LIONHEART PART TWO

AUTHOR NOTE: Hey guys!!! This is part 2. Will Arthur get there in time or will Merlin have to save himself like always? There is a time skip of a week from the end of the last one and will all be set in modern day. As always leave a comment and let me know what you think.

TW: TOURTURE.

....

MODERN DAY 

AVALON

FREYA

Freya rolled her shoulders feeling a little foolish as Gwen finished strapping up her armour and she gave the former queen a questioning look when she stepped back to survey her work.

"How bad is it?" she asked and Gwen chuckled shaking her head in amusement.

"You look fine Freya"

She peered in the mirror and raised an eyebrow at her in disbelief "Gwen I look ridiculous" she fiddled with the vambrace on her arm the unfamiliar weight of the chainmail setting of her balance.

"You're as bad as Merlin" she cocked an eyebrow at her and Gwen snorted "He refused to wear armour too" she could feel her lips twitching in a smile.

"I always liked him in armour" she said wistfully.

"You and me both" she jumped not having noticed that Arthur had entered the room and he smirked. "He did look quite fetching in chainmail" Gwen agreed laughing at the shocked look on their faces.

"Oh that's right" Arthur laughed and they gave him an odd look "You used to have a crush on Merlin when he first came to Camelot" he explained still laughing and Gwen stuck her tongue out at him making Freya laugh.

"Yes well at least it didn't take me fifteen hundred years to realise that my soulmate was standing next to me the entire time" she said fondly shaking her head.

Arthur sighed but didn't dispute it and Gwen gave him a guilty look "I didn't mean....." he raised a hand and cut her off smiling sadly.

"Its true though"

He turned to Freya who was still fiddling with the new armour trying to get used to it and she jumped as he placed a comforting hand on her shoulder "You look good" she sighed feeling the tension drop from her shoulders.

"Oh so you'll listen to him but when I tell you that" Gwen huffs and she snorts. 

"You'll get used to the weight" he said gently readjusting the vambrace she had been fiddling with and she huffed in annoyance.

"I don't see why I have to wear this" she knew she was whining but she still hadn't gotten used to anybody wanting/trying to protect her other than Merlin.

"I just don't want you to get hurt" Arthur said quietly his voice full of old guilt and pain and she placed a hand on his cheek.

"Hey" she waited until he glanced up at her "Thank you. That means a lot" he blushed rubbing the back of his neck and took a step back causing her to roll her eyes and smirk.

Even after fifteen hundred years together he still wasn't any better at receiving compliments.

There was a knock on the door and they all tensed each going for a weapon until they heard Morgana's voice and they shared an amused look before opening the door, apparently they were all a little anxious not that she could blame them with what she had planned later.

Morgana entered followed by the rest of the knights and she looked them over noting that they were all in their old armour though the red cloaks had been discarded and she couldn't help but laugh at the picture they would make once they reached the surface.