44

Taking several deep breaths in to calm her breathing, Naomi pushed one foot infront of the other, into the hospital.

She didn't mind hospitals, but she definitely did find them intimidating when you didn't know whether it was going to be good news or bad news when you entered from when you left.

But today wasn't really about good or bad news, it was about answers. Answers from someone in particular, Sebastian.

She had chosen to see him, not because she missed him or anything, but because she wanted answers. She'd wanted them from back in first year, answers for everything - why he was so perfect and then it all came crashing down because of one mistake - well not mistake, but unfaithful act, why he had that sudden burst of anger and thought it was okay to hurt her physically. Did he always have this anger, had he hit other girls? Why he told Theo that they had slept together when they hadn't. Was he truly a good person and that was just one mistake?

Room 2283, this is it

Knocking on the door, she waited to hear that oh so familiar voice, which made a wave of anxiety flow through her.

Taking a deep breath, she held the door handle down and pushed the door open.

I can do this...Just breathe

As she walked in, she could hear the repetitive beeping of the monitors, displaying Seb's vitals. She could see the body of the boy she once thought was amazing. And she saw his green eyes staring right back at her.

He looked the same, but just more pale - probably due to him being kept in the hospital so long for detoxing.

Yes, his drug abuse got that bad that the hospital knew they needed to keep him in for longer to stop him from killing himself with all the alcohol and drugs he was repeatedly putting into his system to feel numb.

"Nomi?" Seb questioned, believing his eyes were deceiving him, as she nodded her head, stepping further into the room on wobbly legs, wincing at the nickname that fell from his lips

"You came?" He asked, shocked as his eyes followed her to the end of his bed

"We came" Theo corrected, stepping into the room behind Naomi, not missing the immediate frown on Sebastian's face as soon as he realised she wasn't alone.

How could he leave Naomi alone with him, when he quite literally saw Seb's heart skip a beat when he saw Naomi. No, literally, on the monitor for his heart, it skipped a beat at the sight of Naomi. He clearly still liked her, a lot.

"Theo" Seb nodded towards him, being cordial infront of Naomi, knowing not to start anything considering he was the reason he was in hospital in the first place

"Sebastian" Theo stated, also being cordial for Naomi's sake

Naomi couldn't help but feel suffocated by the macho competition between the two boys. The testosterone was basically swarming the room.

"Seb" Naomi called out, getting his attention away from Theo, not missing how this felt like back in first year when he had caught her and Theo in the laundry room together when her feelings first started to get messy.

Seb smiled at her still using his nickname.
"You still call me Seb?" He smiled

Naomi looked away from his eyes as she had to gulp down the sob bubbling up in her throat at the fact that he was acting so normal with her. That he seemed almost happy that she still called him Seb. Almost as if he still had hope for the two of them being together again.