tho, but today I drank a little and am preparing for tomorrow. 3 day festivals can be a long hull. But Saturday has good beats.                     

"Are you?" He starts digging into his taters and I can't help but stare at the way he appreciates every crumb in the box when he's done. He looks at me with greasy lips and blushes.                     

"I am not." I grin and his cheeks go even more red.                      "Well I'm not a freak I swear!"                     

"I'm waiting for tomorrow." I add on and he instantly sighs and puts his forehead on my shoulder to rest. I've never met a boy to be so open on a first meeting. Usually everyone is busy. "Where are your friends?" I ask him, secretly hoping I'm not the only one who came alone.                     

"On the skinny ride thingy, but I didn't wanna throw up and so I decided to wait." He sits up now and we both look at the spiny space ship looking thing. "The one wearing fishnets...." he pauses and I grin, because like 40 people in line are wearing them. "Erm, with blue shorts and her boobies hanging out with heart stickers on the nips... yup that's Tash." He looks at me a moment then back. "Kennedy and Liam are there too. K is wearing the pink sparkles on her arms and Liam's got the reflective shoes...." he starts to lick the small box of tater tots even tho there is only grease lining the cardboard. "Who you with?"                     

"Just me." I simply say. Looking at his friends try to take photos but falling over slightly. The chain to create the line dips and one of the girls fall. Instantly three strangers help tho, so I assume it's fine.                     

"Did you come far?"                     

"Bout 8 hours," I look at him and he looks almost sad. "I chose to, not many of my friends are interested." His face seems to look a bit happier but he grins and I get a scary vibe off of him.