Chapter 54

Hudson let them in and when she came back she had a ladle as a weapon making me laugh a little.

Once Milverton and one of his men came into the room Sherlock stood in front of me protectively and Watson did the same for Mary.

"How good of you to come all the way here to my office, Mr Milverton" Sherlock greeted him with a smile.

"At last we meet again, Mr Holmes" Milverton smirked "And who is this gentlemen?"

"John H. Watson" Watson answered with an aggressive tone.

"Ah, you are Miss Morstan's fiance, this is quite the pretty business we are in, isn't it? Now then, I have called on you for but one purpose, I have received word that the treasure of Agra is at the bottom of the Thames" Milverton explained.

"Regarding that matter, could I ask you to verify for me that Miss Morstan's name is actually on that organisation's register?" Sherlock asked.

Milverton sighed but got it out and handed it to Sherlock.

He opened it and we saw her name and the sight made Mary faint, I helped support her as Watson caught her "Mary!" Watson yelled.

"Put her on the couch" I instructed of him and he nodded.

Milverton started to laugh loudly irritating my ears then there was a loud knock at the front door downstairs.

It didn't stop and only got louder making Milverton groan "Why don't you go answer the door? It's rude to keep a guest waiting" He looked to Hudson.

Hudson ran past him and I think she hit his ass with the ladle making me laugh and I hid my face in Sherlock's back so Milverton doesn't hear me.

Sherlock laughed himself and Milverton probably glared at him.

"You may have gathered that without the damning register, I would have no grounds to blackmail her in the first place, how unfortunate for you" Milverton grinned when I stepped out from behind Sherlock and looked at him.

"Its rare to see the little bird outside of its cage, I must warn you it's dangerous" Milverton smirked at me.

"I know so many men are falling for me" I sighed then giggled "But don't worry I know you aren't a threat more like a wall flower."

"See you can tell" Sherlock pouted seeing he has been whining at me that I have gotten to popular.

"Oh, stop whining, I'm not into snakes" I reassured him.

Milverton then coughed loudly since he feels neglected because all of his friends aren't really his friends since he blackmailed them all.

"Of course, what I handed you is a mere copy, the real list is securely in my safekeeping, now as to our negotiations, I haven't the slightest intention of ceding one inch of ground" He informed us "I will be staying at the Langham until noon on Saturday, you have until I leave the hotel."

"Do exercise your utmost to dredge the bottom of the Thames" Milverton then looked back to me "With Lady Pandora's help that might be possible but she has some business with me."

Sherlock was ready to punch him "Are you wanting her attention that badly? Well to bad, its all mine" Sherlock bragged.

"I do have something to say to you actually" I smirked shocking the others.

I went to go over to Milverton and Sherlock grabbed my wrist, I looked back to see he was very concerned "Don't worry" I gave him a smile and he let go of me.

I went over to Milverton and he looked a little unnerved that my smile hasn't faltered "Did you really not like me calling you a slimy snake?" I asked, "And you took quite a while to come after me, then instead, you went for someone else, is your eyesight bad or do I scare you?" I tapped his glasses.