▪︎A Huge One▪︎

5 years later...
The atmosphere was peaceful as I was at the backyard hanging up the newly washed laundry. Suddenly I could hear the sound of laughter getting closer and closer, I turn around to see Rowan and his sister, Nariko playing tag in the living room. They shouldn't make such a mess because Oikawa is gonna be back soon with the takeaways. What's better than to have McDonald's for breakfast, am I right?

"Have you guys showered yet?" I ask them once I was done hanging up the clothes.

"Yes mom!" Rowan was standing by the end of the sofa and Nariko was standing at the other end. I could tell they were debating on how to run away or how to the tag the other.

"Come on and sit with your mother" I sat on the sofa and they were staring at each other.

"Fine we'll continue this later" Rowan sighs as they ended up sitting next to me on both sides.

"You guys already know why I'm doing this...right?" I ask but they were staring at me dumbly.

"Is it because of how happy dad looked today?" Rowan tilt his head slightly to the right.

"He even gave me kisses. BLEH!" Nariko stick out her tongue in disgust.

"That's because it's his birthday..." I explained and Rowan's eyes went wide in complete shock.

"Daddys too old for birthdays" Nariko spoke her mind. Well...is he though? Hes just in his twenties.

"Who says old people can't have birthdays?" Rowan said and now they're just glaring at one another.

"Okay listen. I have an idea, let's throw him a surprise party. Mommy's friends are already on preparing the decorations. What we have to do is just trick daddy into thinking we forgot his birthday" I said and they both immediately agree to the idea. That was easier than I thought.

"Oh I think that's his car" I got off the sofa and they quickly went in the dining room to pretend they were waiting for Oikawa this whole time.

"Honey I'm home~!" Oikawa open the door with two bags of McDonald's in his hand. I can already smell it!

"I've always wanted to say that..." He mumble to himself as he place the bags on the dining table. Rowan and Nariko stare at it with hunger seen on their eyes.

"Thanks dad!" They both were about to take the things out until I slap their hand away. Let me do this before any of you drop the food. I'm not gonna risk it!

"I want the grape juice!" Rowan shouts when he realise Nariko was reaching for it

"No I want it!" Nariko shouts. Oh dear...

"I'll go get the cups" Oikawa went in the kitchen to get them for me. I pour the juice into two cups and I even made sure to measure them before handing it to Rowan and Nariko.