A CHRISTMASTIDE FESTIVAL

AUTHOR NOTE: Hey guys!!! MERRY CHRISTMAS 🎄🎅🎄 this is a little story I came up with like an hour ago its just a little something for the holidays. LOVE YOU ALL!!! ENJOY THE NEW YEAR 🥰😍😘

.....

MERLIN

Merlin sat at the table with an exhausted sigh Gwen quickly following suit looking just as tired as he felt and they shared a strained smile, they had both been up at the crack of dawn running around the castle making sure that everything was ready for the celebration tonight.

The entire castle was now decorated with evergreen garlands peppered with snow white flowers and red berries, some of the Christmas trees were decorated with silver and gold while others were decorated with red and gold, (in the throne room Arthur's and Morganas chambers) every room had a roaring fire and the banquet hall was covered in mistletoe that someone (Morgana) had insisted upon.

And all of this had been done today with Merlin and Gwen overseeing things hence their current state of exhaustion.

Merlin could barely keep his eyes open as he rested his head on his arms fighting a yawn and only jolting to attention when he heard the door to the banquet hall open, Gwen gave a small yelp and he realised that she had been dozing just like him and they shared a chuckle before turning to find a young serving girl rushing towards them.

"Guinevere?" Gwen groaned quietly giving Merlin a 'seriously' look before standing up and smiling at the girl.

"Yes? What is it Kara?"

"The girls would like to know where to place the wreaths of holly and the bouquets of Christmas rose and rosemary?"

Gwen sighed her smile going strained giving Merlin the impression that she had been asked that question a lot today.

"The bouquets are to be placed in the guest rooms and the holly wreaths are to be placed on the doors"

The young girl nodded and turned to leave when she paused and glanced back "All the doors?" Gwen sighed and shook her head "No just the ones that lead to the outside"

"Thanks they thought it was the other way around"

Kara left and Gwen sat back down with a huff and Merlin couldn't help but laugh at the pained expression on her face.

"It's not funny Merlin I swear I've been repeating the same things all day, this goes there, no don't put that there, blah, blah, blah"

Before Merlin could say anything the doors opened again but this time it was George and it was Merlins turn to groan and Gwen smirked at him.

"Merlin there you are"

"George"

"The cook wants to know if Arthur has any requests for the feast tomorrow night"

Merlin blinked his mind going blank, with everything he'd had to do today to get everything ready food had completely slipped his mind (literally as his stomach chose that moment to grumble) and he sighed grumbling under his breath as George raised an eyebrow at him.

"I will double check with him but as far as I know the menu hasn't changed"

George gave him a dubious look but shrugged and walked off.

"I swear it never ends" Gwen said watching him go.

"Tell me about it I can barely feel my feet and I still have to do my chores" Gwen gave him a shocked look.