ᵗʰᵉʸ ᵗᵉˡˡ ᵐᵉ ⁱ'ᵐ ᵃ ᵍᵒᵈ

Summary: Finn Wolfhard and Y/n L/n let fame get the best of them.

This imagine is based off of the song, My Ordinary Life.

TRIGGER WARNING: Toxic themes displayed! Abuse seen (physical, verbal, emotional, etc.) 

Finn Wolfhard and Y/n L/n were one of the most famous teenage actors out there. The two starred in the hit TV show, Stranger Things, and played each other's love interests.

While filming the third season, feelings got caught between the two and they began dating.

Now, they're the most famous teenage couple out there.

Social media posts would be made all the time, complimenting the two.

Things like,

'Couple goals!'

'They're soulmates!'

'They're so cute together!'

Y/n would bite her lip while scrolling through these comments. They all worshiped them... If only they knew the truth.

The fandom acts like the only side to them is on social media, when it's really not.

Social media is just a mask covering the harsh reality.

The harsh reality of the fact that Y/n L/n is a hardcore stoner who ends up at parties and does drugs... Not like they'll ever see that part of her.

Or the Finn Wolfhard who is an arrogant asshole and has severe drinking problems and mental issues... They would never see that either.

They let us lie to them and don't feel like they've been misled...

Deep down, the bitter truth bites Y/n in the stomach, day after day.

She'd be peacefully eating her dinner, watching her lovely boyfriend on Fanmio, talking with fans.

They tell him he's so humble...

He'd say he's turning red.

They let him to lie to them.

Why don't they feel misled?

Finn was on top of the world, he was cocky and slightly narcissistic... But he hid it so well, for he remained modest to everyone else around them.

They'd always be complimenting him about how he's sober.... He always says he hates cigarettes.

Why does Y/n find them on the bathroom floor everyday?

He says he wasn't a partying person... That he missed out on teenage fun.

But every Saturday he shows up to one.

He gets drunk and says things he doesn't mean.

Means things he won't and never will say.