ᵗʰᵉ ʸᵉᵃʳⁿⁱⁿᵍ ⁿᵉᵛᵉʳ ᵉⁿᵈˢ ⁻ ᵐ.ʷ

so hyped for my baby mike wheeler in s4, the trailer looks fucking amazing

anyways, in this you're 14 and mike's 17

fyi, nothing really romantic happens

also this is like the normal stranger things plot line except without the whole other dimension thing and el is still a lab experiment that escaped but none of that supernatural stuff happened after

For as long as I can remember, I've always been in love with Mike Wheeler. It started out as a small simple crush. I mean, he was a couple years older than me, nervous yet confident in himself. At least enough to make me feel always cared for.

We met when he was ten and I was seven. Before my brother and Nancy Wheeler ever dated, Steve would be a very kind boy and help Mrs. Wheeler with some things. You know, being a good Samaritan, helping her take in groceries, baby sit the younger children, mow the lawn. Anything to get a couple bucks for the arcade.

Well during these events, he always had to bring me along, his little sister. Luckily, I'd never get too bored since Mike was there.

He used to be so interested in me. He thought I was so cool. Like, this mini young kid will play any game or do anything I say, how fucking awesome.

Yeah, well bitches grow up, unfortunately. And now he has a long distance girlfriend, which I have no fucking idea how they're still together. One of them is definitely cheating, there's no way they can last that long without any physical touch.

I know. I'm clearly salty and stupid. Why the hell would Mike Wheeler ever be interested in a girl three years younger than himself? It's stupid.

At least his girlfriend doesn't live here anymore. I am thankful for that. I don't have to sit and watch them make out all day and hold hands and be all gross. I remember always wanting Mike and I to play our game together but he was always busy with her.

Our game consisted of this very dope truth or dare mixed with all the dares having to deal with our floor is lava territory, which was very difficult, by the way. The adults would always warn us to not jump on the furniture, but we'd never care.

I remember playing with him as if it was yesterday.

"I dare you to do five cartwheels on the floating stones."

I blinked as I glanced over at the couch cushions on the floor besides the coffee table.

"Okay, Mikey," I breathlessly nodded, standing up and preparing to do a flip.

I huffed thoroughly before throwing my body on the couch cushions. I was doing well until I got to the fourth cartwheel and fell on the corner of the coffee table, hurting my ankle.

My immediate reaction was to scream and cry, which is what I did.

Mike gasped, rushing over to me and carefully placing his hand upon my mouth.

"Shhh," He hushed, "If my mom hears you crying she won't let us play anymore. Got it?"

I nodded with hot tears rushing down my face, softly sniffling as he pulled his hand away. I looked down at my bare ankle and noticed the red mark.