ᵃ ᵇᵉᵃᵘᵗⁱᶠᵘˡ ᵐᵉˢˢ

the imagine that started it all, ya'll. if you've read my miles fairchild trilogy, then here's the imagine that originally inspired me to write the books. it was supposed to be a finn book but i changed it to miles cuz he's more interesting tbh lmaoo

as you can tell there is like no plot here cuz it was a draft but i hope you enjoy anyways <3

-

y/n and the crew came running into the room, ready to see who they had just saved; who this group of people were.

y/n stepped in first, glancing at the other group as they sat up from their spots on the ground.

as she strolled into the room her e/c eyes met familiar brown ones.

those deep, recognizable eyes that made her skip a heartbeat.

finn.

her pace slowed down as she fully entered the room, lightly gasping at the sight of him.

the man had also seen her eyes, his emotional disturbance was brought back.

here she was.

after almost two years.

the love of his life was in front of him.

he walked forward from the boys, his steps slow and short; not wanting to cross the invisible line between the two crews who were silently watching as the two lovers glared at each other.

finn's face filled with sudden relief and sadness. his eyes faltered, tearing up from shock, his hoarse voice softly spoke, "y/n?"

the girl also took small steps towards the boy, watching as he held back his tears.

"finn." she exhaled, her eyes watering as she felt her thick mascara and eyeliner drip off.

finn beamed, watching as y/n came closer as he did the same.

the two collapsed in a tight embrace, filled with love, adoration, and despair; rocking back and forth.

the rest of the crews awkwardly grazed around, no one speaking up for fear of discomfort or interruption.

y/n wrapped her arms around finn's neck, stroking his curly hair that was no longer purple and short with gentle care.

the two buried their heads into each other's shoulders, y/n reaching up while finn had to lean down.

finn sniffled as he pulled back from the girl, his eyes staring deep into her soul, "y/n, i thought about you everyday. everyday for almost 2 years; 56-

"-562 days, i know." she cut him off, finishing his sentence.

finn smiled at the girl, how she looked up at him with such need and longing.

"i never forgave myself for what happened to you... it should've been me who was taken, not you. i am so sorry, y/n. i love you."

her lips parted, startled at his confession, "you love me?"

the boy nodded, thickly gulping as he awaited her reaction.

"finn, i love you too." she smiled, softly chuckling through her cries.

her hands continued to stroke his hair, the two acting as if they were the only ones in the room.

"your hair." her voice cracked, once again noticing his natural locks.

"your hair." he snickered.

she laughed with him, leaning her head back on his chest as she weeped her eyes out.

he wrapped his arms around her once again, comforting the girl.

"you really look like some MTV punk now." he chuckled, wiping her tears off, "such a beautiful mess."

the two continued their giddiness, spending every second of time by being in skin to skin contact, the warmth of them being close to console them.

what they didn't know is that olivia stood there with envy.

is this the finn y/n talked about so much?

talked so highly about?

the one who supposedly tried to save her? who clearly couldn't.

she watched in jealousy as the two whispered sweet nothings into each other's ears, giggling ever so often.

that should be me.

olivia had to pull her eyes away, deciding it was best to leave the room for her own good.

caleb noticed as the girl ran off, wondering if he should go after her. he changed his viewpoint onto to finn and y/n, realizing they wouldn't pull apart from each other any time soon.

y/n looked up into finn's eyes, leaning up, their lips about to touch before caleb halted them.

"y/n." he called over to her, pulling her out of her lovey daze.

the girl turned around, seeing caleb.

"oh, uh-" she stammered, looking back over to finn, "finn, this is caleb, and that's olvi-"

she cut herself off once she realized olivia wasn't in the room with them.