ᵍʰᵒˢᵗᶠᵃᶜᵉ ⁻ ᵐ.ʷ

stranger things au, still takes place in the 80s but without any of that upside down shit or vecna

"Did you guys hear what happened last night?" Lucas asked breathlessly before he plopped his lunch tray down on the table.

"No? What? What!" Dustin questioned with a mouth full, a curious gleam in his eyes.

Y/n gulped, shivers running down her spine, "Patrick wont stop talking about it."

Mike rolled his eyes at the mention of Patrick.

"Well yeah," Lucas sighed, "Patrick and Jason were best friends."

"I heard Chrissy was murdered too. Is that true? I haven't seen her at all today." Max interrupted the conversation, a fearful expression worn on her face.

"Patrick said..." Y/n inhaled, preparing for the disturbing words that were about to leave her mouth, "H-He said that Chrissy was home alone. And that the killer taped Jason to a chair outside of her house and made her watch."

"Then he killed Chrissy. She was strung up on a tree. I live right down the road from her, my neighbor said he witnessed the whole thing when the cops showed up." Lucas added.

El frowned, "I'm so sorry." Her doe eyes were on Lucas and Y/n. Although neither of them particularly liked Jason or Chrissy—out of the entire party, they were the closest to them. That being because Y/n is dating Patrick, Jason's best friend. And because Lucas is on the basketball team with them. Well... Jason was on the team.

Will was besides her, his eyes going wide at the horrifying news, "People are dying left and right."

"Last week it was Eddie Munson." Dustin sniffled, "The week before it was Tammy Thompson. What if one of us is next?"

Mike scoffed, "It's just some dumbass wearing a Halloween costume and killing people."

"People we know," Y/n snarled at his careless behavior. She knew damn well he wouldn't survive a second with a serial killer besides him. He just liked to project himself to sound bigger and badder.

"No," Mike smiled passive aggressively, "People you know."

Y/n bit her lip and glared at him. She knew where he was going with this. Patrick. It was so foolish of Mike to do so. He was petty and jealous. It broke Y/n's heart because at one point Mike had a chance with her. And he blew it.

Now— she's dating a popular basketball player. And he's dating El Hopper.

Y/n was so done with his bullshit. She wasn't going around throwing insults at El just because she was dating a guy she used to like. So why couldn't Mike show the same respect?

She felt someone tap her shoulder. Expectedly, she flinched and turned her head around. It was Patrick.

Speak of the devil, she thought.

"Hey babe," He said softly, eyes red from crying, "The service for Jason is gonna start in thirty minutes. I talked to the principal, he said we can leave early for it."