6

Time had gone by faster than I had thought, books we're meant to read, tests to study for. I thought we would have more time for fun than we did. But the best part is that Leo and I studied the same. Just like In highschool, we were able to be there for eachother.

Leo was busy finishing off his essay and I was stuck reading the rest of my chapters for an exam coming up. I was restless and my pen was taking the heat for it. I tap it over and over again at a vigorous speed, reading through the pages.

My eyes wander, noticing the photo of Leo and I on my desk. We went to volley ball camp one summer, thinking it would be full of hot girls. Turned out it was organized by gender.

"This is dumb, we're supposed to be having the best summer ever." I groan as we get back to our hut. He takes his sweaty shirt off and throws it on the top bunk. Everyone else had gone to get ice cream after the game. Leo was lactose, and I wasn't exactly going to let him suffer alone.

"It will be, okay? Atleast we're here together, that's something." He stands infront of me shirtless as I sit on the bottom bunk. "Anywhere with us together will be the best, c'mon." He smiles and leans down to take a photo with me. His hand cups my chin and makes me smile, his eyes meet with mine and I pretend to be annoyed at him. "See? You and me." His teeth shine through his smile as he looks at the photo he had taken.

"You and me." I laugh a little, copying him. "You're so Lame" I tease, earning a grin from him and a push. Before I know it he's pinned my arms back, shirtless over my body. Why did I have to have my sweaty volleyball shirt on and he could look this sexy?

"Take that back, wimp." He uses one hand to hold my hands and another to start tickling me. He was a menace.

"Hey! Stop!" I squeak and squirm under him. He wasn't as strong as he thought, a hand getting free, I push him off me and pin him down, sitting on him. "Look who's in charge now." I smile, watching him put his hands behind his head, just watching me.

"I'm done my homework." His smooth voice brings me out of my memories. He's standing at my door with a smile.

"I'm just about done too." I can't help but smile when he bites his tongue; he had a plan.

"Well when you are done, we could have some people over, it's been like two weeks since the squad met up." He pouts his lips and I sigh, meaning a yes to him apparently.

Well obviously I was in over my head.

When do things ever go my way? I cleaned everything before we had people over, and somehow I find myself sitting on the stairs watching and allowing multiple to jump around and get alcohol everywhere.

"Is it just me or are parties getting lame?" Moxi is sat beside me and swirls the little bit left she has in her cup.

"I agree" I lean my head on my hand and watch Leo dance with Bret.

"It's better when you're not alone tho, especially having friends you really care about with you." She also sighs and I feel her head rest on my shoulder. Moxi and I have gotten a little closer in the past while, but it was hard to focus on anything when Leo had Brett's hands around him while they danced.

Lydia does join this time, clearly having her own story going on while she made out with the second guy tonight. I allow myself to smile tho, because Leo was right, College is where you should figure things out.

Amy hand grows warm and Moxi hugs my arm. I watch as she intertwines our fingers and my mind immediately goes to Leo. But when I try to snoop on him I realize he's gone, and so is Bret.

"Where did they go?" I pull my hand away as I stand up, alert and slightly in panic.

"Probably for some alone time." Moxi stands up with me, a hand on my shoulder to turn me toward her. She smiles and wraps her arms around my neck. "Sounds kind of nice."

"Should we find them?"

"They're okay, trust." She laughs at how worried I am, but I know my heart wouldn't calm down until I knew Leo was okay.

And definitely not making out with Bret, I mean come on.

I take out my phone, eyes planted on a text from Leo. 'Message me if you need me!'

A code we made up years ago. One that meant we're busy and not to worry. I hated it, I hated it so much. So I shoved my phone in my pocket and went down the stairs, made my way to the kitchen and grabbed a drink off the table.

I knew where he went, I knew exactly what he was going. I marched my way out the back door and held it as Moxi joined me. She was keeping up with my chaos with a worried look on her face.

But I was right, nothing ever went right for me. There he was, Brett's hand on Leo's waist as they stand stupidly close to eachother.

"They're so cute." She whispers when she realized. I'm dragged off to the side. "I kind of needed fresh air so this is nice." She looks up into the night sky and I force myself to follow, anything but witnessing something I'd regret.

"Have you ever liked someone so much, I mean even if you're not sure if it's right? Like it could ruin something you were building?" She looks at me and I follow her gaze. I don't know how she knew, but she did.

"Yeah," I smile at her, watching her eyes move to my lips. But she didn't know I was into Leo, so she meant something else.

"Ax." I hear a loud giggle and look behind Moxi. Leo staggers as he runs over to me, he had a big messy grin on his face and Brett looked unimpressed.  "I wanna go to bed."

"We can't go to bed we have people over." I widen my eyes as he puts his hands on my cheeks to squeeze me a little.

"Get rid of them." He grumbles, taking my drink from my hand and staggering into the house.

"So I guess we should listen to captains orders, huh?" Moxie teases as we follow Brett into the house.

"Everyone! Hey!" We watch Leo slap the wall a few times trying to get everyone's attention but fails miserably.

"Want to take him upstairs? We can clear out." Moxi nods for me to go ahead, I put one of his arms around my neck and help him upstairs, the party quieting down the moment the music stops.