𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 31

"Am I dead?" Obito thought as he slowly opened his eye. As his vision became clearer he saw an old man staring at him. Obito blinked as he fully opened his eye. "Where am i?" Obito asked. "In between this life and the next young uchiha." The old man said.

Obito looked at the old man eye he has a sharingan. "Those eyes! No way gramps your an uchiha too?" He asked. "Well perhaps" the old man replied. "He rescued me?" Obito thought. "You said were between this life and the next. Where are we? It's dark and I cant see so well". He asked as he looked around.

He looked back to the old man. "Anyways who are you gramps? Dont tell me you're death! The guy who escorts people to heaven or hell". As obito finished his sentence he looked down and saw a scythe. The old man was using it to get around.

"Nooo! I dont want to die yet! Help! I just saw a scythe or something! Your death for sure! One especially for the uchiha!". Obito started yelling and squirming around. The old man just glared at him. "Wait! I lived my life under a creed of helping elderly people in need! Sure I caused alot of problems and broke rules but I'm sure my scale tips on the positive side!" He continued yelling.

"Please don't take me to hell! Oww-" obito then felt pain. "The fact that you feel pain means you're still alive. However it's a miracle that you survived. I'm amazed you weren't completely crushed under those boulder. It's almost if you passed right through them". The old man said.

"Where did you find me?" Obito asked. "In an underground passageway I had created collapsed next to crumbled rock". The old man answered. "Still half your body had been crushed. I patched you up best I could". He said. "So you saved me gramps. Arigato". Obito said as he smiled.

"Its too soon to thank me. I expect you to repay your debt to me. After all helping the elderly is your motto right?" He said. "Well yeah. So what do you want me to do? Help you with bathroom stuff?". Obito asked. "That would be good". The old man answered.

"Sorry but I cant stay here forever! Now that I know I'm alive I can go back to the hidden leaf village! My sharigans finally awakened so I'll be able to protect my comrades even better!". Obito said.

"Protect your comrades better eh?" The old man said. Obito heard the sadness laced within his sentence. "What is it?" Obito asked. "With that body your life as a shinobi is over." The old man said. Obito then started yelling about protecting his comrades.

They both then stared at each other in silence. "Wake up to reality. Nothing ever goes as planned in this accursed world. The longer you live the more you realize that the only thing that truly exists in this reality are merely pain suffering and futility". The old man said.

"What's with this old man?" Obito thought. "Listen to me.. whenever there is light shadows will also be found. As long as there are Victor's there will also be losers as well. The selfish desire for peace initiates war. And hatred is born in order to protect love. These are all nexuses casual relationships that cannot be separated. Normally that is". He said.

"The old man's on a roll. Old people ramble on forever once they start". Obito thought. "Where are we anyway?". Obito asked. "Because you were hurt someone else was saved. Isnt that so?" The old man asked. Obito then remembered what happened to him.

"Shut up already! I dont want to stay here long! I have to-" obtio started but groaned in pain. "You can leave if you really want to. If your able to move that is". The old man said. The old man then proceeded to walk to his chair using the scythe as a cane. He had tubes connected from a giant tree to his back. "Wait a minute. Somethings off here. What's an old man with the sharingan doing here alm by himself? I know all the gramps and grannies in the village and If I never seen him around it means hes not a leaf shinobi. Which means.." obito thought as he looked at the old man.

"Gramps..I bet...your a rogue ninja arent you! Just who are you?!" Obito asked. The old man kept walking to a chair and sat down. "I am...an uchihas ghost. I am madara uchiha." He said said. Obito eyes widened. "By madara you mean madara uchiha as in my ancestor?! That madara was supposed to have died ages ago! What era are we talking about?" Obito yelled.

"So your more likely to believe I'm death?" Madara asked. He then smiled. "I guess I am death in a sense..for this reality truly is hell. I'm a cheater of death who would be dead in no time if I hadn't been saved and brought closer to here by a certain someone and if I weren't siphoning chakra from the godo statue behind me".

Obito eye widened. He then proceeded to flop out of the bed. "I'm going home!". He yelled as he dragged his body across the ground by his chin. "I wouldn't bother. There are no exits here. Neither you nor I can leave this place. At least not with out bodies". Madara said. Obito stopped and glared at madara.

"If you move the synthetic tissue of hashirama that I went to the trouble of attaching to you will peel off. Do you want to die". Madara asked. Obito continued dragging his body while madara watched.

"There are a alot of things I'd like you to do for me. I went to great pains to save you. dont rush you to your death." Madara said. Obito stopped and looked at him. "What do you want? What could a geezer like you want from a brat like me?!" Obito yelled.

"To sever the fate of this world. A world of only Victor's..a world of only peace...a world of only love. I will create such a world with someone important by my side". Madara said as he thought of diane. "So what! Who cares! I just want to go back to everyone!". Obito yelled.

"I told you things don't go as planned. You'll realize that in time. if you really want to die so badly then go ahead but I'll be taking that sharingan of yours". Madara said. Obito looked at madara. "Why do you want my eye?! You have your own sharingan!". Obito asked.

"My original eyes are on loan to another. This one is a spare I transplanted later. If like to have a few more in stock.." madara said as he moved his hair revealing his missing right eye. Obito kept dragging himself thinking about his teammates. "I'm alive!".