ᵖʳᵉᵍⁿᵃⁿᵗ ᵖ. ²

heavily inspired by fear street since practically everything i write is
Also doesn't have much to do with the last chapter but I'm writing it anyways

Tonight was the first time I've seen him. Like, really saw him.

Sure, I had to endure painful months of filming while we both hated each other. As well as the co parenting thing. But this is the first time I've seen him when it was just us.

It was at the Stranger Things season 4 premiere. Almost two years after giving birth to my son, Oliver.

And about a year after we broke up.

We ignored each other's presences the entire night. Silently vowing to not come near or talk to each other.

Plus, he was with her.

The girl he started dating two weeks after we broke up.

Two weeks.

Two weeks after a almost three year relationship.

Two weeks, that's how fast it took for him to move on.

And as I stand here, watching everybody leave the premiere, I see him alone.

And I felt the need to talk. We left off on a very rough patch and neither of us has cared to fix the wound with some closure.

Instead we act like we're in middle school and drag all of our co stars into this mess.

Of course, most of them took my side, but still.

We were just so young. He was going though his own mental issues and I couldn't hurt myself whilst dealing with that.

I mean, can you really blame me? I'm not his mom! For fuck's sake, it's not even his mom's job to do!

I cant help someone whose sick in the head. I've tried, I really have, but it's not worth it.

Someone like a therapist would help. Not me.

But deep down I know he feels as if I left him when he needed me the most.

And I can't help but feel guilty.

And I find myself walking towards the man who stood all on his own, waiting outside for his cab.

His eyes widen and he's immediately taken back.

He gets defensive which really breaks my heart.

"Stay away from me." He says, his teeth gritted in anger, "I'm serious, Y/n."

I sigh, feeling the tears already pooling in my eyes, "Can we just talk for a second?"

"I'm done talking to you." He snaps, his eyes traveling down to his pockets as he pulled out an object and handed it to me, "Here."

I feel his cold clammy hand come into contact with mine for a split second and my heart skips a beat.

I look down at the boxed object, seeing that it was a mixtape.