𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 28

Another year passed and diane stayed by tobiramas side. But even after all this time diane still missed madara and thought about him each passing day. In the mornings when she was getting ready she only wore what madara would've liked to see her wear. She knew he was gone but each night she would sit at her window and look at the sky and wish he would come back to her. Even though she had a new master she would go back to madara any day. To her they had more than a bond. She loved the uchiha and she realized it 2 years after his death.

Tobirama and diane were currently at the front gates of the village. Tobirama had put together a group of certain skilled shinobi. They were going out on yet another mission.

"You ready diane?" Tobirama asked. Diane nodded with a smile. She started to glow and turned into her sword. Tobirama caught her sword since he didnt like how it just falls to the ground. The senju diane and the group all headed out.

Tobirama, diane, and the group were huddled in a circle behind a tree. Tobirama thought it was better for diane to be in her human form right about now.

Tobirama placed two fingers on the ground . "Were surrounded. There are...20 of them. Judging from their tracking skills I'd say they're from the hidden cloud. The highly skilled kinkaku unit". He said. "The hidden cloud". Diane said. Tobirama nodded.

"There are eight of us including you lord hokage and diane. Were completely outnumbered". One with glasses said. A girl them spoke. "Homura! Dont be such a coward". She then turned to tobirama. "The enemy hasn't pinpointed our position yet. We should lie in wait until we can find an opportunity to break through. Another then spoke. This one had the sharingan meaning he was an uchiha. This caught Diane's attention.

As he was talking diane stared straight into his eyes. she felt safe with those eyes. They reminded her of madaras. Diane snapped out of her thought and played attention. "One of us will have to divert their attention". The one with the sharingan said. A boy that had cat ears then spoke. "A decoy? It means certain death. So who?".

Everyone looked at each other nervously. Diane looked at tobirama who seemed to not be nervous at all. Diane then started to think of a way to try and avoid sending anyone out but nothing came to mind. Diane looked over and saw the boy named danzo slightly shaking. "Is he about to volunteer?" Diane thought as she looked at tobirama again who just had his eyes closed.

"One of these damn kids better volunteer. I'm not letting tobirama go I cant let him end up like my darling". "I will go!" The kid named sarutobi said. Everyone except diane and tobirama gasped. Diane moved her eyes to look at him without moving her head. She smirked unoticibly. Diane then looked at tobirama who had his eyes glued to sarutobi with the look like he was thinking. Everyone started to protest against him going

"Just let him go tobirama. I'm not about to let you sacrifice youself for these kids". Diane didnt care how cruel she was being. Tobirama was the hokage and her master she wouldnt let him die just to save 5 brats. "Dont worry! I may not look it but I know I'm better than any of you. I won't die". "Tuh. We got a real tough one dont we". Diane said causing all eyes to go to her including tobiramas.

"Diane". He said. "What I'm just saying. That tough act wont last long on the battlefield". Diane could sense the anger rising off the kids. "Enough diane". Diane just looked at danzo. His shaking stopped and she noticed it. Sarutobi put his hand on his shoulder. "Look after the others, danzo. I think you'll-". "Shut up! I was planning on volunteering! Dont try to steal the spotlight! I'll be the decoy!"

"Well if he wants to go to Yall can tag team it. Double homicide." Diane mumbled. Nobody seemed to hear that statement. Diane looked to the side.

"Self-sacrifice Is a shinobi duty!" Danzo said. "No I will go and be the decoy of course". Tobirama said. Diane froze. She slowly turned around "The hell did you just say?" Diane asked as she looked at senju with a death glare. "You all are the young will's of fire that will be defending our village in the futu-". "NO!". diane said as she stood up. Everyone turned to her.

"Dian-" a hard slap went across tobiramas face. Everyone gasped. He held his cheek as Diane grabbed his white fur around his neck tightly. "you bastard! You were there when my darling left me then died! You knew what his death as my master did to me and for you to sit here in my face and calmly say youll sacrifice yourself for a group of kids is bullshit!" Diane yelled as tears fell down her face.

"Dianes right! Your the hokage! There is no greater shinobi in the village than you!" Danzo yelled. Diane kept her fist tight and cried in front of the senju. Tobirama looked at danzo "you are always competing with saru over one thing or another. But what's necessary here is for you to unite and work together as comrades. Do not make this a personal fight. You Took to long to reach a decision. You must first look at youself rationally and know yourself. Otherwise you'll put your comrades in danger" Tobirama said.

"You two are still young so dont be hasty. Your time will come. Until that time stay alive". Diane pulled tobirama back to look at her. "Enough tobirama! Your not going to die here and that's finale! I'm suppose to protect you so your not just going to throw your life away in front of me for some kids!" Diane yelled. Everyone looked at diane.

"Diane..I'm not only doing this just for them im also doing this for you. If the enemy captures you they wont let you go and I couldn't live with myself if that happend" He said. "Your missing the point! I already lost one master two will destroy me!" "Seeing you get captured will hurt me more". tobirama said as he took diane hands off him and got up.

Diane then jumped on tobirama and hugged him tightly as if she wasnt letting go anytime soon. "Stop it tobirama! I'm not letting you go!" Diane yelled as she cried through her sentences. Tobirama turned to saru. "Saru... protect those who love the village and those who believe in you. Nurture those to whom you can entrust the next generation. Starting tomorrow your the hokage! Saru...protect the leaf!" Tobirama said.

Diane tensed at those words and cried even harder. "Tobirama what are you even saying right now! Are you just going to leave me like madara did! After everything weve been through does it mean absolutly nothing to you?!" Diane said as she hugged him even tighter.

"Diane.. do you remember last year when I told you how I liked a girl I met in my younger years. She was different and on the enemies side but I still found her beautiful". He asked. "What does that have to do with anything right now!"diane yelled into his chest. Tobirama met her eyes. "The girl I was talking about was you diane". Diane looked up and as soon as she did something soft and warm crashed into her lips.

Tobirama kissed her. Diane just stood there and didnt kiss back and after a few moments tobirama pulled back. It was Diane's first kiss and he just took it. She stopped crying and and stared at tobirama. "I'm glad I got to meet you diane and I apologize for putting you through so much those years ago". Tobirama said as he then looked at sarutobi and nodded.

Sarutobi then got up and pulled out a kunai and walked towards diane. Diane gave him a menace look let go of tobirama and kicked him away with force. But she would soon regret letting go of him. When she let go tobirama started to jump away.

Diane looked back and started to run after him. "NO TOBIRAMA PLE-" Diane's movements were stopped as the 6 kids held her back. "TOBIRAMA!" Diane screamed in agony as she fell back on the ground with the kids holding her. She could see his back getting farther and farther until her vision started to become blurry. Her whole body became heavy and she passed out.