Enemy of mine .2

I woke up the the sound of his obnoxious alarm. I hear it turn off and as if seconds later I'm being smacked with a pillow. It was so early.

"Dude wake up, it's 7." He groans and I open a single eye. He must have been up for hours. His body was covered in sweat and he walked into the shower. I sometimes wish I could be like him, wake up early for breakfast, hit the gym and act as if I got the best sleep of my life. I close my eyes again and groan when another pillow hits me. "Carter you lazy ass." He lifts the blankets and climbs under with me.

"Dude" I turn around to face away from him, his body presses up against me and wraps an arm around my front. He smelled good now, of soap and aftershave. I groan in response and hide a smile. I hated when he did this, he knew it bothered me because it was low key gay as fuck. If we were good friends it would be different, but an enemy jokingly cuddling you just to annoy you so you wake up seems a little over the top. What I hated most, was that I enjoyed the warmth, but he would never get to know that.

"Dude." He whispers as he mocks me and nuzzles his head into my back. I roll my eyes at his closeness and then around to give him an annoyed look. He smirks down at me and my eyes land above his lip. He had a bit of aftershave still not rubbed in. I touch it gently, feeling him tense up. For someone who doesn't like being touched he sure was close to me.

"You suck at rubbing that stuff in." I mumble, looking back up at him. His eyes were also on my mouth, but I didn't have aftershave on. What could be on my face? I frown and watch him go a little pink before leaning away from me.

"Your bed is so much more comfy than mine."

"It's the same bed, my blankets are probably better." I correct him and he covers his face with his hands, groaning.

"You're such a smart ass."

"You're the one with straight A's"  I shoot back and he looks at me again.

"You say that as if it's a bad thing, atleast I get A's"

"Yeah but you use it to your advantage, everyone is all over you, it's gross." I push him away a little.

"Not everyone." He pushes me back, a little more gentle. Is he serious? He thinks so little of me he can't even hit me back properly.

"Well all I want is one person all over me, but I can't have that because you have everyone." I sit up, pushing the blankets off of me, climbing over him.

"Yeah," he takes my arm, pulls me back and pins me against the bed. His legs straddle me and he holds my arms above my head. "have you ever thought that I don't want any of them? But the one person I want doesn't want me, I couldn't care less about those girls, Car." His face was close to mine and I squirm a little under him. He was hot, and I wasn't sure how I felt about being under him at the moment.

I've never thought about guys other than friends, I wasn't gay, but right now I was questioning the feeling inside of my stomach. I hated this, I was becoming just like those stupid girls, looking at him in positivity was not what I was willing to do. He is an enemy, keep it that way.

"Stop putting yourself down, who cares if they don't see how amazing you are, it's their loss." He mumbles, looking away. I take my chance to wiggle away from him and rush off to the bathroom for a shower.

We had a lot of work to do today on this so called project. It was three pages long and that's just the instructions. I swear colleges doesn't care one bit about your life outside of school.

I close my eyes at the hot running water, cleaning myself and holding my breath under the stream. Get whatever this stupid shit is out of your head and focus. You can't be friends with him, even if he's nice to you. Lola would use you to get close to him, anyone would. Your life would turn for the worst and everyone would be fake. I make the water a little hotter and punch the wall. The warmth reminds me of when he climbs in bed with me and curls up against my back.

I let my hand wander and close my eyes, his touch is so hot, so comforting. His voice in the morning when he tries to wake me up when he does, he sounds so groggy but gets up anyway.

My hand moves farther down to meet with my groin. I wonder what it would be like if he climbed into bed with me before he went to the gym, before he was fully awake. Would he curl into me and fall asleep? He must be so comfy. I sigh outwardly as my fingers brush myself under the hot water. What if he misplaced his hand for a moment, what if he was overly happy like I am when I wake up.

I let out a soft moan as I touch myself, a jolt of pleasure hits me and I open my eyes. No, no this isn't happening. I quickly turn the water to cold and whine at the temperature, quickly finishing my shower and getting out. What is wrong with me?

I lazily wait for my laundry to dry, a few other people in the communal laundry area of the college. We managed to get quite a bit done on the project today, especially the written part. Haze seemed to always know what to write no matter how confusing the question.

"Hey."  I hear a soft voice and look toward a girl by the washers. "Got .25 cents? I thought I brought enough but I guess I didn't." She blushes, tapping her fingers on the washer as she waits for a reply.

I nod slowly, handing her a quarter and watching her start her load.

"You're that kid in my friends class, the one who is roommates with Haze." She smiles and leans against the cold metal. Great, another scheme to talk to Haze. I shrug in response and she touches a piece of her hair. "I heard you're pretty good at drawing, would you draw me sometime? I've never had someone do that before." She giggles lightly and another girl walks up beside her.

"Oh, Carter." She smiles at me and I stare at them both. Since when did anyone care enough to talk to me, or even know my name?

"Hi?" I narrow my eyes and the girls look at eachother.

"I'm Marina, Lola is my bestfriend, you like her right?" She asks and I blink in response. She was the girl walking with Lola who looked back and laughed at me.

"No, sorry." I look to the first girl. As if I was going to let these two flirt with me. I knew Lola was not interested, that didn't mean I was going to hate her for it. Everyone knew she was after Haze, she made it obvious that he was her only interest and she would do anything to have him.

"Haze!" Lolas friend stands up straight and I feel the air change beside me. Haze came back from the vending machine and had a bag of chips in each hand. Remind me why we do things together? Why couldn't we do our laundry separately?

"Girls." He responds, handing me a bag of chips and ruffling my hair. Seriously? Why not just call me a puppy and move on.