13

Watching Tiana brush over Elijah's waves, Theo couldn't help but be jealous. He was jealous of the small task at hand Tiana was doing, but it was so intimate between the two of them. How Elijah sat in between her legs, not caring about anything other than her hand which cradled his cheek, with the pad of her thumb moving in circles, comforting him, whilst her other hand brushed his waves.

How he leaned into her touch. How she kept asking him reassuringly whether he was comfortable on the floor, with him answering yes with no hesitation because he'd rather that, than her have to stand because he cared more for her comfort than his own.

He was jealous of their relationship, how one second in first year, Elijah was telling him that him and Tiana were getting to know each other and next Tiana was telling him that they were girlfriend and boyfriend. He was jealous that they were happy, but him and Naomi couldn't even work things out because he kept saying the wrong things and she was holding back because of something. Something he would want her to open up about, but knew she wouldn't because the last time she opened up to him he used it against her and he hated himself for it.

Currently, he was at Elijah's house with him and Tiana. It was now, only three days into his and Naomi's 'break' and it was taking a toll on him. He wanted to reach out and message her, see her, but he couldn't, because all he'd would do if he saw her, is beg for her to give him another chance. Even thought they didn't call, text or FaceTime that much when they were good, he still liked having that ability to be able to contact to her at any point. He had been spending a lot of time at Elijah's, because he didn't want to go home and walk back into the same room where he fucked up. Where Naomi had left him.

"Yo, you good Theo?" Elijah asked

"Well, no" he laughed bitterly

"Nah, I mean besides the whole Naomi situation?"

"Well there's nothing else besides Naomi, she's everything. She's my everything and I keep fucking up" he stressed, remembering when he woke up the morning after his drunken FaceTime call, turned into inperson argument, he was left in Naomi's empty bed, with a note ontop of his phone, which read 'Morning Theo, I didn't leave you. I just couldn't face waking up next to you because we both know we wouldn't of gotten out of bed. This is the beginning of our break. I promise that I'm not seeing anyone else. I'm just taking time to myself. I'll obviously see you around because of our friendship group. I don't know when this break will be over, but it won't last forever. - Naomi x'

He had found his clothes folded up, and dry from the rain. Along with the second option of taking some of Naomi's very oversized clothes instead. He shook his head, smiling at the fashion student in her, forever giving him multiple outfit choices. He decided to take his own clothes because if he took hers, it would be a reminder of how much he fucked up and missed her.

Then he had found paracetamol, along with a bottle of water for him, in case he had a hangover. He took it, writing a thank you note and left the house.

"Theo I'm gonna be blunt with you. You need to start over" Tiana stated

"Start over?" He asked

"Yes, act as though first year and these past few months never happened-" Tiana started

"You want me to move on and forget Naomi? You know I can't do that, if I could in the first place I would of done that time ago" Theo interrupted

"Theo listen to what Tiana was gonna say before you interrupted her" Elijah shook his head smiling at him

"Thanks baby, but yes Theo before you interrupted me. I was going to say, act as though none of that every happened. I want you to get to know Naomi. I want you to know her personality, understand her. Actually gain her trust and then you can sleep with her"

"So you want me to re-meet her?" He clarified

"Yes, like a normal couple would do, because you two have gone through way too much and keep bringing up your past, which isn't helping either of you move forward and I hate seeing her upset"

"She's upset, fuck what did I do?"

"That's none of your concern right now, she'll tell you in due time, but for now your main focus is to get to know Naomi. To understand her. To rebuild her trust from the beginning. Because all you two are doing right now is using sex as a way to get through your arguments and that clearly didn't work"

"Baby, Theo has never even liked a girl like this before, he's a bit stuck if you can't tell by his facial expression right now" Elijah gestured to Theo with his eyebrows furrowed, trying to figure out how to get to know Naomi again

"Theo!" Tiana called out, to get his attention

Theo looked over at Tiana.

"Okay so obviously we all know Naomi doesn't do relationships for her own personal reasons, so it's clear that you can't ask her out on a date because she'll straight up say no, but me and Elijah have spoken and we thought it would be a good idea to get Aimee to start arranging more group meet-ups, without the pressure of you two getting together, just fun activities where we can all get to know each other. You know, like the arcade"

"Does-"

"I already know what you're about to ask, no Aimee doesn't and won't know anything of you and Naomi's history because Ollie doesn't want to get her hopes up because every time you two argue it'd either crush her or she'd get involved, where it isn't her place" Elijah informed

"Okay good"

"And I've also been talking to Drew more about our old joint flat not really hanging out together anymore and he said he'd be up to organise more stuff" Tiana explained

"And then gradually you'll be comfortable enough to hang out alone without it turning to sex snd you'll be on the same page for once. Then hopefully she'll trust you enough to make you two official"

"So basically no sex" Theo asked

"No sex" Tiana reiterated

"Shit" Theo cursed knowing that this was going to be hard

"What's shit?" Tiana asked

"Umm how long does one usually wait before they sleep with the girl they like and are getting to know?" Theo asked timidly, now realising how dumb he sounded

"Well there is no correct answer, but I would say for you and Naomi, to wait until at least December. It's currently the beginning of November, that gives you around four to five weeks"

Elijah began to laugh at the look on Theo's face. "I don't think Theo's ever waited that long to sleep with someone"

"Actually I didn't fuck nobody over summer, that was what... nine weeks?" Theo rebutdtaled

"See you can do it" Tiana smiled

"Well that was only because I wasn't around Naomi" he mumbled

"Theo, you're going to keep your hormones in check for the sake of yours and Naomi's future together, okay?! You both clearly want to be together or else you'd both would of given up a long time ago. So I want you to behave around her because god damn well knows that I've spent way too much time worrying about what's going on between you two" she stressed

"Alright, alright calm down Tiana. I'll behave" Theo laughed

"Great! Now you just have to go with the flow. Whenever you see Naomi, you see her. Don't actively seek her out until you two are at that point" Tiana explained

"Okay, got it" Theo reassured

"I hope this plays out well" Elijah mumbled, watching Theo finally smile after three days of grumpiness

"Me too. I don't want either getting hurt" Tiana sighed, kissing Elijah's forehead as he looked up at her.

"I love you baby" he smiled

"I love you too" she beamed