Chapter 44

"I'm going to go on a walk," I informed Louis as we were in town shopping.

"Will you be fine alone?" He asked me.

"Yes and I also don't want to be surrounded by the smell of coffee and sweaty men anymore, I also need to buy some private things" I explained since we are in a small shop where you can buy coffee beans.

Louis then sniffed himself.

"You smell good, don't worry, I was keeping close to you on purpose" I reassured him.

He blushed a little "Well just come back in twenty minutes or I will come to find you" Louis informed me "And may I ask what you're buying?"

"What Moran keeps trying to steal, I'm buying them now so the boys don't try and come with me" I explained.

Louis blushed even more knowing I'm buying undergarments for myself "Be s-safe" He stuttered and looked away from me.

"Looks like your imagination is having fun" I commented and he covered his face making me laugh "You do remember you help me change sometimes, right?"

"Yes but I'm simply focused on making sure you are wearing something comfortable that won't put pressure on your leg," He told me with a serious tone.

"You're to sweet" I grinned "I will be careful."

Once I finished shopping I was going back to the coffee shop but there was a large group of people in front of a court building blocking the pavement "How am I going to get past? Louis will get his own underwear in a twist if I don't come back soon" I sighed.

"Miss, do you want me to help you for a hefty sum?" Some kid grinned at me.

I laughed "Sure, here" I gave him a gold coin and he was in awe making me laugh.

"I will do my best miss!" He yelled and held out his hand to me.

He helped me down onto the road and he stopped the carriages and took me along the side of the stationary carriage "Oi, he's coming out!" Someone yelled.

"Mr Whiteley, this is the third time you have proposed your election reform bill! Assuming your bill passes the House of Commons, it seems evident that it will be defeated in the House of Lords!" We heard another voice.

Once we got around to the front side of the carriage I looked to see all the people are either reporters or nobles surrounding one man.

There were a few commoners but they were pushed to the back.

"I knew that there would be such opposition before even proposing the bill, however for the sake of the nation's development, the right to vote must be extended to all citizens in the working class to that end, I will see to it that it is enacted during this session no matter what!" Whiteley exclaimed.

"It's him, he is aiming for equality" I hummed.

He started to walk to his carriage "Do you have some strategy to wear down the House of Lords?" Another reporter asked.

"I will convince them somehow you can count on that!" He promised with full confidence.

"Miss, we should get up on the pathway" The kid pulled on my hand.

"Oka-" I then smelled something familiar "Burning and that sound, there's a bomb under that carriage!" I yelled at the same time as Whiteley.

"Get away from the carriage at once! Quickly!" Whitley exclaimed.

The boy holding my hand froze in fear.

I picked him up and ran the best I could and the explosion went off sending us onto the pavement "Are you okay?" I asked the boy since he was shaking and crying.