ⁿᵒᵗ ᵗʰᵉ ᵖʳᵒᵇˡᵉᵐ ⁻ ᵐ.ᶠ

inspired by a certain show on netflix *wink wink* iykyk

I think my boyfriend's in love with his nanny. 

It started out casually, began like any other mentor and moody teenager relationship would. But then things began to change.

He looks at her in a different way now. Like she's the only one in the room. He attempts to flirt and charm the older woman with his stupid smirk. He sneaks into her room at night and pretends like I don't notice.

The other day I found her underwear in our room, along with a bunch of photos of her sleeping.

My boyfriend is most definitely smitten with the nanny.

I just don't understand why.

I mean, don't get me wrong. She's pretty, she really is. Short blond hair, crystal blue eyes, tall and content with everything around her. But... Brutally bland and average. She's just unspecial.

So why her, Miles?

He wasn't like this with Miss Jessel but I suppose maybe that's because Quint was the one to do that. Since the two are both gone maybe my poor Miles is just lost?

I surely hope that's what it is. He's in love with me like I'm in love with him, it's always been that way.

Now he's distant and the unaware nanny has caught his heart.

It makes me wonder what I did wrong. Did I not satisfy him? Would he rather have an older taller woman? Maybe I was too immature for him.

I'm not sure, my emotions are all over the place right now. Trust me, I'm aware.

I led Kate over to the grand fireplace, showing her around since she hadn't seen that part of the house yet.

It wasn't by coincidence though. Any time my eyes darted over to the wood chunks in the fire pit I would be reminded of why I was here. Then my mind goes straight to how the wood got into the chunks in the first place. And finally, my eyes glance over to the ax sitting gently next to the fireplace.

Yet, I kept my composure and continued entertaining Kate. The two of us exchanged kind words and small talk, you know, what you're supposed to do in a friendly conversation.

It really does suck. Kate and I get along really well. She's always very nice to me and her intentions with Flora are honest and true. It pains me inside how hurt Flora will be but, I know what I must do.

I do have empathy though. I feel bad for Kate. She's a bright young adult trying to fill the empty void in Bly Manor. She's been nothing but delightful to me.

Maybe in another life we could've been friends.

What a shame.

Kate gapes at the orange flames, a smile creeping on her face, "Wow... I am at a loss for words. This is beautiful."

I stand behind her, my eyes narrowing as I realize she's distracted. My lips form in a thin line and I stay silent as she continues to ramble about the fireplace. I take slow quiet steps over to the ax, carefully clutching it between my hands as I creep behind the older woman.