42

Glancing down at her phone after the call was abruptly ended, Naomi clenched her thighs together at what Theo had just told her he was going to do.

Shit I should probably let him know I'm not at home.

Wait didn't I already-Fuck, I don't even know. I'll just send him a text anyway.

Going over to their old text conversation, she quickly texted him.

Naomi - I'm at the pitch, training should be finished in twenty minutes, you can pick me up from there

She saw him instantly read the message, the thing was, she wasn't expecting him to reply, especially with how hoarse and deep his voice sounded.

He'd definitely had been shouting.

He'd definitely been in an argument.

But with who?

I hope everything's okay

Closing her eyes to stop her rushing thoughts, Naomi stopped worrying. She needed to stop worrying right now and get back to her task at hand.

Walking back over to stand next to Coach Hale, Naomi took a deep breath in, to calm her nerves of seeing Theo again. She didn't expect it so suddenly, but she wasn't complaining.

"All done?" Coach asked, referencing her sudden phone call

"Yep" she answered, pursing her lips not entirely sure how to continue the conversation - as she couldn't exactly say it was Theo or else he'd ask how he was and she couldn't tell him because she didn't know herself.

What am I meant to say, oh yeah it was Theo calling, something happened at home and now he's driving back to fuck me so hard that I definitely will be walking with a limp tomorrow, yeah...no.

All she knew was that he was clearly upset and needed her comfort tonight. Needed it in their way of comfort because words always failed them initially.

Breaking the awkward silence as the two of them watching the boys train, coach spoke, "I'm not going to lie to you Naomi - when Theo first put you up for this I didn't expect much, but within these five days and the fact that you've gotten the boys here everyday, still been going to your internship and ensuring the boys don't miss out on valuable time whilst Theo's away - I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised"

"I'm surprised how much better the team is doing, how you've changed a few things and made it actually work" he nodded to her

"Thank you Coach" she smiled, feeling proud of herself

"Now I know we still have that problem with Quinn, but that's nothing to worry about once Theo's back" He mentioned, earning a knowing shaking of the head from Naomi at the amount of times Mason Quinn seemed to forget that he was still a substitute

Watching Elijah sprint across the field and take the ball off of another player, crossing it into the box, the two of them couldn't help but smile at the team. "Yes Parker!" Coach shouted, turning back to Naomi as he continued

"I don't know where the hell Theo found you because I did not expect that boy to fall for someone during his time at uni, but I ask of you one thing"