ᵇᵉʰᵉᵃᵈᵉᵈ ⁻ ᵐ.ᶠ

2380 words

disclaimer: this one gets a little spicy ya'll.... not too dirty tho ;)

-

miles fairchild, better known as the headless horseman nowadays; beheaded for having an affair with the mayor of sleepy hollow's wife.

now he's a terrifying ghoul with a pumpkin for a head, haunting sleepy hollow for the rest of eternity.

but how did this all come about, you may ask?

well, it all started when a couple of troopers came to visit sleepy hollow in the 1700s. the revolutionary war was on a rise and the mayor had invited them over to his town himself.

miles fairchild, was one of those troopers. a bright young man he was, very charming and mysterious.

the man always considered himself a horse person, since he's attached by the hip to his horse, samson.

a gorgeous ebony horse, grumpy in the presence of everyone except miles.

the two were a pair, a duo, best friends even. the point is, miles was a horseman.

the only person he ever cared for was his little sister... and then his horse. which, his horse wasn't a person anyways... so, his sister, and his sister only.

that was until he met miss y/n walker, wife to henry walker, the mayor of sleepy hollow.

the most dazzling gal he's ever laid his eyes on, very youthful, far younger then her husband. maybe even a little younger than miles himself.

but he could never have her, for she is already wedded with mister henry. in more modern words, she's taken.

miles can't help himself though, he still remembers when he first met her.

that sparkling smile of hers as he greeted her.

"fairchild, this is my wife, y/n." henry introduced the two.

miles shakily grabbed the woman's hand, placing a gentle kiss on it, "pleasure to meet you, mrs. walker."

she lightly chuckled, hiding it behind her hand, "likewise, mr. fairchild. but please, call me y/n."

y/n.

her name makes his heart want to sing. it made him want to peel off rose petals, murmuring the words 'she loves me, she loves me not'.

now miles fairchild was not stupid. he knew better then to fool around with the mayor's wife. especially henry walker. for instance, he was a very very mean man under all that pretty money. and executing anyone in the county, or sleepy hollow on it's own was a very common recurrence.

miles was sure he did not want to cross any of those boundaries that would lead him to death.

that was until the mayor's wife herself requested horse lessons from none other than mr. fairchild.

it was the first time he saw her wearing anything other than a dress. a blue coat loosely hung over her frame, paired with boots that are better off worn when riding a horse.