10

My heard sinks as I watch the way Brett looks at him. The two sit beside eachother and hold marshmallows over the fire with sticks they found.

"Half the fun is finding a stick to roast them on!" He twirls his stick and Brett nods in agreement. Lydia only stayed for the picnic, which means I was left alone with Moxie again tonight if the boys did their own thing again.

"You're burning your sugar puff." Moxie nudges me slightly and I pull it out, shaking it.

"Sorry, shit."

"It's your puff." She grins up at me and scoots her chair closer. "Maybe we should switch tents tonight, let them talk more?" She whispers and I look over. Brett was talking and Leo was staring at his marshmallow in the fire.

"I don't know,"

"Don't be selfish, remember? I'm sure he would be so happy about it." She pouts, making me roll my eyes. "I'm taking that as a yes." She smirks and stands up. "We're tired, so uh, we're going to bed." She takes my hand and I follow her, looking back at them.

"Wait, what?" Brett widens his eyes and Moxie giggles.

"We can sleep in the same tent and you guys can sleep in the other, that way you can stay up and not worry about waking us!" She nods toward me, my eyes meeting Leo's.

"It's okay, I'm tired too!" Leo puts his stick in the fire and walks over, taking my hand. "Let's go to bed." His voice seemed to shake at the end and I look down at our hands. I could tell he was off, being alone with Brett might be scary for him.

"Well, Leo and I kind of want to share a tent. That okay?" Moxie leans closer to me and hugs my arm.

"I'm okay with it if you are." Brett runs a hand through his hair, but Leo never looks away from me. It's as if he was trying to read me.

"You want to share her tent." He frowns, less of a question and more of a confused statement.

"I'll be nice I promise." She pulls me gently and I allow her to tug me into the tent, closing the door. "It will be fine, they needed this push."

"Are you sure?" I lay down, running my hands over my eyes. I hated not knowing what was happening, but this is supposed to be good for him.

"Axel," she says softly, making me uncover a hand and look at her. She was no longer wearing the sweater she had on at the fire and she didn't exactly keep her wet bra on from earlier.

"Um."

"You don't mind do you? My other clothes are wet," She blushes, using her arms to gently cover her nipples, and moves closer to me.

"Yeah," I look away from her and tense up a little when she lays next to me, resting her head on my chest. "Okay,"

"Are you sure he's okay?"

"Axel," she sighs, rolling back to be a little further away from me. "You have a half naked, very hot by the way, amazing girl next to you and you are still worried about Leo?"

"Hey guys?" Our tent is unzipped and Leo crawls in, Brett following. "Oh," Leo covers his eyes and Brett gasps.

"Oh shit, see I told you they would want to be alone!" Brett whines, smacking Leo's arm.

"It's fine," Moxie grabs her sweater, pulling it over her head. "I was just hot, I'm fine now."

"You sure?" Brett raises a brow, Moxie climbing out of the tent without a word.

"I'm going to bed." She mumbles as she leaves, Brett following.

"I just wanted to say goodnight, I'm sorry I ruined whatever was going on." Leo shrugs.

"Nothing was going on," I lay down, pulling the blanket over my head. I wasn't sure I could take this. The more I try, the more I'm told to give him space I want him more.

"Ax, you can talk to me." The blanket lifts and he finds his way up to me. "Do you like her?"

"What? You think I like her?" I turn to face him, his features soft.

"If you do it's okay, we can forget this whole me thing. I don't want to get in the way of your happiness."

"No," I cut him off, my hand touching his chest, I rub my thumb slowly across his soft skin. "No we don't have to do that, you come first, you always come first." I back step, swallowing my feelings. Because if I admit I don't like her then is that admitting I'm not into girls? I mean she's pretty, sweet, fun, it doesn't make sense.

"Are you sure?"  He mumbles, eyes looking down. I wanted to see him happy, I wanted him to be mine.

"I said you can kiss me whenever you want, I meant it." Our eyes meet when I speak, making me get chills. I could feel the tension.

"It doesn't bug you at all? I mean, if you get uncomfortable because of me I'd hate myself."

"I'd rather makeout with you than watch you do it with someone else, L" my hand drops, finding his and holding it. I was half expecting him to laugh, because we hold hands all the time. We're supportive and loving to eachother. "That way I know no one can hurt you." I lean closer to him, brushing my nose on his.

"It's always these damn moments." He groans and I feel his hand tighten in my grasp. There it was again, the 'always'. It rings in my ear for a split second until my body fills with tingles and my mind is shocked into reality.

He had kissed me on the lips this time, a hand holds the back of my neck and his body moves toward me. My hand runs up his shirt and his back. It may have been more than a side kiss, but it was still only one. I wasn't exactly sure if I was going to be able to let it stay that way.

"Axe, promise you will stop me if you're uncomfortable." He whispers, my body responding before I can make my brain work. Our nose already touching made it easy to lean in and kiss him. His soft lips molding to mine like mush as I let the kiss linger. He responds by kissing me back until I feel tongue, that's when I lost myself in him.

We kissed for longer than I was able to keep track of, the longer it went on the hotter it got. His hands run down my back, pressing me closer, and I feel him. I felt every single inch that he was showing.