ⁱᵗ ʷᵃˢ ᵃᵗ ᵗʰⁱˢ ᵐᵒᵐᵉⁿᵗ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ʰᵉ ᵏⁿᵉʷ⁻

please buckle your seat belts, this one's gonna be a ride <3

also there will be multiple pov changes

(Finn's POV)

Tonight was the most important night of the year—well, at least Y/n deems it as so. She was chosen to host and organize the rising young actors campaign (idfk this is made up and everything here is fiction so don't come for me cuz i rlly have no answers, anyways-).

She's been talking about how everything has to be perfect for months. This clearly means a lot to her. She rants to me all the time about how this is her chance to be taken seriously as a nineteen year-old actress. I always assure her that people do love her and take her seriously, and that she's one of the best actresses of this generation.

She thinks her reputation is fucked up because I got her pregnant a couple years ago and now everybody kinda knows and it's really awkward, but—anyways... She's gonna do great, I know she will.

She invited basically every young actor, since this campaign is for them as well. I even managed to convince her to invite my best friend Jack, and they hate each other. And when I say 'hate', I mean hate hate hate hate. Like despise. They used to be close friends but fell out. Now it's weird 'cause Jack is my best friend and Y/n is my girlfriend. Awkward, right?

They're probably gonna avoid each other all night, and to be honest, I can't blame them.

We're at the stadium right now as me and a couple of other friends help Y/n get ready. I helped Caleb set some of the tables as Y/n got changed for the night. She came out in this dazzling summer style blue dress that fell just above her knees. She's absolutely precious, per usual. Especially when she goes all boss mode.

"Guys, everything has to be perfect," she lectured with brows raised, "The food just got delivered, can you guys please go get that while I make sure we have enough seats?"

Caleb nodded, "You got it."

Noah followed after him before I trailed along side as well. Y/n grasped onto my arm and briefly stopped me.

"Hm?" I hummed with confusion.

"Look," she declared with a deep breath, "I'm trusting you on what you said about Jack, but I can already tell you guys are goofing off—and that's fine but, please don't let that be a distraction for tonight, Finn. Please, I'm begging you."

"Don't worry, baby. Everything's under control."

She lifted one brow and gave me a look before letting go of me, allowing me to resume my actions.

I went and got a tray of appetizers as Jack helped me carry it. We kept purposely bumping into each other and chuckling like two dumb idiots about it. We then stole two french fries from the tray and made it a competition to catch the food with our mouths. I know it's childish, but it's also really fun.

"Babe," Y/n scolded, completely ignoring Jack's presence, "The food is for the campaign, not for you right now."

"Sorry, uh—we got carried away."

"Well maybe don't?" She scoffed before grabbing the tray from us and walking away.

"Damn, she's so proper now," Jack nudged my shoulder with a grin, "Remember when she didn't give a shit about anything?"