12

The next few weeks were oddly lonely. Leo wasn't home as much and we hadn't had as much time together. Moxie had been coming over every once in a while, she brought me home made cookies the other day and we watched a movie. I could tell she wanted more from me, but I wasn't sure how I felt about anything anymore. 

Coming out used to be the problem, Leo finding out I had actually ben into both sexes for longer than recent was bound to be a conversation If I admitted I liked boys now. All through high school he had my back, I couldn't tell him I lied, all that pain and suffering and protecting me for no reason. 

My body covered in a blanket, 'Love, Simon' playing on the TV. I wanted to curl up to Leo and feel safe, but I didn't think I had him anymore. As if on cue, the front door opens and Leo stumbles in with a boy holding his hand. 

"Geez, your place is nice." The guy smiles at him, A big silly smile that makes me want to vomit. He was definitely not Leo's type. Leo was a muscular, handsome, god like figure. This guy he brought back was slightly shorter than him, skinny, and had an annoying high voice.

"Yeah, we saved up in highschool." Leo tosses his keys on the counter, making brief eye contact with me before setting his attention back to the boy.

"Oh shit, is that 'Love, Simon'?" The boy helps himself to the seat next to me on the couch and smiles. "Sup, Im Ry." he holds a hand out and I reluctantly shake it gently. He squeezes and shakes a little more rough, but the grin never leaves his face. "You gay too?"

"No, Ry." Leo steps up for me, handing Ry a can of coke and sitting beside him, opening his own. "He's straight as can be, he's actually dating someone." His eyes on the TV, he talks for me without even looking at me. He's been acting this way for a while now. I wasn't happy with it, or him, but I couldn't do much to fix it either. 

"What a shame, he's cute."

"Im not dating anyone, actually." I lean forward to look at him but he continues to be cold.

"Moxie said you guys went on a few dates."

"We went to the movies and for lunch a few times, but only because my bestfriend ignores me now." I narrow my eyes at him and Ry leans back in the couch, singling a little as he watches this play out. 

"That's not nice, id be angry if my best friend ignored me too." Ry sips his drink, looking back and forth between us. 

"Leo used to be my best friend." I comment, still not a budge from Leo. "Then he decided to just dip himself into a pool of anger and hate instead of talking about his feelings."

"What the fuck, Axe?" Leo finally looks at me and it was the first time I think I had ever seen him look at me without any sort of love in his eyes. No, this was pure disgust. 

"What do you expect me to say? You can't just storm out on me and say we're going to be normal friends and then just choose not to be my friend at all anymore." 

"Woah," Ry laughs awkwardly at the tension between us. "Im gonna like, get popcorn or something."

"Yeah sure, you're his new bestie, might Aswell help yourself to his home. It sure as hell doesn't feel like ours anymore." Im hostile now, and to a guy that didn't deserve it. I just wasn't able to help myself. 

"You're such an ass, yet you wonder why we're not friends anymore." Leo says calmly, but leaves a massive hole in my chest. Goosebumps rise over my skin and I feel sick. I couldn't stand him, I rush out of the living room and to the bathroom, throwing myself over the toilet and hoping id throw up my emotions, but nothing came. Heat washes over my body and I collapse to the floor, hugging the toilet seat and allowing myself to cry.

I wanted this to be over, I didn't want to live with him anymore and I certainly didn't want to listen to talk to me like he did. 

"You make my body feel good." he giggles next to me on the floor, both of us hiding from the camp running competition. He could do it easily, yet he chose to hide with me in the cafeteria every year so I wouldn't be alone.

"I do?"

"Yeah," His face grows hot and he takes my hand, placing it over his chest. "Right here, it's like my heart beats differently." He leans his head on my shoulder, holding my hand over his heart. I feel it pumping quicker than normal and look at him. He tilts his head to look back up at me. 

"My heart does that sometimes too, but only around you." I look away from him, biting my bottom lip. It felt so cheesy, saying things like that to him. Everyone in our school treated him as if he was the hottest shit around, and he was. But that's exactly why I shouldn't say those things to him, then id be just like everyone else. Id be drooling over my best friend.

"I like it." He whispers, looking into my eyes. His small smile turns into a smirk. 

"What's wrong with you?" I look at the door to the bathroom and Leo folds his arms over his chest, looking awkward. "Are you sick?"

"Sick of you." I groan, hiding my head in the toilet seat.

"Axel stop being dramatic," He comes in and shuts the door behind him, sitting on the floor next to me.

"Axel now, huh?" I finally lean back, resting my head on the wall behind me. "super normal." I scoff and look over at him, fully expecting to be yelled at. "I don't get you anymore, I mean how are you being normal at all? Are we even friends anymore?"

"Do you want to be?" He responds faster than I had hoped. It felt as if he wanted to get this relationship over with already.

I wanted so yell at him, to hit him or slap him so he would realize how damn stupid he was being. My lip quivers slightly and I feel more tears fill my eyes. I close them to stop the flow but it just allows them to drip down my face.

"Im doing this for you, why are you so upset about it?" 

"For me?" I sit up, anger filling my arms and I make two fists. "How in the hell is treating me like shit supposed to be for me."

"Im giving you space, Axel. I was holding you back from finding true love, I was so obsessive over you that Moxie wasn't able to have a chance. That's not fair to me, you deserve love too. Its not your fault you're not into guys and I needed to get over that. Distance isn't mean, distance is healthy." He whispers the last part and scoots over to lean on the wall next to me.

"I never asked for space. Never asked for you to be in charge of what Im supposed to be doing." Put my hands on my lap and pick at my fingers as they shake. I was mad at him, I wanted nothing to do with him right now. But once his hand slipped into my shaky one and intertwined our fingers the warmth reminded me of how we used to be. I let out whimper and hid my face into his shoulder. He changes his posture and pulls me onto a hug. I could hear my breath going at a fast rate and my body shaking in his arms. Mad or not I needed him. I hugged him back and let myself cry a little longer as we sit together quietly.

"What's good for me is you, L." I mumble into his shirt, feeling him hug me a little harder.

"I love you Axel, which is why I need to let you grow."

"Stop calling me that!" I push him away, anger filling me again. I wipe my tears with my sweater and glare at him. "I don't want to grow without you." my shaking stops and his eyes fall to the floor. 

"Im sorry,"