ᵐᵉᵃⁿⁱⁿᵍˡᵉˢˢ ⁻ ᶻ.ᵏ.

"Y/n... seriously?"

My brows furrowed as I opened my bedroom door, instantly seeing how Ziggy hovered in front of my computer screen. I guess I can't even leave to use the bathroom for two minutes without Ziggy already snooping around.

I rubbed the back of my neck, shutting the door behind me once I walked fully into the room, "What?"

He stood up and backed away from the desk, pointing at the computer screen. I squinted with confusion at the sight of my HiHat account.

"What about it?"

"You follow me. You also have every one of my songs saved to your playlist, you've liked every single video of mine and gifted me fifteen times."

I blinked, my mouth forming into an 'o' shape at the realization. At first, I thought it wasn't a big deal. But boy, was I wrong.

7 Months Before...

"I actually have over 20,000 followers on HiHat," Ziggy bragged for the one-hundredth time that day, awkwardly sitting at his 'friends' table.

"Never heard of you," Lila's friend giggled.

Ziggy frowned before nudging me as I sat besides him, "What about you?"

I froze, my eyes widening with fear. Thickly swallowing like a nervous maniac, I shook my head.

"No," I managed to squeak out.

Ziggy had an upset expression but shrugged as Lila brought the conversation back to politics.

I wiped the sweat off my forehead, that was a close one. I've known about Ziggy for awhile. I actually love his music and videos. But I would sound like a crazy stalker if I said that.

Present time...

A smile came upon my face, "I've always known about you..." I said shyly.

I expected him to look prideful, love filling his hauntingly dark eyes as his face filled with a grin. But anything but that happened. In fact, he looked furious.

"Really? So you made me feel like an idiot for 7 months straight? Why the fuck would you let me walk around like a fool, begging for people's validation when you were a fan all along?" He huffed, his hands clenching and unclenching in a repeated cycle, "Do you know how high my self worth would be if you would've just told me?"

I felt my mouth go dry, at a complete loss for words.

"I... I thought I would seem like a creep to you. I thought I would scare you off. And maybe I would've made your ego even worse than it already it is." I kind of mumbled the last sentence but he heard it perfectly.

"What."

"I mean, come on Ziggy, there's a reason why you sit alone. Well, unless you count Jackie as your friend which I highly doubt. You have no real connections besides me in the real world and it still hasn't helped that much."

He let out a chuckle, low and sad as if he was reflecting on how pathetic the situation was.

"My own fucking girlfriend," He spat under his breath with frustration, "You think I'm a fucking loser too. You're just like everybody else."

My face fell, regretting my words as I stammered, "I didn't mean it like that- I'm just saying, people don't really like you because of you're egotistical behavior about your HiHat... I don't know, if I told you I was a fan of your music before then I'm not sure how you would've reacted to that."

"I would've been fucking happy for once. I would've felt good for once. But now I just feel like a fucking idiot. Which isn't much different from usual."

"You're not an idiot... it's just, your attitude can be annoying. And I'm sorry if that hurts your feelings but someone has to tell you the truth."

"I think we should break up," He blurted.

"Ziggy!" I exclaimed, my voice cracking and tears welling in my eyes, "Are you kidding? Calm down."

"No you ruined my self-image."

"I didn't mean to-"

"Well you did." His hands dug through his jacket pockets before pulling out a crumpled piece of paper and placing it into my hand, "Here, you can have your stupid poem back."

I softly gasped, holding back tears as I uncrumpled the paper. It was something I wrote for him as a birthday present.

His eyes are a ghostly dark, his hair matching the same shade. But when we stand in the sunlight, I see the golden sparkles in his irises, the color illuminating when he looks at me. I see the brown strands of his hair, highlighting the raven locks that are normally seen. His crooked grin responds to the sun with delight, his face scrunching up slightly to avoid the heat. It is then that I see him fully. The round pouty lips he has, like rose petals puckered together. The freckles displayed across his face, like the stars sprayed across the galaxy. As cheesy as it sounds, he was my galaxy. His freckles were the stars. His eyes were the planets. But most importantly, his heart is what keeps everything going. He might not know it, but fuck, I love him.

I wiped a tear away as I read the poem, sniffling quietly. My fingers pinched the parchment tightly as I sighed.

"Wait," I croakily said, "Why is wet and sticky?"

"Doesn't matter," Ziggy angrily dismissed.

"You really don't wanna keep it?"

"It's meaningless now."

At that I started to sob.

"I hate you Ziggy! I hate you so much!"

"Yeah whatever," he started walking away, head hung low as he gulped harshly, looking like he was about to cry.

I silently cried as the door shut, his footsteps eventually disappearing. Where the hell would he even go? His relationship with his mother is awful. He can't connect with his father. The only person who bothers to hang out with him besides me is Jackie, and he's annoying as hell.

Will he be all alone? In the shallowness of his room? Crying? Without anyone? Alone? I felt my heart shatter.

I really wish he wasn't such a dick. It would make everything a lot easier.