9

It's the week after exams. The sun beaming down on us as we all hangout at the park together. A short camping trip Moxi and Lydia planned. It felt like summer was actually starting to pick up everyone's mood. Leo was laying on top of the picnic table, one knee bent over the other in the air, he taps along to the beat of the music playing from a speaker we brought.

Moxi poured rosé into five glasses, Lydia grabs the bottle when's she's done and takes a large sip.

"You're going to grow up into an alcoholic." Brett scrunches his nose up in slight disgust. Lydia stares at him, eyes beaming into his head as she takes a large chug.

"Okay, dad. What am I five? I'm already am alcoholic."

"Lyd!" Moxie grabs the bottle from her hands. Leo lifts his glasses as he looks over at the commotion, grinning at Lydia.

"Pass the bottle, day drinking is in." He sits up, swinging his legs over the wood table, taking the bottle from Moxie and chugging for himself. Watching him do it make me a little more willing, reaching for the next sip. He smirks at me as he passes over the bottle.

"It's not funny guys, alcohol poison is nothing to joke about." Moxie takes the bottle from me after I chug as much as I can, the tip being yanked out of my mouth, rosé spills all over our blanket on the grass.

"Dip shit, you wasted it." Brett groans and grabs a piece of cheese from the container of snacks Moxi brought.

"Brett why don't you and Leo grab the extra napkins from the car." Moxi crosses her arms, sending him a look. Without wanting to disturb the grouch the two simply agreed and walked off to the car. "I hope he actually shoots his shot." The bottle is corked and she hands Lydia and me a glass.

"I agree, they would be so cute together." Lydia sips her Rosé and lays back on the grass. I look off toward the car, a frown evident on my face. I could feel my body growing warm and it was taking all my strength not to go after him.

"Wanna go for a swim?"  I'm snapped back into reality and look up to Moxi holding her hand out. Honestly, any sort of distraction would be better than watching this.

"I'm tanning." Lydia lifts her sunglasses slightly to look at us, "you kids have fun." She smirks at us, closing her eyes.

I'm dragged off gently toward the water and as we get closer to where the end of the park and the sand meets, Moxie slips her shirt off over her head. Next were her pants.

"It's odd how much the weather affects us," she skips onto the dock, doing a little twirl as she happily giggles. "Come on!"

"I'm not sure I'm in the mood to swim." I catch up to her on the dock.

"Seriously, I feel like we never get to spend time together anymore. It's so hard to keep friends around now a days." She rolls her eyes and stands at the end of the dock.

"Moxi," I groan, lifting my arms to cover from the splash as she jumps in.

"Brett said him and Leo were getting along really well you know?" She leans up over the dock with her arms. "Please don't ruin this for him, I know Leo is your bestfriend, Axe, but you can't just keep him to yourself forever." I sit down, legs handing off the dock.

"I'm sorry I've been distant." I mumble, looking down at her. She was pretty, light freckles over her cheeks and two long braids in her hair. She wasn't wrong, the entire time we have been at college we have been so glued together that I'm not so sure we made enough room for our bee friends. And friends are everything, right?

"You do that a lot, that overthinking, lost look of yours. You're lucky it's cute." She hops out of the water and moves her braids to her front, playing with the bottom of one.

"Lost look?" I chuckle at her and she smiles back at me.

"Yeah, it's like puppy dog eyes but off into the distance. It's very uh, dreamy." She shrugs her shoulders and looks behind her. "Maybe we could give them a little more time alone too, atleast tonight?" She looks at me and hugs herself.

I knew what she was saying was right, and if I really did care about Leo I'd want what's best for him. I had a beautiful girl sitting next to me half naked and yet I can't get Leo off my mind. I watch her shiver and immediately take my shirt off, handing it to her.

"Leo, you don't have to." She blushes and giggles when I put the shirt over her head for her. "Well I guess I don't have a choice." She smiles wide at me, and I knew I had to listen to her.

"Look out!" I hear a loud scream, and Leo running directly at us down the dock. Brett follows close behind as they race.

Moxi screams when they scream and we both duck, letting them jump over us.

"You totally cheated!" Brett groans when they come up from the water.

"You're just mad that I'm a better runner." Leo laughs and looks over at me, then to Moxie. His smile falls slightly, and he dips his head under water again. "Yeah so we should have a fire tonight or something." He swims back to the dock and passes it, walking up to the sandy part of the park.

"That's definitely happening." Brett climbs up the dock  beside moxie and  she smiles at me, us all getting up and helping Lydia pack up the picnic.