6

Walking back into the arcade Naomi was met with the sounds of comical voice overs, character voices, coins dropping, balls being thrown and rowdy teenagers. It was to be expected. She was making her way back from the bathroom after getting a lift with Ollie and Aimee to the arcade. Ollie drove them since Aimee knew that Naomi would find any excuse not to come.

She wasn't sure why Aimee so desperately wanted her to come tonight. Yes, she made it clear from her last remark the other day that she wanted this to be a triple date, but Aimee had no clue of her and Theo's past. Even with Ollie probably being told everything on Theo's end, she still seemed pretty clueless about everything, she barley even knew Tiana.

As Naomi manoeuvred her way through the neon, luminous isles of games, she found Aimee and Ollie sat at a table by the bar in the corner of the arcade.

"Naomi!" Aimee called out, calling her over to their new found spot whilst she was in the bathroom

"Hey guys"

"You alright Naomi?" Ollie asked

"Yeah I'm good, what about you Ollie"

"Not too bad. This one here, is a bit excited for today" he nodded towards Aimee, who was smiling down at her phone, clearly getting updates on when Theo, Tiana and Elijah were arriving

"I can see..." Naomi trailed off

"So Naomi are you excited for your date with Theo!" Aimee sang

Naomi inwardly cringed at the word date. For starters, she'd never even been on a date before and second of all she certainly didn't want her first to be a forced gathering at an arcade with a boy she didn't even fully trust yet. She didn't want to get involved in something she wasn't ready for and Aimee wasn't helping.

"It's not a date" Naomi stated

"Okay, fine. A group meet up, with two couples and two very single people, who I personally think would work well together" Aimee winked

Naomi looked over at Ollie with pleading eyes, wanting him to shut Aimee up already. She couldn't deny Aimee was a great friend but when it came to relationships she did get too carried away.

"Aimee, this is merely a friendly meet up, which you forced on me" Naomi reminded

"But Naomi you and Theo-" Aimee started with sad eyes

"Would you ever go on a date with Theo?" Ollie jumped in

"No"

"Why?" He asked, surprised after seeing them in the gym together. Although a part of him wasn't due to her and Theo's history. He knew that Theo broke her trust and judging by her quick answer, he concluded she was still hurting from it. He wanted to know what was going through her head, he wanted to hear her side of things.

"Because..." she started, not knowing how to word that she didn't trust Theo. That she was having sex with him secretly, but she didn't trust him to take her on a date because she didn't do relationships and her and Theo were complicated enough. She wanted to give him a chance, but she needed time. She wasn't running away from things, she was just taking things slow this year, well she's trying to but her hormones and Theo constantly touching her wasn't helping.

"Because of what?"

"Because he's arrogant, cocky, annoying and untrustworthy" Naomi sighed, hoping that would feed Ollie's appetite on wanting to know about her and Theo, whilst Aimee had gone off to the bar to order herself something.

When she thought back on what she just said, she couldn't help but admit majority of the things she just named off were the reasons why she liked Theo. Yes, she liked Theo. She wasn't denying it, but she wasn't admitting it to him just yet. She had given him her body already so many times, she wasn't about to give him her heart just yet.