TREAT YOU BETTER

AUTHOR NOTE: Hey guys!!! This one will be another Merthur story, it is set in modern day times and will mainly be from Arthur's P.O.V. This story has DOMESTIC ABUSE so please don't read if you are triggered by this it will be in italics so you can avoid it and read the rest instead. As always read the top and let me know what you think in the comments. LOVE YOU GUYS!!! MWAH!!!

MERLIN 

He sprinted down the hall trying to get as far away from Mordred as he could knowing that if he caught up with him he might actually kill him this time, with shaking hands and blurry vision he grabbed his phone and hit speed dial. 

He ducked as something shattered over his head cursing as he shielded his face as shards of glass sliced into his skin, he didn't dare turn around as it would cost him precious seconds and he needed all the time he could get. He knew he should have kept his mouth shut, as soon as his boyfriend had come home he knew that he'd had a bad day just from the glare he had received but he had asked anyway wanting to know if he could go to Arthur's game and Mordred had lost it. 

Mordred hated Arthur because they had known each other since they were kids and had gone to the same college etc. Merlin was always with Arthur they were best friends but Mordred was insanely jealous and it probably didn't help that people kept shipping them together. Mordred had flat out asked if Merlin was in love with Arthur and the question had stunned him so much that he hadn't answered and Mordred had took his silence as a yes which sent him into rage. Ever since Mordred had started working at the casino in town his boyfriends temper had been allowed to flourish under the new boss. The owner saw Mordred's temper as a way to scare people into giving up their money faster and had made Mordred his bookie. 

Mordred was bellowing behind him as he skidded into the bathroom and slammed the door locking it behind him seconds before Mordred thudded into the other side. Merlin backed away in fear as the door shuddered from the pounding and didn't realise that Arthur had answered until he heard the voice coming from his phone, he slid down against the farthest wall from the door bringing his knees up to his chest as he brought the phone to his ear. 

"Merlin what's going on are you ok?" Arthur sounded frantic and Merlin chocked on a sob as he tried to answer, he knew he was running out of time as the wood started to splinter. 

"Arthur?" barely audible and winced as Mordred put his fist through the door. 

"What was that?" his friend sounded worried and Merlin wasn't sure how to answer. 

"He's going to kill me" Merlin sobbed into the phone and he could almost hear Arthur stand up at attention. 

"Where are you?" Arthur asked immediately and Merlin could hear the distinct yell of Arthur calling for his father. 

Merlin was about to tell him when the door broke of its hinges and Mordred stormed into the bathroom making him whimper as he tried to go through the wall. Mordred snarled at him and grabbed his wrist twisting until his phone dropped out of his hand and there was a sickening crunch as his bones broke tearing a scream out of his throat.

Through the haze of pain he felt himself being dragged out of the bathroom by his hair Arthur yelling through the phone, Mordred stomped on his phone breaking it to pieces and threw him against the wall a feral look in his eyes. Merlin gulped struggling against his boyfriends hold as he slammed his head against the wall making him dizzy, he could feel blood trickling down his face and he blinked trying to clear his vision.