Chapter 40

Afterwards, we were sitting outside as William was marking the exams "The lecture was boring, wasn't it?" William asked.

"Ha, no comment!" Sherlock exclaimed.

"He was busy staring at your bu-" Sherlock covered my mouth.

"By the way, Holmes why have you, the number one detective in London come all the way to Durham to talk with us about?" William asked.

"You should know by now, it's about the Lord of Crime" He answered.

"Was there any progress with the case?" I asked.

"Actually I have finally got a clear look at what his profile is" Sherlock answered.

"And you didn't speak to me about this before?" I mumbled offended.

"I was going to tell you before but you were busy so I didn't want to add to your stress" He panicked.

"I'm joking, thank you for your concern" I grinned and he blushed a little.

"You don't need to worry, I always have my eye on her" William spoke up making Sherlock smirk at him.

"Anyway in the streets, The Lord of Crime is being treated as if he were a criminal, nobody believes that he actually exists or that he's actually a criminal at all but I have a different theory" Sherlock informed us.

"The Lord of Crime definitely exists and my theory is that the Lord of Crime is a noble criminal!" Sherlock declared.

"A noble criminal?" William asked.

"So the Lord of Crime could be someone that has been victimised by my cane" I laughed.

"I rather that be untrue, I don't want you anywhere near them," Sherlock told me and I nearly started laughing but made it look like a cough.

William just grinned at me "Anyway there's no doubt about it they are a noble" Sherlock spoke up and slapped the table to get our full attention.

"Holmes, you are convinced that the Lord of Crime is a noble criminal, what are you going to do about it?" William asked.

"If the Lord of Crime is a noble criminal, on one hand, his work can be considered useful to the general public, and you have the option of overlooking it, on the other hand, there is the option of condemning the Lord of Crime for carrying out criminal acts without reason, which one is the better option? Hilmes" William asked.

"Even if those killed by the Lord of Crime had a good reason to be killed, as good as a reason it might be, that doesn't mean that it's okay to kill people for certain!" He exclaimed.

"So you're going to catch them?" I asked.

Sherlock smirked "Of course, the logical consequences of that, is that it means no matter what his purpose is, he's guilty! I will catch and condemn him, he will take responsibility for his crimes!"

"Yeah, that's right, as you should" Willaim nodded.

"Whether if you're noble or not means nothing, everyone should be treated equally for their crimes" I added.

"Very right (name), guilty people should be held accountable for their actions whether they are a noble criminal or not" William agreed with me.

Sherlock smirked "To be completely honest, I was a little lost before I came here" He admitted.

"Liam, (name)," He said my name shocking me a little since he always calls me Blue Rose "I'm glad I could talk to you both."

His sincereness made me blush a little and he looks so relaxed.