Loké 2: Jakes Redemption .1

My hand held my face up as I lean on the café table, pretending to listen to the stranger I matched with on grinder. We have been here so long I could tell there would be a red mark on my cheek the moment I got up.

"Then I decided to continue with that, which wasn't ideal but even tho my mother told me not to I had to do it."

"Uh-huh,"

"I guess you could say I'm pretty good at it tho, I'm known for how awesome I am." He laughs at his own joke and I sit up, smiling as the waitress comes over and asks us if we want anything else. Our plates were already cleared.

"The cheque please." I wince when he starts talking.

"Actually I kind of want pie, do you want pie? I used to make pie with my mother on Sundays it was nice, tho I wasn't exactly the best at it she always corrected me. I should make some for us sometime."

"So-" the waitress glances at me and I shake my head.

"I'll take a pie." He puts a finger up and smiles too big.

"Sure," she writes it down and gives me a sad look as she walks away. I needed to get away. I glance down at my phone and send a quick text. It always works.

By the time I'm debating smacking my face on the table to be sent to an emergency room rather than be here, I hear loud stomping and grin.

"Who the fuck? Jake?" His deep voice rings in my hears and my heart picks up a beat.

"Uh, hello. I'm Gerald!" Pie guy smiles and I look over at Loké with plea in my eyes.

"Hello Gerald, why are you out eating with my boyfriend?" He smiles wide at him and I can tell he's now tense.

"Uh, I, he was on- uh grinder so I assumed he was single." Gerald sinks into his chair and I start to feel bad.

"Lo let's just go," I mumble, watching him roll his eyes and nod for us to head out. I put a twenty on the table and apologize to Gerald before rushing after Loké. "Thank you so so much." I catch up, grabbing his hand and intertwining our fingers together.

Seb and Loké were still a thing, the best thing to confirm, but I was lucky to still be able to be as close with them as I was. We went back to our place we now rented out after first year. All living together in a small town house close to school for the summer and maybe keeping it instead of dorms when school started up again.

"What happened this time?" Seb rushes to hug me and I transition into a puddle in his arms.

"He wouldn't shut up! I mean all he talked about was himself. I got maybe a word in before he started explaining how much he loves his mother and never wants to move away from her. They make pie together on the weekends, Seb. Every weekend!"

"Oh Jake," he pouts and I over hear Loké giggling up a storm. "Loké shut up." Seb hisses in his direction, making him quiet with small random outbursts of giggles.

"I'm never going to find anyone. I should just be a porn star." I lay my forehead on Sebs chest and close my eyes at the tingle sensation of his fingers running down my spine.

"You could sell yourself for money too, if that's all that matters to you." Loké sniffs and I look over at him. What?

"Huh."

"You know, get stuffed by random dudes every night just to be given paper bills and feel shit about yourself when you realize you're 30 and haven't found love."

"Dude," Sebby growls at him and I push away, marching over and getting in his face. He's sitting on a swivel chair and closed the book he was reading just to smile up at me.

"I said porn star, and we all know you would pay to watch it." I clench my fists hard together and chew on my bottom lip. Come on, Jake, be tough and stand up for yourself.

"Oh Jake, why do that when you would give it for free?" He touches the side of my face and I break down into tears, falling to my knees, head in his lap. I'm picked up and cradled. The one thing I learned about Loké was that he was never mean on purpose, but because he was always right in some sort of way. For him, I would be a porn star.

"I hate you."

"You hate that I'm right." He corrects and strokes my hair gently. Seb used to get mad at how he talked to me sometimes, but I think he also learned that tough love was exactly how Loké showed he loved you the most. He wants what's best for you. We're all quiet for a while and I hear Seb leave, I assume to make dinner.

"What do I do, Lo? I'm tired of going on dates, I want to give up." Why did they have to start dating? We were fine before that, all three of us perfectly okay with kissing eachother. That's all I wanted, craved. I just want to feel comfortable again, I'm done looking.

"Jake, maybe giving up is what you need. He will come when it's your time. Sometimes when you're looking you are never looking in the right place. I found Seb at a party I never wanted to be at. Sometimes things happen when they shouldn't and it turns out amazing."  Once again I knew he was right, but I found myself staring at his lips and watching them move so slowly. Ever since we kissed that first time I couldn't stop thinking about it. I wanted him to do so many things to me.