Flavour .1

I never thought it would happen to me, but I guess that's not the first time someone has felt like that. I was being replaced. Philip and Harry were fighting over which Slushi combination was better and Leah was taking her turn rolling the ball down the lane.

She had in insisted on everyone meeting her new treasure of a boyfriend. Apparently it matters what we think about him even with a sour taste in our mouths. How could we approve of her dating some college football player while we just finished highschool a month ago.

This was supposed to be our summer, not theirs. This was supposed to be the last summer we got with the crew before Harry moved an hour away. Mom said I was being dramatic, but Harry was going to be the best wingman.

"Raspberry is way better than blue raspberry, Har." Philip sits down beside me and pushes his straw toward my mouth.

"Bull shit!" Harry giggles and relaxes on the opposite sitting area. Did I mention we snuck in a small bottle of vodka? One which they did not tend to leave with.

"Blue raspberry is an artificial thing, Harry." I take a sip of Philips Slushi and turn to watch Leah on her last turn. She screams in joy, hugging her new boy toy, whatever his name was. "But it's still kind of awesome."

"This is why you should just move into my dorms and commute every day. We get along way better than you and Philip. " Harry winks at me, Philip puts an arm around my neck and pulls me closer to him.

Did I mention Philip was bi?

Other than having great taste and an alluring smile, he really could pull just about anyone he wanted. Never once did he try on me tho, that was against the rules. But being affectionate was okay, it was who he was. Who we all were.

"Screw off you just want to steal him away from us." Philip lays his head on my shoulder, sticking his tongue out teasingly. I giggle in response and take another large sip of his drink.

"You're up!" Leah reaches for my hand, I smile and get up, walking over with her. "Good luck beating me, Seb." She crosses her arms and gives me a challenging grin. I smirk back at her, looking up at her almost perfect score.

I grab the ball and lime my feet up on the triangles laid across the floor. My eyes meet with the pins and I orange forward, my food slipping slightly and I let go of the ball down the lanes. My hand goes up in the air and stays there as I wait for the ball to hit.

A single pin wobbles and falls to the side. Snickers fill my ears and I turn to Leah and her new boyfriend. She elbows him and they both stop laughing. I hated him already.

"Screw this." I walk back over to my seat beside Philip and hide my head in his arm.

"Seb it's a tactic, they want you to feel bad." He puts his Slushi down and gets up. I groan as he holds my hand and drags me toward the bowling area again. "Come on, grab the ball."

"Yeah Seb, grab the ball." Leah raises a single brow at me and my hands turn into fists. We always poked fun at eachother, but when we are competing it's a whole new level.

"Shut up, I bet he handles balls better than you do." Philip spits and Leah pouts toward her boy.

"Emery!"

"Uncalled for guys," Emery was his name, I thought. As if I'd remember it once again.

"No one asked you tho," I take the ball from Philip, our hands touching as he gives me a concerned look.

"You've got this." He whispers, sharing a soft smile. I nod, turning to the pins and aggressively throwing it down the isle. "Or not." He holds back a laugh when I walk back to him, the ball went straight in the gutter. His hands hide in his pockets and I lean on him, waiting for him to hug me back.

"Are they like, a thing?" Emery asks Leah quietly. Philips arms wrap around me tightly and I refuse to play again.

"Nah," Harry steps in, eating a few nachos. "We just like actually care about eachother." He spits with a linger and it makes me smile. I could tell Emory felt bad.

"Harry!" Leah groans and I feel an extra pair of hands around my body. "You're not actually mad at me are you?" She whispers, a light blush on her cheeks when I pull away from Philip to see her.

"For challenging me at a game only you're good at? Nah." I glare at her, a look of concern washes over her face. "Leah I'm joking, I can't be mad at you."

"Promise?" Her eyes light up and I nod, being squeezed extra hard.

It was obvious Leah's team won, but that didn't matter anymore. We were all buzzed walking down the sidewalk toward the pier in mid daylight. I stretch my arms out allowing the sun to hit me. Harry let's put an exasperated sigh and I smile.

"It's literally such a perfect day." Philip grabs Harry's hand and they walk ahead of us, swinging their hands together with extra emphasis. I smile at the two, Leah running up to them and jumping on Harry's back. Nothing could ruin this moment.

"So you guys are always this affectionate?" Emery reaches up, scratching the back of his head. My eyes land on his biceps, I force a smile. He's a jock, he has no business fitting in with our crew and yet Leah insists he joins us. My eyes fall to his shirt, navy blue, basic t. He also had no taste in clothes, but then again neither did I until Philip harassed me through completely redoing my wardrobe. I still didn't like Emery, he didn't fit in.

"Yeah." I mumble, my walking picking up but it hardly seemed to affect our distance with his large strides.

"So-, oh." He starts but stops as I bend down to tie my shoe.

"Go ahead I'll catch up." I untie and re tie my perfectly fine shoe as he waits for me. I was annoyed enough, he wouldn't leave me alone. I took a moment before fully sprinting past him and catching up to Philip, hugging his waist. If Leah left me with him alone again I'd disown her as a friend.

Jocks were not it.

Been a while since I posted an Author note.

I made this one into a separate book (: go to my profile and you will see 'Flavour' there is already a second part up. Let me know what you think!!